Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone's reference - Aiden Bonar averaged:
19.8 disposals, 2.3 marks, 6.2 tackles a game and 0.6 goals a game.

This is in a league where players regularly have 50+ possessions because they are playing against blokes who would be playing A-Grade Amateurs in Western Australia or Victoria.

He's an alright player but if it wasn't for the fact he was at GWS he wouldn't be spoken about. I assume everyone also wants to trade for other recent draftees who are playing in the 2s, like Luke Davies Uniack, Zach Bailey, Matthew Ling etcc,

Bailey will be alright.

How many guys his size move the way he does...

I wouldn't back any Carlton player to beat Tomlinson in a time trial - but then again I know the family. They are all runners - his sister was a genuine world class middle distance runner as a teenager - unfortunately injury ruined her career. Family are all Collingwood supporters btw.

From our win against the Crows late in the year.

Docherty - Thomas
Charlie - Casboult
Martin - Deluca
Cunningham - Lang
Kruezer - Phillips
Marchbank - Newman
Papley - Gibbons
Fisher - Kennedy

8 pretty good footballers out of that team if we get Martin & Papley

Going to be very tight for spots.

And we may get another B+ Mid yet.

Plus Stocker who I really rate
Newman stays in this team easily. Had an amazing start and finish to the year. Will only improve with doc around.

I wouldn't back any Carlton player to beat Tomlinson in a time trial - but then again I know the family. They are all runners - his sister was a genuine world class middle distance runner as a teenager - unfortunately injury ruined her career. Family are all Collingwood supporters btw.
Disagree. Curnow, cottrell and O’Brien all would beat him.

Agreed Harks, also I am happy they seem to be addressing our need for another quality/Back up Ruckman..

If Darcy Cameron can be half as good as Reily O'Brein or Rowan Marshall, we are in a very good promising position going forwards..

Stephen Silvagni has done a remarkable job rebuilding our list from scratch.. So proud of the Silver Fox :)
TDK will be as good if not better than Reily O'Brien or Rowan Marshall

For everyone's reference - Aiden Bonar averaged:
19.8 disposals, 2.3 marks, 6.2 tackles a game and 0.6 goals a game.

This is in a league where players regularly have 50+ possessions because they are playing against blokes who would be playing A-Grade Amateurs in Western Australia or Victoria.

He's an alright player but if it wasn't for the fact he was at GWS he wouldn't be spoken about. I assume everyone also wants to trade for other recent draftees who are playing in the 2s, like Luke Davies Uniack, Zach Bailey, Matthew Ling etcc,

Yes to all 😉

Agreed Harks, also I am happy they seem to be addressing our need for another quality/Back up Ruckman..

If Darcy Cameron can be half as good as Reily O'Brein or Rowan Marshall, we are in a very good promising position going forwards..

Stephen Silvagni has done a remarkable job rebuilding our list from scratch.. So proud of the Silver Fox :)

Proof will be in the pudding, but the (fairly clear) list rebuild strategy that SOS has mapped out has been a remarkable success and no doubt will become the benchmark for teams to follow.

Stage 1
Stock up on KPP
Stage 2
Build midfield
Throughout
Build flank depth (relatively cheap)
Step 3
Small forwards (has already been shown they are readily available)
Free Agency for needs (yet to be determined)
Ruck depth(yet to be determined)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am fine with us missing Betts if he is on $500-$600k a year and Adelaide refuse to pay at least half of that if he came to us, that is big money.

Crows can play hardball if they want.

They’ll end up paying $600K to a player who’s heart is not it - and is attempting “goal pf the year” every time he gets near the ball.

Not very smart.

TDK will be as good if not better than Reily O'Brien or Rowan Marshall

Wouldn't surprise me at all, given what I've seen.

O'Brien and Marshall are very good and both relatively new, but they're surprisingly 24 years old against TDK, who's still only 20.

Age doesn't account for everything but you can simply see things in De Koning, we haven't seen with any of our rucks for years.

Tomlinson ran a 10.32min 3 km at the 2011 draft combine. Kerridge was 30 seconds quicker. There would be at least 4 quicker around Princes Park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marchbank. I’m not playing jones Weitering Marchbank Plowman in the same backline ever again. Look at how well we’ve gone with 1-2 of them with Teague. Some of them will be playing VFL.

They are all in front of Newman.

At least 3 of them will always play. We have never gone with only 1 or 2 of them when all fit.

I still can't quite work out why we'd be after both Jacobs and Cameron

... are we expecting Phillips to leave or be delisted? Casboult perhaps leaving factors into it also?

I don't think we have any intention of recruiting both.

Who comes out for him?

Newman was good but we have better
Definitely wasn’t amazing

Newman was better than good and I'm not sure we do have better in 2020.

He was seriously underrated this year.

Crows can play hardball if they want.

They’ll end up paying $600K to a player who’s heart is not it - and is attempting “goal pf the year” every time he gets near the ball.

Not very smart.
Yeh, I reckon the Cows would be happy for a salary dump, even for part of his salary. If he ends up at Carlton, we'd be giving up little for him trade wise.

They're just posturing at the moment.

We may not have better next year but when we push for a flag we need players like him to be fringe.

Not necessarily.

There are many worse footballers to have won a premiership than Nic Newman.

He had some great games but the gap between his good and bad is too big.

As is the case for many.

He didn't play too many bad games, but did have his moments, and turnovers coming out of the defensive half always seem to stick more in the mind of supporters because of how costly they can be.

I'd be happy to have any at the club honestly, but it just seems like when they're at GWS people talk them up a fair bit as if they would be carving up the AFL if they weren't at GWS, and i don't think Bonar is an example of that... now Jackson Hately maybe.
By Comparison,

Hately averages: 26 Disposals, 5 Marks, 6.5 tackles and 0.4 goals a game. He's the one you'd go after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back