Autopsy Rd 16 Blues pull off comeback victory from 7 goals down

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

TDK check list

Leap - check
Big marks - check
Ground balls - check
Quick hands - check

Long-term ruckman - check mate
maaaaaaate........

A huge comeback! It was never going to be an easy task, but the boys put their heads down and worked and worked and worked. Lots to like, lots to work on, but enjoy the moment!

Walsh - another BOG performance. 25 disposals, 9 marks, 3 tackles, 600 metres gained, 89% TOG, 84% disposal efficiency,, 10 score involvements, playing from the wing. Oh by the way he is 20 years old.

Samo - best game for the year, provided more zip and link ups to transition the ball forwards. 22 touches, 6 marks, 77% DE

Weitering - A monster 12 marks, 328 metres gained, 16 touches, 81% DE, and 4 inside 50s as a key back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh is our best player at the age of 20. What an absolute ******* gun. If he'd had this form since the start of the year he'd be a lock for AA.

Kid had 600m gained tonight. 600. Absolute machine.
Our next best was Murphy with 350. That is absolutely insane.

Backline solid, midfield usually wins the clearances, forward line shakey.. Think about the order we did our rebuild, think about how hub life has detracted upon training methods. wrapt fo the win, love the growth, TDK is going to be a force, his second contests were outstanding. Best heart and game I have seen SPS compete in all yr.

SPS was a revelation. Still spent a good chunk of the game off half back but just played with the intensity required. Looked real sharp

He was joined by willo who had a much better game than he has recently.....great to see

Plow and weiters we absolute rocks and jones and Doc solid.

The defence was good but they kick the first 7....weird game

Mids were prob just better in the night led by Cripps who willed himself out of the centre.
Walsh was awesome. Best game for the club

Our forward line is almost the most dysfunctional in the league but somehow we managed to do it when it mattered.....no idea what to do with Gov and don’t get me started on Big H’s goal kicking

Still in shock to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a difficult game to analyze

We were probably the better team for 85% of the time, but we are woeful at converting F50's and they are great at converting from limited opportunities.

Walsh is improving week on week, if that can be believed given his first year. Made one, maybe 2 mistakes in the game. Phenomenal.
Weitering lost one of his two contests for the SEASON tonight. Delist.... :) Sensational rock of defence
Jones did not do his usual brainfade this week, and cost us a match winning goal. Tick.
TDK showed what can be for the next decade. Delicious. Skillful, tough.
I assume everyone will back off from Plowman now that he gave Papley a bath??
Simmo had an immense game. Is there really a reason to move him on just for the sake of a birth date?
I'm a Murphy critic, but gave him a pass tonight, that's all I need to see from him.
Doc was back to something like his best. Loved the closing speed and intercept.
McGov. Please just retire, you are taking the piss.
Crippa, what a warrior, almost bog on one leg and half fitness. Dragged us back in to the game with sheer willpower.
SPS shows he should be on ball, as did Walsh
Lesser lights did their jobs more or less.

We seem to think that as we have the big forwards, all we have to do is kick it somewhere into the F50 and that'll do. Bullshit. This is the Achilles Heel. This is the area we need to fix to move to the next rank of teams. Our mids are ok, not sensational, our backs are well above average, but our connection into F50 is deplorable.

Our next best was Murphy with 350. That is absolutely insane.

I still find that one of the most meaningless stats associated with Aussie Rules.Should have left it for Gridiron where it belongs. Even more meaningless than inside 50s.

Back