2020 AFL fixture released

Remove this Banner Ad

Will north get a rotating opponent each year?
I think it is more than likely to stay with us but I am unsure of their plan. Caroline Wilson on 3AW said it was the AFL "righting a wrong" which I assume is because the opponent slot was taken off us initially and given to Saints and then Essendon.

Happy for the dogs and roos to get this marquee game every year - but as a trade off, we should have the Maddie's match moved to a Saturday night and ALWAYS televised because that is the only "marquee" match we ever get. Otherwise, what's the point?

North and the Bulldogs should be given an extended run at Good Friday to try and build it into an event. This would then only leave St Kilda among Vic clubs without a permanent marquee fixture.

Rich/Carl - opener
Rich/Ess - Dreamtime
Rich/Melb - ANZAC Eve
Coll/Ess - ANZAC Day
Coll/Melb - QB
Gee/Haw - Easter Monday
Nth/WB - Good Friday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey mate, sorry to hear that Essendon didn't get the Good Friday slot like you hoped for, lets hope they're a chance next year!
You might wanna reread my posts.

I thought we'd keep it, I hoped we wouldn't.

Happy for the dogs and roos to get this marquee game every year - but as a trade off, we should have the Maddie's match moved to a Saturday night and ALWAYS televised because that is the only "marquee" match we ever get. Otherwise, what's the point?
Would love for the Saints to truly get a marquee game, Maddies match would be a special fit.

The same way Richmond were allowed to keep Dreamtime and the season opener when they didn't win a final for 15+ years.

...and just like that, my comment goes over the head of ANOTHER Essendon supporter.

I don’t believe the comment, I simply said it because Bomberboyokay decided to whinge about the Richmond/Carlton season opener.

All of those games keep their marquee status due to crowd sizes.

North and the Bulldogs should be given an extended run at Good Friday to try and build it into an event. This would then only leave St Kilda among Vic clubs without a permanent marquee fixture.

Rich/Carl - opener
Rich/Ess - Dreamtime
Rich/Melb - ANZAC Eve
Coll/Ess - ANZAC Day
Coll/Melb - QB
Gee/Haw - Easter Monday
Nth/WB - Good Friday

You're forgetting the biggest of them all; Ess / Gee COUNTRY GAME

446779804ebe6e8343d74e246ad78f35

Rich/Carl - opener
Rich/Ess - Dreamtime
Rich/Melb - ANZAC Eve
Coll/Ess - ANZAC Day
Coll/Melb - QB
Gee/Haw - Easter Monday
Nth/WB - Good Friday
We kind of have one with maddie's match but they need to put it on primetime so it gets more exposure. Nick and Jack Riewoldt should try to give it a bit more exposure since it's their initiative.

JOE DANIHER won't have to wait long to play at the SCG in 2020, with the AFL scheduling an early Sydney-Essendon showdown under Friday night lights.

AFL.com.au understands the Bombers will travel north to tackle the Swans in round two on Friday, March 27.

Yeah just read back through it and forgot that one. For some reason I read the messages as you being arrogant when you were simply speaking the truth, my bad. My apologies to you matey
I'm pleasantly surprised I was wrong about the AFL in this case. Maybe they're not just about the almighty $$ anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back