Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anything fallen hard as quickly as Westworld? From best new drama of the year to who cares in the space of two seasons.

Meh, I liked season 3 better than season 2, even with the poor last few episodes.

True, the stand alone season perfectly encapsulated and arcs landed made it a one and done show... until they had money thrown at them to go around again.

That's nearly every tv show ever made. How many shows would start being made knowing they're going 2+ seasons? 5%? Less?

As mentioned last page, you just need an ending that works for your season to make it somewhat self contained if thats all you end up getting to make, while leaving threads open that could be explored and hoping to make more. Seriously doubt that either HBO or the show runners were 'planning' for it to be one and done.

Just the finale? Or the whole season?
The whole season was disappointing. Paradoxically too simple while the motivations of the characters being absurdly complex and ridiculous. It also tried to be very Matrix-like with extended fight scenes and pithy one-liners that never felt like they had much in the way of stakes. Aaron Paul was average, but I blame the material rather than his attempt to deliver. Even Ed Harris was phoning it in. It still looks flashy and nice, but there was nothing underneath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole season was disappointing. Paradoxically too simple while the motivations of the characters being absurdly complex and ridiculous. It also tried to be very Matrix-like with extended fight scenes and pithy one-liners that never felt like they had much in the way of stakes. Aaron Paul was average, but I blame the material rather than his attempt to deliver. Even Ed Harris was phoning it in. It still looks flashy and nice, but there was nothing underneath.
Yeah, the whole season was pretty rubbish. The only thing I'd disagree with is that I still thought Ed Harris was great. Any scene that he was in was noticeably better than all the others around it.

Yeah, the whole season was pretty rubbish. The only thing I'd disagree with is that I still thought Ed Harris was great. Any scene that he was in was noticeably better than all the others around it.
Felt all the way through that his character made no sense and didn't follow up on the post-credit scene from season at all. The final scene he was in where people shoot at him from close range and miss while he runs around a corner and that's enough to get away was indicative of the action throughout as well.

Felt all the way through that his character made no sense and didn't follow up on the post-credit scene from season at all. The final scene he was in where people shoot at him from close range and miss while he runs around a corner and that's enough to get away was indicative of the action throughout as well.
I thought the post-season 2 scene was many, many, many years into the future though, right?

Season 3 seemed very much like an interim season to me, setting the scene for Season 4. Why they've basically done an entire season where not a whole lot happened, I don't know.
Not a whole lot happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back