Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would we be upset if we gave pick 7 for a treloar ?

There would be younger, healthier, players of a similar caliber you could get with a pick 7.

I'm concerned about the miles on Treloar - was smashed early at GWS and then had a similar load at the Pies. I don't see why they would trade him if they didn't have the same concerns. Buyer beware (if he was available).

Levi hasn’t just been dragging defenders towards Harry when Harry is clearly the target and in the better position, he goes for the same ball and makes a full mess of the contest.

It’s compounded because are forward 50 entries have been so poor, when Mitch does lead into space we seemingly kick the ball wherever he isn’t, normally in favour of a crappy shallow entry or the high long bomb towards a pocket where we end up with Harry, Levi and 3 or 4 defenders all going up... before the ball hots the deck and there’s none of our smalls in the right spot and they can rebound out of the 50.

I’m not heralding Mitch here, he really needs to work on his output and involvement, but we certainly don’t make it easy on him with our entries and the structure the rest of our forwards.

I’m really hoping that next year we can have a settled core of Charlie (FF), Harry (CHF), Mitch (3rd tall/high half forward, with Martin, Fisher and one of Gibbons/Murphy/Honey/Betts/new-recruit forming the primary 6 forwards.
You've neatly summed up our forward issues in 2020. Two elements that hurt us week in week out are the inability to convert forward entries and lack of on field leadership across the ground. There is no-one with the presence of someone like Hodge, Boak, Dangerfield, Kennedy (Swans) etc that consistently commands respect and can direct traffic. Couple that with Teague's inability stem the bleeding at times and we are where we are. Not far off the pace. Just need some growth in leadership, the odd recruit and better ball use ahead of centre. Looking forward to trade period and next season.

Opposition can force him onto his right in The midfield too.

The solution is Fisher works on kicking with his right foot, like Simmo did.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, it only took simmo 15 years to kick on his right. Would be in the top 5 most one-sided players in history.

The funniest thing is he would always feign a kick on the right and opponents would over commit literally his whole career. It is amazing noone ever picked up 99.9% of his kicks were on his left over his career.

Ahern when he gets the ball in traffic, generally just chucks it on his boot, a bit like Dow and even like Walsh initially did. But when he gets it outside and has room to move, he has very good disposal. If his injuries aren’t diabolical, Id certainly pick him up.

As for the Saints and Caldwell RUMOUR, I don’t rate them, but they’re doing all the right things, and making finals just enhances that. We don’t necessarily need to follow their model, in fact I wouldn’t, but we just need more success and these players will want to come to us. Shiel was a prime example I believe. Getting an A-grader from somewhere would also help attract. That’s why I’d be more than happy to throw our war chest at Kelly.

Not going to spruik up The Saints, but here's what they did last year -
They identified the types they wanted and got them. Nothing too tricky but each has been all but guaranteed a starting spot.

That's all I want for us. We need this.....get this.....but don't get something you don' really need because there's a good player on the other end.
Complete waste.

The one thing I like about Ahern is he has been managed well at North, and has a couple of years of running under his belt.

No idea why he regressed so quickly though. I really liked him in his draft year and looked like a really good footballer in his first few games.

Could do worse than take him on as a rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Following up on the devastating news on Harry from yesterday, it would appear Patrick Cripps has unfollowed Carlton on Instagram and is following a page called "Memes.com".

Sad to say, but it's clear Cripps will retire in the coming days to pursue his passion of making memes. Huge loss for our club.

I see no reason to bother with Ahern.

Has talent but for all the hype and all the promise he is now 24 and has not done enough at two AFL clubs. Why do we believe that will change at a 3rd club?

Not all his fault of course (injuries certainly have not helped) but last I saw he looked terribly slow and lazy. It's just not what we should be looking for.

It won't cost anything so if for some reason we do decide to go down that path I won't be too critical, but it's a big no from me. There will be better options available as a DFA.

There would be younger, healthier, players of a similar caliber you could get with a pick 7.

I'm concerned about the miles on Treloar - was smashed early at GWS and then had a similar load at the Pies. I don't see why they would trade him if they didn't have the same concerns. Buyer beware (if he was available).
on Treloar. Heard him say on 360 his playing weight is 90 kgs. I would never have picked that.

Not going to spruik up The Saints, but here's what they did last year -
They identified the types they wanted and got them. Nothing too tricky but each has been all but guaranteed a starting spot.

That's all I want for us. We need this.....get this.....but don't get something you don' really need because there's a good player on the other end.
Complete waste.
I would still get jack graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back