Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought from outside the square, but I wonder if part of Carlton's pitch to Saad involves some sort of, dare I say it, Ambassadorial role?

The club must be fuming at the academy zone we were given, which has not delivered any prospects to us, while other clubs are cherry picking top end talent. Remember the Next Generation Academy is all about increasing the 'talent pool of Indigenous and Multicultural players'. When you look at the demographics of our zone, what is the one thing that stands out?

Yep you guessed it, a very large Muslim community, probably the highest concentration anywhere in Victoria.

This is just pure speculation, but I wonder if the club has gone to the AFL and said, look - you jibbed us with a crap academy zone and then you screwed us by paying Coniglio outside the cap to be a multicultural ambassador, so maybe, just maybe, you could so us a favour by allowing us to have our own multicultural ambasador to try and fire up our lagging Academy zone?

It's just a random thought. But even if it's not an official AFL role, I do wonder if this is somehow part of Carlton's pitch to Saad, who is a local boy from our zone and highly respected throughout the muslim community. Maybe I am completely wrong on this. He's a great player who would be awesome for our team and he suits Teague's game style. I am not in any way saying the club is solely or even primarily targeting him for multicultural reasons. But when you think about it, he would be a perfect fit for our club both on and off the field.

Last edited:

WA Bluebagger here, I never post as I am not an ITK but I am sick of reading about Crippa leaving. My son in law played state 18s with Crippa and they still catch up for a drink when he comes back to Perth every now and then. Crippa was a boarder at Aquinas when he went to high school so homesick isn't a factor. I asked my son in law if Crippa would ever come back to Perth to play and he said that "Crippa loves Melbourne too much and loves living there"
That is all.
Goodnight

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well, it is the single greatest city and state in the known world.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just a thought from outside the square, but I wonder if part of Carlton's pitch to Saad involves some sort of, dare I say it, Ambassadorial role?

The club must be fuming at the academy zone were given, which has not delivered any prospects to us, while other clubs are cherry picking top end talent. Remember the Next Generation Academy is all about increasing the 'talent pool of Indigenous and Multicultural players'. When you look at the demographics of our zone, what is the one thing that stands out?

Yep you guessed it, a very large Muslim community, probably the highest concentration anywhere in Victoria.

This is just pure speculation, but I wonder if the club has gone to the AFL and said, look - you jibbed us with a crap academy zone and then you screwed us by paying Coniglio outside the cap to be a multicultural ambassador, so maybe, just maybe, you could so us a favour by allowing us to have our own multicultural ambasador to try and fire up our lagging Academy zone?

It's just a random thought. But even if it's not an official AFL role, I do wonder if this is somehow part of Carlton's pitch to Saad, who is a local boy from our zone and highly respected throughout the muslim community. Maybe I am completely wrong on this. He's a great player who would be awesome for our team and he suits Teague's game style. I am not in any way saying the club is solely or even primarily targeting him for multicultural reasons. But when you think about it, he would be a perfect fit for our club both on and off the field.
Just realised Saad's junior club was West Coburg, across the border into *'s NGA zone 🤪
Same junior club as Brandon Ellis. Hopefully not a bad omen for us

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy to see Mitch go there tbh
Main stumbling block would be $. We would have to pay a fair chunk I think. I’m not averse to the idea or even trading out a couple more with some trade value who haven’t delivered - if it helps build an arsenal to get an elite player in.

Forget trade week, we are effectively done. Williams, maybe another bit player. All other scenarios have either been snuffed out or are pipe dreams.
Good result, save yourself the pain and enjoy the finals.
oreally.jpg

Thanks Tom, every AFL player dreams of getting a new Hyundai

Finally this club has woken up to ourselves and have realised we need to go back to our old ways. Fear not my friends, now we have found this loophole success is bound to happen very soon.

Attachments

• ed6fb9f7-e8b1-4a0b-94ea-f443825ab51b-large16x9_DPS_CarsonCountybust.jpg
    ed6fb9f7-e8b1-4a0b-94ea-f443825ab51b-large16x9_DPS_CarsonCountybust.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 147

Surely St Kilda do not have the trade assets to get a deal for Taranto done ?

Also I do believe we are over the line for Saad and he will request a trade to us

I'm glad St Kilda are having a crack - I think we can come in and pitch to him too.

Interesting plan though. I thought they'd already have enough inside mids with Steele, Ross and Jones.

Surely St Kilda do not have the trade assets to get a deal for Taranto done ?

Also I do believe we are over the line for Saad and he will request a trade to us
Elmer you need to try and find some sort of treatment your the premature celebration issue that you suffer from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back