Round 6 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW I still have faith that smith will finish the year averaging 90. Yeah he had a bad patch but was still averaging 87 before this game.
His actual form was a lot better in the 2nd half of the game.
Who gives a *? Maximus is now the most expensive SC player in the game. Can downgrade to Neale and have cash left over.

Is that a 2001 reference?

uR9IDF.gif

I started Dev Smith expecting a 90-100 average, if he can average 90 and play every game, I'll be happy. 90 average for a F5 or F6 forward is fine. I have more pressing issues (like getting these sh*t rookies out of my starting 22) then worrying about Smith. Funny that tonight he had the most touches he's had all year, but a heap of clangers hurt his score.

Regarding Pickett v Bennell's 54, I'd play Pickett for sure, worth the risk. I reckon Pickett will get bulk midfield minutes with Cotch and Prestia out. I'm expecting an 80+ score, but I reckon at worst you're getting a 60.
yeah i reckon i'm gonna have to hold on to devon smith for at least 1 more week. hopefully he doesnt bleed any more cash and ideally he goes and gets 100 again like he did in his first 2 games. starcevich, noble and budarick need to go, and day, simpson and rankine all look like awesome cheapos to trade in, especially rankine. yeah thats what i reckon. pickett will surely be on ball a bit more with all these richmond injuries in the last week. pickett it is!

honestly for rucks my bar atm is just get 2 of grundy, gawn and goldstein. for midfielders its 110, but honestly if they averaged 107 or 108 or something like that i'd still pretty much consider them to be a premo.

i did a little cheat sheet of which premos to pick up before the season started and this is what my bars were for each line

defender premo 95+ uber premo 105+
midfielder premo 110+ uber premo 115+
ruck - just get 2 of grundy, gawn and goldstein.
forward - premo - 100+ uber premo 105+

uber premo is what i call the super elite ones out of the premos. eg. lloyd and docherty are just about the only uber premo defenders really in recent years. midfielders its neale, macrae, fyfe, cripps, t.mitchell as some examples in recent years. pendles and ablett going back far enough. rucks its the big 3. forward, its only really whitfield, and thats going off last year where he was a defender in supercoach.

premos are somewhat likely to be best 6/8 in any given year. uber premos are pretty much locks to be best 6/8, but you're gonna have to shell out 650k probably for them. worth it imo. started the year with neale macrae fyfe cripps mitchell grundy gawn docherty (fallen premo) whitfield.

dont have gawn anymore cos i saw an opportunity to make cash first through jacobs and then pittonet. seeing his huge scores every week really does hurt, but at least pittonet in particular has made me a ton of cash.

yeah cool cool I just noticed your a pies fan. Tell me will Cameron replace Cox next week?

tenor.gif

An advanced civilisation drops a marker and observes how the animals reacts.
I've literally seen the same at many Dees games.

I think that same civilisation is back dropping pallets of Toilet Paper in supermarkets.

Lots of people melting over Wingard. He is the biggest downhill skier of all time. Has never averaged a ton over his career, but I can understand why people jumped on this year, given the shorter quarters and the fact that he is an impact player. The knock on Chad, though, is that when he was at Port he didn't work hard enough off the field IIRC. If the same thing is happening at the Hawks, Clarko won't tolerate it. If that is, in fact, what is happening, then that's probably why Chad is finding himself parked at FF for most of the game.

As for Ceglar, he's never averaged over 77. Didn't understand the love for him in the pre season. Sure he was supposed to be the number 1 ruck, but as long as big boy is in the team, there was always a chance he would come back to the ruck if things turned to sh*t, which is why I steered clear. Hawks are a middle of the road team at best. Titch is the only player you can bank on every week.
Bruest being out has hurt Wingard. People dont realise how important he is to our structure.
Wingard now being forced to try and replace Bruest and he cant in this setup. Wingard need to be playing as 3rd mid pushing forward, not a permanent deep forward. Things will get better in the weeks ahead as we play less games against top 8 teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely you have other rookies to boot first?
Yes I do. I'm just so tired of Smith that trading him for a much bigger profit than from a rookies who hasn't mooed much seems almost preferable. Probably keeping him though and hoping he finds form.

Pickett or Bennell's 54? Also hopefully Pittonet smashes it out of the park.
Yes hopefully Pittonet finds those 130+ scores again.
Unfortunately it's not an either/or thing with Pickett and Bennell. They both have to play on field. Mid bench is McInerney, Rivers and TBrown, which proves how right Vast's above comment is.

Yes I do. I'm just so tired of Smith that trading him for a much bigger profit than from a rookies who hasn't mooed much seems almost preferable. Probably keeping him though and hoping he finds form.

Unfortunately it's not an either/or thing with Pickett and Bennell. They both have to play on field. Mid bench is McInerney, Rivers and TBrown, which proves how right Vast's above comment is.

Hold smith sort out those rookies. Most people have him so the downside is low. Also keep in mind guys like brayshaw and wingard and how their scoring has reversed last 2 rounds.

oh I actually meant that because my mid bench is mcinerney rivers and bennell as the emergency, so i was wondering if i should leave pickett on field or swap mcinerney in for him so i get bennell's score. anyway, i reckon i'll back in pickett to better bennell's score.

oh I actually meant that because my mid bench is mcinerney rivers and bennell as the emergency, so i was wondering if i should leave pickett on field or swap mcinerney in for him so i get bennell's score. anyway, i reckon i'll back in pickett to better bennell's score.
I would too. Reckon he comes back from being dropped determined to do well. Expecting at least 80+

Hold smith sort out those rookies. Most people have him so the downside is low. Also keep in mind guys like brayshaw and wingard and how their scoring has reversed last 2 rounds.
Yes I was really close to bringing in Wingard instead of Simpkin a couple of weeks ago. Bullet dodged I think. You're right. As soon as you move away from the proven players who have been premos over multiple seasons you risk backing a flash in the pan. Especially so early in the season. Haynes, Ridley and Simpkin look to be exceptions so far. I hope that continues as I have 2 of them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back