Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

+ Naitanui was immense. You'll get another shot, my guy.
+ Darling did his job, and Allen apparently loves a big.moment. He'll have plenty more, too.
+ O'Neill and Williams will be great next year. Ainsworth could at least be the next Hutchings.
+ Donald Trump is probably gonna die

- Wasted opportunity in our window
- Ah Chee probably not in a premiership side
- JK could've been a matchwinner tonight but wasn't. Could eke out another year but tbh I'd rather he spend the summer Mr Miyagi-ing Brander into a gun full forward.

Not much positive... I guess we get an easier draw next year finishing 7th

Negatives

Where is the improvement in 2021 coming from? Paying overs (IMHO) for Kelly means our youth with the next come of years is compromised plus young guys aren't lighting the world on fire

Selections - if Jetta and Schoey aren't better than Petch (would be happy if he never played again) and Ainsworth I'll eat my hat.

Our midfield was, as Billy Butcher would put it, "******* diabolical"

Umpiring was sketchy but out discipline was poor.

Barrass choking under big game pressure like late last year.
It's a good point, where does our improvement come from in 2021? It's going to have to be a change to our game style, probably improve our ground ball gets.
Next year we should be aiming to be top 2.

Can only hope the extra two weeks of lockdown, make them hurt and want to get better.

Still cannot believe some of the decisions tonight, far out. I thought umpiring this year has been at all time worst, but tonight was another level of bad.

The old Pies stigma of being universally hated is probably gone now, Richmond has taken that mantle. Good luck to them, hope the win it frankly.

Honestly, I know VFL yadda yadda, but they really are a remarkable club. Certainly make Richmond look like p***ants when you look at the respective histories.

Good god i really wish you didn't remind me of this.

How ******* bad is Ah Chee.

ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS ******* SCORE!!

Game wouldve gone into overtime if the spud, who was running towards goal, who's paid to kick goals, who plays afl as a job every day, didn't miss everything.

When that happened I looked to my missus and said "Gee I really hope that doesn't cost us the game"

🤦‍♂️

We need to get some draft picks and get him out off our list sooner rather than later. How he's kept his entire career going on this long is a huge achievement.
Yeah Jetts has so much more polish (Ronaldo goal celebration)....Simmo must be super pissed with Jetts.

+ Donald Trump is probably gonna die

I generally don't call West Coast supporters on their posts here (as it should be considered a safe space for venting) and ignore virtually all comments pertaining to politics but this might be the ugliest comment I've seen on the West Coast forum. Shame on you and your disturbing morality.

We went down fighting at the end so hard to be too disappointed. Don't mind losing to the Pies because they play the game pretty fairly. Another average year though overall. Need a few changes all over the ground.
Yeah they owed us one. They are the least dickedy out of the Tigers, Cats, Pies trio so fair play to them. Plus the Pie fans at the GF in 18 were pretty magnanimous after the loss so I'm not gonna get all sooky about it.

We have zero mongrel in the mids without Yeo totally exposed tonight without him. Cliff is coming for this team unfortunately best thing that could of happened. Next year is our last chance to compete hopefully the kick up the bum they need.

Nic Nat and Ryan on a different level to the rest of the team utter class both of them.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Isn't it f****** ridiculous when you see four players stand around a ball bouncing around the ground. Zero game theory, its a contact sport, winning play to tackle and get hard ball disposals then the team who makes the most wins, the team who doesn't loses absolutely.
A lone opposition midfielder (13, 11) reading your rucks taps better then your own team.

I generally don't call West Coast supporters on their posts here and ignore virtually all comments pertaining to politics but this might be the ugliest comment I've seen on the West Coast forum. Shame on you and your disturbing morality.

Wow, just a tad OTT there. It may have been a bit of a crass comment sure, but seriously, it’s Donald Trump. Talk about morality? The man doesn’t have a single ounce of that in him.
I hope he recovers and then loses the election and pays for all the s*** he has caused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They never pay that deliberate because no one else is as obvious as that one and they dont make it so obvious.... unbelievable play from him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What else is he supposed to do there though? A Collingwood player coming at him full tilt and he sidesteps him torwards his favoured kicking side. Other options include sidestepping onto his non preferred or taking the tackle and a likely htb against.

Was hoping for a late Schoey recall. Would have made a few of them earn it. We will miss him next year...

And yeah - you play Jetts in the big games...
Yes the selections at the selection table were a bit baffling to say the least - how Petrucelli & Co got games ahead of Jetta and Schofield - well Im still scratching my head in bewilderment!

What else is he supposed to do there though? A Collingwood player coming at him full tilt and he sidesteps him torwards his favoured kicking side. Other options include sidestepping onto his non preferred or taking the tackle and a likely htb against.
That was deliberate. He should have sidestepped and actually kick the ball. Would have got away with it.

Wow, just a tad OTT there. It may have been a bit of a crass comment sure, but seriously, it’s Donald Trump. Talk about morality? The man doesn’t have a single ounce of that in him.
I hope he recovers and then loses the election and pays for all the s*** he has caused.
Just a joke tho, don't mean to hijack the thread. If you're as tedious as me and want to argue about American politics, pm me and we'll do it there!

Well your going to be sad when he rightfully gets another 4 years..

I am just too enraged to do this in detail atm. Once I cool down, possibly next week, it will encompass the following topics:

-Barrass and the gigantic kick up the ass he needs.
-our woeful ground ball hopelessness that apparently none of the team cares about and Simpson doesn't want to address.
-zoning and giving opposition players acres of space
-that we can't tackle, for sh*t.
-that when we do elect to tackle, they are too physically weak to stick
-Ah Chee and Petch and the eternal banishment they need from our best 22
-Gov and somehow deciding that a ball that hits the ground is somehow now a mark.

Melting. Absolutely Melting.
Agree with a lot you have to say but the development of our lesser likes this year took a bit of a dive without having the Eagles2 team playing in the WAFL as there is nothing like gameday practice as doing it just at training then bringing them in doesn't have the results we would like. It's been a s**t of a year in more ways than one but were no Robinson Crusoe as all teams had to adjust but some teams just did it better than others.

He actually had plenty of options including the first part of that play in going for the mark rather than letting it go.. he also could have been wrapped up and pushed over the line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back