- Feb 20, 2018
- AFL Club
- West Coast
Oscar Allen was a big positive in this match, I forgot it was his first final, he was so composed.
Wow - I had forgotten that last year we lost to Collingwood by 1 point and Richmond by 6 points. Win those two and we were second on the ladder.It's happened against nearly every important game this year and last year against Collingwood and Richmond each of which was decided by a minor margin
I have a mate who is pies supporter as well. The way I see it is that we both have a mutual respect for both of our teams because of the rivalry we have had since 2018. Although we came up empty and the experts suddenly came out and strongly criticised us, but I accept the fact that we missed out on opportunities to kick goals in the 4th quarter and apply scoreboard pressure and Collingwood took their chances .Hope you don't mind me posting here. I've got a group of Wafia mates close by and we've had some pretty tense stouches. What is it about WCE/Pies in the finals?
For mine, the best moment of the night was seeing Ryan and Maynard in close conversation post-match. Maynard pretty much pantsed all night, he never gave up but he hardly stood a chance even after the push-and-shove in Q2. Says a lot about the mutual admiration between players.
Pity about our draw, I don't mind watching you play. I even flew over for QF in 2018 and watched us go down, even with my Pies gear I was shown a pretty good night in Perth that night.
The positives for you are definitely:-
- NicNat giving you a few more years of a head start. Aggressive and agile, made us completely change our game plan
- Liam Ryan is a once in a decade player. And only 24... how bloody high does he get? And gut running to defend as well as kick goals.
- Darling with a vice-like mark. Never seems to spill them, then kicks pretty straight
- Duggan is a ripper, you'd put him in your top 3 on the night
- Hurn, Gaff, Cripps just seem to give you consistency
Pity about the 14 day lock-in. Has been a weird season. But the sound of the crowds on Saturday night was immense and sorely needed.
Looking forward to the same-old punch-on in the finals next year.