Caolan Mooney

Essendon ?? by the sound of it he and McKenna might make an interesting altho unpredictable pairing...
I think the problem with Mooney was that he was anything but unpredictable.

Every time he got the pill he just ran as fast as he could straight towards goal. Every frickin time.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
100%, he wouldn't nominate without a club expressing interest beforehand... and there's a strong chance it'll be us.
You think we will draft him with our pick in the 60's because apparently we don't have a rookie pick? I can't see it but I do agree a club must have expressed interest for him to put his hand up surely.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
He'll face the Marty Clarke problem -- too long out of the game, which has changed since he last played it, too old when he comes back.

6 of 1, 1/2 dozen the other for me. I think the introduction of the 6-6-6 rule helps his case, makes his "get ball and run really fast" approach a more important aspect. At 26 there remains time for him if he's selected.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
6 of 1, 1/2 dozen the other for me. I think the introduction of the 6-6-6 rule helps his case, makes his "get ball and run really fast" approach a more important aspect. At 26 there remains time for him if he's selected.

Yeah, I thought that Marty Clarke would come back and be at least a B+. Though admittedly he had that chronic fatigue or whatever it was. I guess Mooney does have the pace the Clarke lacked. But probably not the natural talent.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully you're not suggesting we waste a spot for this bloke?, I like your posts but I'm sure about this one

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, I thought that Marty Clarke would come back and be at least a B+. Though admittedly he had that chronic fatigue or whatever it was. I guess Mooney does have the pace the Clarke lacked. But probably not the natural talent.
He had the pace 5 years ago, doesn't mean he still has it, I saw this guy play a lot of VFL and he was a shocker

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully you're not suggesting we waste a spot for this bloke?, I like your posts but I'm sure about this one

Wasn't aware that I'd suggested anything of the sort although if we had a suite of rookie list spots to fill I certainly wouldn't be averse to adding him. That's not our situation though.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
You think we will draft him with our pick in the 60's because apparently we don't have a rookie pick? I can't see it but I do agree a club must have expressed interest for him to put his hand up surely.

We already have our 60's range speculative pick of a pacy small defender / midfielder with sometimes questionable disposal by foot on board in Noble.

No chance we draft Mooney - ex players nominate themselves all the time but that doesn't mean that a club is into them to any real degree.

Back