Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Not an appointment that fills me with excitement but we’re all just going on gut feel and the flawed thinking that people just repeat the past and don’t grow and adapt.

If it doesn’t work out, a few know it alls will claim that they knew for a fact it wasn’t going to work. If it does work, the critics will say nothing.

Good luck Mike.

Or maybe not

I wouldn’t read to much into that. This is a win now deal for the next 2-3 years, the Jones family can afford to pay him out of need be.
By the mid point of his 5 year deal we’ll be well on our way to salary cap hell & guys like Frederick & Tyron will be thinking about retirement. If McCarthy isn’t getting the desired results by the 2022 season, it’s probably a good time to blow it up (both personnel & coaches) and start again.

I do really like the appointment of Mike Nolan from the Saints as our new DC.

Will be disappointed if Kellen Moore sticks around at OC but in saying that Garrett was very offensive based and who knows what he Over ruled on gameday etc.

Much happier now than what I was going to Week 1 this season and bring on next year. FA will be a big tester though as a few blokes need to get paid and as always you cannot fit them all. That massive Zeke contract is going to bite us on the arse I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That massive Zeke contract is going to bite us on the arse I reckon.

i dont think it will, there is a new player deal coming and its already predicted that the salary cap will go up at least 8 million before that

The final salary cap figure for next season, derived as a percentage of the league’s revenue, will be set after further deliberation with the NFL Players Association.

If the salary cap figure increases at least $10 million from this season to next season, it would be the seventh straight year with such a jump. The cap was $120.4 million in 2011, the first season of the current 10-year collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players’ union.

I think its going to work out to be a pretty smart deal in the end, hopefully McCarthy can use him more in the passing game too

i dont think it will, there is a new player deal coming and its already predicted that the salary cap will go up at least 8 million before that

The final salary cap figure for next season, derived as a percentage of the league’s revenue, will be set after further deliberation with the NFL Players Association.

If the salary cap figure increases at least $10 million from this season to next season, it would be the seventh straight year with such a jump. The cap was $120.4 million in 2011, the first season of the current 10-year collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players’ union.

I think its going to work out to be a pretty smart deal in the end, hopefully McCarthy can use him more in the passing game too
Wow I didn’t know that.

If he stays healthy the long term cap ramifications are no where near as bad as what I initially thought.

Zeke is only 24 too, and we basically have him for 8 years locked in (7 now) at 103 million- thats 12 million a year, that to me is a huge bargain

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Jane Slater reported Wednesday that the Cowboys and Elliott have agreed to a six-year, $90 million extension, per sources informed of the deal. In all, it's $103 million over eight years, with $50 million guaranteed, Rapoport added. The team later confirmed the deal.

i think more and more its just going to be about the guaranteed money thanks to kirk cousins and the NBA. The players just want that big lump sum initially now

get though the first 3 seasons of the contract injury free and teams should be fairly safe.if it happens in the first year or 2 you are ****ed though

or even worse give a dud a huge contract like Goff who got a four-year, $134 million extension with $110 million guaranteed . That is insane deal

I am liking this article!

John Fassel hired as special teams coach from the Rams.

Best signature so far IMO and we were dead last in ST phases this season.

John Fassel hired as special teams coach from the Rams.

Best signature so far IMO and we were dead last in ST phases this season.
yeah, our ST sucked. Watching teams in the playoffs be smart on a punt return and starting closer than the 25, or blocking field goals was a stark reminder. Hope Fassel can turn this part of our team around.

Legit cannot remember one decent ST play.
Yep and Jones the punter had a shocking season also. So many 35yd punts especially late in the season.

I don’t think we keep him around and Fasel won’t put up with that crap. I reckon we take a punter in the draft with a #180 type pick or compensation pick in the 7th round etc.

Yep and Jones the punter had a shocking season also. So many 35yd punts especially late in the season.

I don’t think we keep him around and Fasel won’t put up with that crap. I reckon we take a punter in the draft with a #180 type pick or compensation pick in the 7th round etc.
Glad we cut Maher too - he missed a lot of gettable field goals that felt really painful - we'd charge all the way up the field, couldn't convert in the redzone (questionable play calling), and then to walk away without a field goal.....

Forbath has not missed a beat since coming over but he is a journeyman who has been sacked a heap and credit to him but I reckon we are a big chance to draft a punter and kicker very late in the draft and we have a few compensation picks late this up coming draft.

Grab both a punter and a kicker very late that are outstanding in their positions in college that have nominated for the draft.

Glad we cut Maher too - he missed a lot of gettable field goals that felt really painful - we'd charge all the way up the field, couldn't convert in the redzone (questionable play calling), and then to walk away without a field goal.....

And yet you could pretty much always bank on him hitting some 60 yard monster against us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back