Mega Thread 2020 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy New Year everyone.

I think anyone with family/friends impacted by the fires or really any Australian that is just fed up with the s**t show that has been our government and their atrocious handling of it perhaps just need a place to vent.

I don't think this thread is the right place but I also think most people aren't keen to start/enter a convo with a bunch of strangers constituted from all other 17 clubs. I'm personally here for the Freo community, not the BF community. I respect other Freo supporters will have differences of opinions on various things but in most cases I want to hear them and debate them.

Also may have been smarter if another mod had shut it down in here given the one who did posted quite a few political posts themselves and the convo was somewhat trending against their pov at the time ;) A bit ironic given the topic but I'm sure taylor didn't intend it that way.

Perhaps a separate thread where those who are interested can vent and share their views? I have zero interest in the Electric Boogaloo thread and assume others feel similarly but it still exists and I just ignore it. Or are (the vast majority of) people not capable of ignoring threads that don't interest them?
I love the electric boogaloo thread!.......in fact, Imma gunna post there now cos it's the greatest thread ever in the history of threads!

On SM-T835 using BigFooty.com mobile app

South Africa have five wickets in hand going into the final session of the test. Can they hold on or will the Poms claim the wickets de Kock and Van der Dussen and roll through the SA tail?

I don’t actually care either way who wins but with all the recent talk of 4 day tests it is great to see a test match going into the final two hours of the 5th day with two possible results very much on the cards.

I'm glad Owen has moved to Victoria since 2016 and is now harassing the Renegades.

Anyone else well and truly over the BBL after being pretty into it during its infancy? I think it suffers a lot from a lack of big international stars, including Aussie players. I'll catch a minute here and there of the odd Scorchers match but at this stage it all feels rather samey and run of the mill. Have found myself slowly getting into more and more US sports over the years to fill the summer itch and having Kayo really expedites that
The biggest issue has been the expansion of the season. It’s gone from an 8 game season to a 14 game season nearly overnight, and its suffered for it. Games used to be more ‘events’ due to more of a novelty factor whereas now they’re ‘just another game’ so to speak. CA have done their best to kill the golden goose
I've been a Freo fan since inception & despite moving to Melbourne 7 years ago I liked the Scorchers.
I'm still a WA boy, but I'm more Melbourne than Perth & at the start of this BBL I decided to quit the Scorchers as they are a Perth team(& they have too many Poms).
The team I chose was the Renegades as I didn't like the Stars, only for the Renegades to become crap as soon as I liked them.
understand the decision anyway, but you do realise both the renegades and scorchers have the same number of English players

I love the BBL. Its the perfect thing to get me through till pre-season comp.
Come home from work, put it on in the background and make dinner.
Sit down and watch the last 5 overs.
I love it too, just gives something to watch but if you have something on it is no big deal to miss or have on in the background.

Did anyone see Livingstone get hit in the goolies twice last night? It was funny enough but the sounds he made and the look in his eyes just after were priceless. If someone could get the videos up I would much appreciate it, funniest thing I had seen for a while.

I love it too, just gives something to watch but if you have something on it is no big deal to miss or have on in the background.

Did anyone see Livingstone get hit in the goolies twice last night? It was funny enough but the sounds he made and the look in his eyes just after were priceless. If someone could get the videos up I would much appreciate it, funniest thing I had seen for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest issue has been the expansion of the season. It’s gone from an 8 game season to a 14 game season nearly overnight, and its suffered for it. Games used to be more ‘events’ due to more of a novelty factor whereas now they’re ‘just another game’ so to speak. CA have done their best to kill the golden goose

understand the decision anyway, but you do realise both the renegades and scorchers have the same number of English players
Haha
Didn't know that. But surely the Scorchers have had the most Poms over the whole thing & I'm not what you'd call an Anglophile
I'm not huge on the big bash, but like the idea of having a team.
Maybe I will want the heat or hurricanes 2 win it now

With the likely announcement of a State of Origin match, everyone would want Fyfe playing. Coming off his shoulder surgery will he be right? What does everyone think about risking him?
No. I think JLo would rather donate money out of the club or at worst, his own pocket, rather than risk his best player and captain at the start of his head coach career

I must be one of the only ones that doesn't want to see State of Origin again, no matter what they tweet the players won't take it serious enough for it to be worthwhile. Plenty of other ways the AFL can contribute.
It's happening now. 28th of February. Victoria vs. The Rest.

If it's not for the black and gold of WA, I'd rather our guys don't risk injury for a poxy Allies team. I assume Fyfe and Walters will be selected if available. Phone it in or don't play I say.

It's happening now. 28th of February. Victoria vs. The Rest.

If it's not for the black and gold of WA, I'd rather our guys don't risk injury for a poxy Allies team. I assume Fyfe and Walters will be selected if available. Phone it in or don't play I say.
That would disrespect the cause they are playing for.

The "cause" is certainly a fundraiser, for those who are suffering from the effects of a natural disaster. I agree the game won't be played at full intensity but footballers are competitive beasts. They will want to win.

I think it should be a draft for selecting the players where all the players are available.

Then if they can't play, they humbly pay a $1000 fine (or other amount), or their club pay $5000 (or other amount) and everyone gets to publicly do their part without risking it.

The AFL love contrived results too, so they will have videos of players who aren't fit to play (or can't be risked) ready to go when they have their named called by one of the teams... Brodie Grundy... "I'm really sorry I won't be able to play in this game as I'm recovering but I recognise the massive need and want to do my part so here is $2000"

That way the AFL and the clubs protect their stars, the public reputation of the players is maintained with a little ego boost, and the game goes ahead.

Then in the week before the game the captains get together and "spontaneously agree" that whichever team loses pays $50,000 extra to the funds raised - to put some skin in the game.

Then after the game the losing captain says on stage how he is honoured to have lead this fine team and they couldn't be happier with their money going to a great cause.

..and the winning captain goes up to accept his trophy, announcing that his team is going to match the $50,000 "because we are all in this together"

Warm and fuzzies.

aaaaaand scene.

I want to see a regular state of origin game but make it for under 22's or something only. Fans love seeing their up and comers playing and it takes the risk of injury to the comps absolute cream of the crop players out of the equation, albeit injuries to your young guns aren't ideal either. Kids are also less likely to phone it in and see it as a big occasion to make a name for themselves, sort of like that new years game where Fev came out and kicked 10 or 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back