Bluemour Melting Pot XX - Snark Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In all seriousness we need to move on from Papley very quickly if Sydney are hell bent on keeping him. Pick 9 is more than reasonable for a contracted Papley. Not worth 2 firsts or any more than 9 under any circumstance. Get Martin done (who'll be as good if not better for less) get Butler and Betts as small forwards for much less and lets turn 9 and next years first into an A grade midfielder. Much more to play out here and we can do more than Papley if its going to take 2 firsts to get him out of Sydney.
Never surrender!

Thanks for the info.

If they want him, and are willing to trade something for him (third round pick at best, I'd have thought) I'd be fine. Wonder what's in it for him, though; potentially more ones footy, but their record with injury is almost as bad as ours is over the last two/three years. Would've thought he'd want to go somewhere that can get him on the park and allow him to actually get some continuity to press his case for AFL footy.

Would be perfectly fine trading Phillips and hopefully whatever late pick we get for him can be traded for Knight or Cutler.

If he does go though it's imperative we keep Casboult as our ruck stocks would just be Kreuzer/Casboult/TDK unless we get someone else for depth like Zac Smith or Tom Nicholls.

Just with Papley. We have 4ITK's who have said he will be at CFC next year (barass70, carlton09, OR(talking footy) and reg_lower91). Surely this fills people with a bit more confidence then Sam Edmund saying that the trade won't happen "at this point".

Just with Papley. We have 4ITK's who have said he will be at CFC next year (barass70, carlton09, OR(talking footy) and reg_lower91). Surely this fills people with a bit more confidence then Sam Edmund saying that the trade won't happen "at this point".

At this point in time Trade Radio/SEN may as well drop transmission and go to their emergency transmission signal of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass continually playing “Spanish Flea”, it would be just as informative.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was feeling a little nervous this morning RE: SEN reporting Sydney going hard ball on Papley.
I too have faith in Barrass70.
You have to wonder what the real truth is with: contract status, justification for getting back home.
Just pleased SOS has back up plans with other small forwards.
Now..... who is this secret Mid we're after???
I'm not convinced the secret mid is a big target but could be someone like a Knight or Cerra.

I'm more interested in a big name like Grundy or McCluggage (both pipe dreams). Following BG's contract standoff very closely and would love to see it explode in Eddie's face and push him our way this year or next.

With any negotiation (football or business), there’s always posturing to strike the best deal possible.

And nothing is done until the deal is struck.

However, if the ITKs are close to those negotiating they’ll have a pretty good idea of how things will land and it sounds like it well, albeit can’t be certain until it happens.

Point being, in depth speculation and analysis about will it definitely happen, or won’t happen, is somewhat pointless. We’ll only definitely know once it happens.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not convinced the secret mid is a big target but could be someone like a Knight or Cerra.

I'm more interested in a big name like Grundy or McCluggage (both pipe dreams). Following BG's contract standoff very closely and would love to see it explode in Eddie's face and push him our way this year or next.
Eddie's face was so red after Collywobbles lost Pre-lim final. I thought his head was going to explode then.

Things change this time last year all these itks had Shiel to us. all we know is Papley wants to get to us and he’s gone public with his intention, we are offering pick 9 and anything more is way overs. Much better opportunity for 2 first rounders if that’s what it’s going to take to shake him loose.

If I was a Sports Writer, Commentator or Umpire I would be very, very, very anti-Essendon.
you could do that just by being factual.....

I do wonder why we engaged with B. Ellis in the first place.
Kicking the tyres is fine, but coming to an agreement with him.....?

Anyway, glad he's not coming our way, even as a RFA.
Getting Ellis seems like a deal we would have done 5 years ago. I’m glad we’ve moved on from taking someone just because they are interested and available. We’ve turned the corner to now chasing who we want/need.

Thanks for the info.

If they want him, and are willing to trade something for him (third round pick at best, I'd have thought) I'd be fine. Wonder what's in it for him, though; potentially more ones footy, but their record with injury is almost as bad as ours is over the last two/three years. Would've thought he'd want to go somewhere that can get him on the park and allow him to actually get some continuity to press his case for AFL footy.

My guess is he may feel pigeon-holed as 'half-decent backup' which probably gets frustrating after this long. Essendon would have a fresh look and maybe he gets a better go or has renewed enthusiasm with a change of scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back