Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If two planks is on the money then I’d guess it was looking positive for us to pull off a good trade or 2...

What other reason would we have to downgrade our pick in a hard draft to gauge??
Future
Lloyd on footy class going with Saints to have a crack at Taranto.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone watch footy classified tonight. Dunno how much you want to give it but they were talking about taranto and the saints, im sure we would be interested as well.
We have asked the question

Why would they, considering they will play a part in us breaking into finals next year

I legitimately think our football club would be quite an exciting place to be in 2021 if we can keep our best players on the park for the majority of the year.

As of this morning, there were NO Carlton players seeking to leave. Hardy is either making it up or his story is not Carlton related.

Thanks from me as well OR...that's great news!!
A previous poster suggested we have sniffed out all A grade available talent and that Williams is all we are getting. My question just requires a 'yes' or 'no' answer...Do you believe we're still strongly in the mix to pick up somebody else that we will be excited about?

If we do end up with Oliver, however likely/unlikely that is, I'd be worried about our midfield's kicking efficiency. Cripps, Oliver, E. Curnow would all be below average field kicks.

Ed can go back to being a tagger. Can’t have all our midfielders delivering to our forwards with hack kicks.

Up until Round 12 of season 1996 we were sitting on top of the ladder, and from then on the wheels fell of due to a variety of factors including injury.

Conceivably we really could have gone with 4 premierships in a row from 1993 to 1996, with the talent we had.

Parkin wasn't ruthless enough to re-generate the list; particularly post 95. Parkin himself admitted that it was an edict from Elliot that we don't rebuild at Carlton. We should've won the flag in 2000 if not for the injuries to Bradley, Kouta, Allan and SOS...we were playing intoxicating football under Brittain (with Parko overseeing it)

Thanks Tom, every AFL player dreams of getting a new Hyundai

WTF is this? That’s actually a joke. Laughable offer.

Sounds like we made a strong initial offer to him, forced Essendon to put up something similar and make him think. That should be the end of it.

Here’s what we’re offering Adam, have a think about it, we’d love it if you came across.

It doesn’t need to go further than that. If he wants to come he will, but it just looks like a circus when lavish gifts start being involved.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is 30 days until trade week starts. List sizes and salary caps haven’t been confirmed yet for next year and beyond.
I wish there could be a tid bit a day to keep the board sane, but unfortunately things aren’t moving that quickly at the moment!
But the exciting thing is our main target has barely been spoken about on this board. So that should fill a couple of hundred pages.
OR brought it up a little while back.

This will keep us busy for a while.

WTF is this? That’s actually a joke. Laughable offer.

Sounds like we made a strong initial offer to him, forced Essendon to put up something similar and make him think. That should be the end of it.

Here’s what we’re offering Adam, have a think about it, we’d love it if you came across.

It doesn’t need to go further than that. If he wants to come he will, but it just looks like a circus when lavish gifts start being involved.

Its less about the offer and more about our perceived interest in him joining the club.

In direct contrast to how the club presented to him last time (when he left GC).

Put it this way - we didn't embrace him and make him feel as welcome as they did at *

Please tell me 7 is not what we are willing to give up for Saad. Ridiculous

It's irrelevant what Essendon want in a trade, if Saad nominates us.

The hard part is getting Saad to do so, if we need to throw vague sentiments like 'we've got the picks to satisfy Essendon' so be it, but it's immaterial.

Essendon know he's not worth Pick 7, even on the open market. A pick in the teens this year or future second and extras would get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back