Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saad is exactly the type of backman we need and does not at all preclude us from equally targeting Williams, who I believe can and wants to play a fair bit of inside mid time.

Both would give us speed - off the backline and through the midfield. It'd also give us the opportunity - with Newman coming back - to flip the SPS experiment down back altogether and get his development back to where it should be.

A Round 1, 2021 would give me a heap of confidence of finals:

B - Saad, Jones, Williamson
HB - Plowman, Weitering, Docherty
C - Walsh, Cripps, Petrevski-Seton
HF - Silvagni, C. Curnow, Martin
F - Gibbons, McKay, Fisher
R - De Koning, W. Setterfield, Z. Williams
I/C - Murphy, Newnes, E. Curnow, B. Kemp

EMG: Casboult, Cuningham, Dow, Newman

Now, if we're looking at Graham from the Tigers, he'd probably come in and play over Kemp right away. But if both are fit, I'd suggest (early days) that Newman and Kemp will both be pushing for a Round 1 berth after long recovery times.

Jungle drums are beating for Saad. We know he's OOC but is he now a Free Agent?

If not, I wonder whether this will turn into a Martin-style cheapie (unlikely given where we sit in the order of things) or what kind of deal could be struck.

I'd say a second rounder would get it done, but you KNOW Dodo would ask for a first.

I recall this when he was leaving the Suns, and always thought in the back of my mind that he could end up at Carlton.
Very nearly did HBF.
I know his family.
SOS wouldn't budge.
Wasn't a big difference in offer but we wouldn't match *.
All I know atm and this is going back 5 weeks is Austin has been in ongoing talks with his manager.
Nothing new but I'll contribute what I know.

Jungle drums are beating for Saad. We know he's OOC but is he now a Free Agent?

If not, I wonder whether this will turn into a Martin-style cheapie (unlikely given where we sit in the order of things) or what kind of deal could be struck.

I'd say a second rounder would get it done, but you KNOW Dodo would ask for a first.

Probably a late 1st is more likely. I'd jump at a 2nd.
Side note - Get a feeling sometimes the AFL community value draft picks to highly.

Would happily take Oliver. Him and Cripps together would be something else.
He enquired last year too, but we prioritiesed the Papley and Martin deals because we were too far down the road with them, if I remember correctly.

If we had a crystal ball and knew the Papley deal would fall through and GC would be w***ers and we would get Martin free, we would have been able to get it done last offseason.

He would be a super addition.

From Tom Morris' blog on Fox Footy... I wonder if the overzealous Essendon supporter is actually Adrian Dodoro (certainly thinks like him):
"do you reckon carlton would be willing to trade patrick cripps for Adam Saad and Jordan Ridley? I'm an essnedon man and reckon cripps would be worth both of those plus carlton probably dont want crippa anymore because he has had a bad year i reckon we all win there but especially essendon"
200w-33.gif

I recall this when he was leaving the Suns, and always thought in the back of my mind that he could end up at Carlton.

He would have, but we didn't meet his contractual demands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there are a lot of good players wanting to come to us then I get the feeling that any decent offers to young or injury prone players will be made. We seem to have currency in terms of salary cap space. We lack a little currency in terms of trade power. Trading up is what we need to do IMO.

Saad or Williams, both would be nice but we have priorities. Williams we just go out and buy, costs us nothing. Saad as well? Probably but we probably have to trade, to get both then someone like SPS probably goes out if there is interest there.

Then speculation over some of the centremen we are looking at, a big turnover in the middle could happen and could be beneficial to us. Merrett, Wines and Viney would be great gets. Good competitors, tough players. You get them then where does that leave Dow. A long way back in the pecking order, he probably helps us get multiples of this group IF there is trade interest. Viney is another player we just go out and buy however.

So potentially we could have Williams and Viney without losing a pick but to get more we probably have to trade.

Merrett is an RFA next season so that makes him gettable now although dealing with Essendon that may not matter.

Wines is a RFA in 2023 so he's probably not gettable, especially in a team looking to keep it's players as they are going quite well.

I think Carlton will be looking for a big haul and quite possibly are capable of it, could be a massive list turnover if things all fall together you would think.

Saad is exactly the type of backman we need and does not at all preclude us from equally targeting Williams, who I believe can and wants to play a fair bit of inside mid time.

Both would give us speed - off the backline and through the midfield. It'd also give us the opportunity - with Newman coming back - to flip the SPS experiment down back altogether and get his development back to where it should be.

A Round 1, 2021 would give me a heap of confidence of finals:

B - Saad, Jones, Williamson
HB - Plowman, Weitering, Docherty
C - Walsh, Cripps, Petrevski-Seton
HF - Silvagni, C. Curnow, Martin
F - Gibbons, McKay, Fisher
R - De Koning, W. Setterfield, Z. Williams
I/C - Murphy, Newnes, E. Curnow, B. Kemp

EMG: Casboult, Cuningham, Dow, Newman

Now, if we're looking at Graham from the Tigers, he'd probably come in and play over Kemp right away. But if both are fit, I'd suggest (early days) that Newman and Kemp will both be pushing for a Round 1 berth after long recovery times.
Who goes 2nd ruck in this team though?

Well, how many times have you seen an ITK specifically pick out a rumour to have a crack at? I'll also point to the fact he deleted his post discrediting my post.....I'll let you all draw your own conclusions as to why.

Do tell but I haven't seen/found any deleted posts discrediting your posts.

ZILCH ...

NADA!

Carlton09 seems a good source. I can't work out tencentpiece yet but giving them the benefit of the doubt. RoyalBlues is very interesting and no reason to rule them out yet.

Reglower is a laugh though, posts the most obvious 'news' two days after it's out, clout makes people do weird things - or maybe he's unaware that the info he's getting is recycled.

RickyMott I'm convinced speaks directly to a Silvagni. Pretty funny the politics of it all that's still going a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back