Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Swans want Marchbank, it's a straight swap for Papley or they can sod off.

They have a contracted, best 22 player we want, we have one they want, straight swap and move on. Marchy ain't steak knives.

And you know what...I'd consider it.

Martin for future second.
Papley for Marchbank.
Betts + Cameron/Jacobs + Butler/Cutler for late picks.

Pick 8 gets someone like Deven Robertson or Dylan Stephens, perhaps we get lucky and Kemp, Ash or Young slip to that pick. Or we could be a bit craftier and trade it for a couple of picks in the 16-25 range, where there are still going to be some handy small forwards and mids available.

Or maybe there's that mature midfielder that can be pried out of another club for Pick 8...Petracca? Crouch?

Straight swap Marchbank for Papley?

Sorry B_B, that's the kind of delusional talk that we normally mock opposition fans for....

I had a feeling Marchbank might be involved in a trade and as much as I like him I'd be happy if he was involved in the papley trade if it meant we kept our first round picks

Marchbank value would be at it's lowest right now. Swans probably want pick 8 and Marchbank for Papley. That seems well overs to me.

Still I appreciate the info. Will be an interesting trade period.

Marchbank & 8 for Papley and 23 (24 after PP).
Then trade 24 for Martin?
Effectively Marchbank for Martin....

???

Losing Marchbank for a small forward would haunt us for as long as Josh Kennedy has.
I like Tom Papley, think he fits a great need for us and hope we get him. But the price for me seems ridiculous.
Talk of Crows wanting a top 10 pick for Laird, who is a 25 yr old 2 time AA.... Not sure hows Tom's price can be considered higher than his.

I'm torn with this Marchbank news.

I'm on the fence. If he wants to go, ok. If the club thinks it's worth cashing in, ok. Would love for him to stay. Missed quite a few games this year but I reckon he is developing every year into a very good player.
I'm with you, however can't see Marchbank leaving GWS to come home to Vic, to then be happy to go back to Sydney

Marchbank straight swap for Papley would work, fills a need for us and we have coverage for him, not ideal, but you have to give up quality to get quality in. You would think a 3 or 4 yr deal on good coin would be appealing to him especially given he would look great in there backline
come on mate, we’d need a future 2nd to add to marchbank, no way in hell would a straight swap be fair

Man this time of year is crazy, there is no chance we will be trading any of our young key position stocks just so we can go "shopping". Weits and Marchbank will be our key defenders for the next decade and we certainly wont be trading either for a small forward no matter how good they are.

It's nice knowing clubs are becoming envious of our list.

With Martin and Papley coming in though I think he'll be kept out. He might want regular senior game time, he'd get it up there. Even Butler would probably be picked ahead of him.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He still projects as a good inside bull IMO. Just needs a good run at it and and huuuge preseason. Not a long term forward option if we get those guys through the door, plus JSOS plays that role better, but the midfield role is there for the taking.

Straight swap Marchbank for Papley?

View attachment 744543

Sorry B_B, that's the kind of delusional talk that we normally mock opposition fans for....

Exactly - which is why it wouldn't happen. But that would need to be our approach to the discussion - you have a best 22 player we want, if you really want one of our best 22 players that's the bulk of the deal done, you're not getting a starting senior player as steak knives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rory Laird on the table at AFC

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

On the table as in, Adelaide looking to trade him?
Or on the table as in, Laird is one of the players trying to get out?

He's contracted for another 2 seasons, so it's an important distinction.

Really good player, but not sure he's the type we'd be looking at given the expected cost (high first rounder would be my guess).

Losing Marchbank for a small forward would haunt us for as long as Josh Kennedy has.
I like Tom Papley, think he fits a great need for us and hope we get him. But the price for me seems ridiculous.
Talk of Crows wanting a top 10 pick for Laird, who is a 25 yr old 2 time AA.... Not sure hows Tom's price can be considered higher than his.

I'm not so sure about that.

I have a lot of time for Marchbank, but can see a functioning back-line without him.
The forward line though is bereft of quality small/mid-sized goal-kickers.

We are going to lose players along the way and it doesn't matter as long as we trade to advantage and if for instance Sydney entertained the notion of a straight swap (and they wouldn't), I'd do it.

FWIW we have no interest in trading Marchbank and he hasn't shown any interest in wanting to leave. I was more just commenting on what swans were sniffing for
anything to report re Rory Laird TCP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back