Skills developing

Remove this Banner Ad

benchwarmer31

Rookie
Jun 14, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
hey guys
i'm a 16 year old who's got a bit more weight then i wanna have about 105 kilos at 6 foot 5 tall, was just wondering if anybody has some workout ideas, cardio and weight routines i could follow or any advice, also need some development drills i can do alone or with a mate so i can give myself the best chance of performing at my highest level next year. any tips and advice is appreciated
cheers guys

The easiest way to drop wt is via the My Fitness Pal App where you simply add in your info which is your current weight, what you want to get to and how much you want to lose each week (my suggestion is 1kg per week) - it will then give you a daily calorie number that you cannot exceed and guaranteed you'll lose 1kg a week for weeks on end (on average).

Don't be too aggressive with it like dropping 5kgs in 2 weeks, just let time and compliance do it's job.

As far as solo drills are concerned your really left with running/gym work and goal kicking but if you have something to kick at (taerget etc) then you can ue that in plenty of ways to replicate a somewhat game simulated situation l do here -

Check out my site www.aussierulestraining.com for more also

cheers mate, you got any recommedations of gym work and running tasks i can do
The easiest way to drop wt is via the My Fitness Pal App where you simply add in your info which is your current weight, what you want to get to and how much you want to lose each week (my suggestion is 1kg per week) - it will then give you a daily calorie number that you cannot exceed and guaranteed you'll lose 1kg a week for weeks on end (on average).

Don't be too aggressive with it like dropping 5kgs in 2 weeks, just let time and compliance do it's job.

As far as solo drills are concerned your really left with running/gym work and goal kicking but if you have something to kick at (taerget etc) then you can ue that in plenty of ways to replicate a somewhat game simulated situation l do here -

Check out my site www.aussierulestraining.com for more also

running is running really but I'd do actual sprinting as you don't get any of that at footy/training so start off with 20m sprints at full pace and full rest (3mins+) and work it up to 40 - 50m again with full rest (4 - 5mins)

running is running really but I'd do actual sprinting as you don't get any of that at footy/training so start off with 20m sprints at full pace and full rest (3mins+) and work it up to 40 - 50m again with full rest (4 - 5mins)

any advice on being able to do long distance and being able to run out the whole game without running out of juice?

assuming you're a ruckman so replicate the running you do in a game - long and slow
Yea occasionally ruckman but played forward pocket and Full forward and rucked from goal square to centre Half forward, should I still just do long and slow running?

go for time starting at 10mins straight and working up to 40mins straight over a fair period of time...if your not playing this yr then you've got plenty of time so don't be in too much of a rush

go for time starting at 10mins straight and working up to 40mins straight over a fair period of time...if your not playing this yr then you've got plenty of time so don't be in too much of a rush
Nah not playing this year, should I just try and make 10 minutes by doing laps of the oval or should I do just running around the block

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back