Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher - derp Brisbane player

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently collingwood are urged to make a play for him or cameron at the end of the year.
Yes Ross Lyon is doing the urging.

Isn't Beams clearing off their books?
Yes, but they are hard against the cap currently and they are yet to re-sign De Goey and Moore
I imagine that Beams salary will likely be eaten up by thie extensions anyway along with any other resiginings plus 70k each for two minimum draftees.

Sure but 2 million over four. You’d assume they would front end considering the talent coming out of contract this year they’ed have budgeted for pay risers.
I thought Beams was on a lot more than $500k a season.

Yes, but they are hard against the cap currently and they are yet to re-sign De Goey and Moore
I imagine that Beams salary will likely be eaten up by thie extensions anyway along with any other resiginings plus 70k each for two minimum draftees.

Could you imagine De Goey and Stringer in the same forward line??

Could you imagine De Goey and Stringer in the same forward line??

If we're getting JDG it has to be because we plan on playing him mostly in the middle. And to afford him we'd have to lose Daniher IMO, in which case I'd rather target a genuine KPF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Daniher isn't going to Collingwood. We aren't getting De Goey. Ross Lyon has taken a page out of the Kane Cornes media guide.
I've heard we're a chance for JDG, have no idea how reliable it is though.

Pies' premiership window is open. What's in it for JDG?
Cash? He’s been in a bit of s**t in his time at Collingwood. Maybe they wouldn’t be too unhappy to cut him loose. I’m just speculating, wouldn’t have the foggiest.

Cash? He’s been in a bit of s**t in his time at Collingwood. Maybe they wouldn’t be too unhappy to cut him loose. I’m just speculating, wouldn’t have the foggiest.
I just can't see it happening. If anyone's leaving them it'll be Beams, and even then it won't be for Daniher. If we believe JD's issue is the fish bowl, he'll still be trying for Sydney. I'd hope we'd convince him that any Sydney or Qld team offers the same benefit, so we broaden our options.

I just can't see it happening. If anyone's leaving them it'll be Beams, and even then it won't be for Daniher. If we believe JD's issue is the fish bowl, he'll still be trying for Sydney. I'd hope we'd convince him that any Sydney or Qld team offers the same benefit, so we broaden our options.
On the basis it’s a highly unsubstantiated rumour I agree. However, if you told me at the start of 2017 that we’d be getting stringer for two second rounders id have laughed

Top goal kickers since Lloyd left. Not the best sight

2010: Angus Monfries 24
2011: Stewart Crameri 34
2012: Stewart Crameri 32
2013: Stewart Crameri 30
2014: Joe Daniher 28
2015: Joe Daniher 34
2016: Joe Daniher 43
2017: Joe Daniher 65
2018: Jake Stringer 30
2019: Jake Stringer 34

Top goal kickers since Lloyd left. Not the best sight

2010: Angus Monfries 24
2011: Stewart Crameri 34
2012: Stewart Crameri 32
2013: Stewart Crameri 30
2014: Joe Daniher 28
2015: Joe Daniher 34
2016: Joe Daniher 43
2017: Joe Daniher 65
2018: Jake Stringer 30
2019: Jake Stringer 34
That's depressing. In 2017 when JD was on fire, we had 9 players kick 85% of our goals for the year. Nowhere good enough.

Collingwood who are at salary capacity with no notable retirees on the horizon. RightO.

On top of the fact that Joe would really want to go to another big Melbourne club that has even more spotlight on their players.

Click bait.

On the basis it’s a highly unsubstantiated rumour I agree. However, if you told me at the start of 2017 that we’d be getting stringer for two second rounders id have laughed
I'm going with highly unsubstantiated rumour. Covid is bringing out freaks. There are hoarders, dobbers, disease paranoids, conspiracy theorists and gossip mongers. I'm trying to remain with the pragmatics (which would be a great name for a band). The gossip mongers have perpetuated the JoeDan.

If he left them it would be for all the wrong reasons, purely a cash grab, Not news to anyone that he had his issues early days like Dusty and the Pies always backed him him, he probably owes them a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back