Autopsy Round 1, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Darling was just as bad as Gaff but you cant sub 2 players, he couldn't keep his feet he also has to be dropped. From here on its has to be youth only, only guy . Mcgovern & Yeo only veterans i would keep in the team.

I wonder if it’s worth talking Gaff into retirement and trying to free a list spot for the midseason draft. Tho knowing our injury woes, we’ll have a couple on the LTI by then and parachuted back into the 22 and starting on ball

Chesser should play ahead of Gaff, Ledwards. He's now proven he can handle the speed and physicality of AFL football and looks like an asset in and around stoppages and congestion in general.

Time to prune the dead wood.at the coalface.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another massive fall from grace. His dual sides passing in his first year was boner inducing material
Pace and tempo related. Took his time, lowered his eyes and hit targets. Now he's rushed and under the pump and doesn't get time to pay it on his boot.

Imagine 10 odd years in the system yet your debut season straight out of the TAC cup U18's was still your best year at AFL level.

Other than Rhys Palmer at Cockburn, I can't really recall that happening too often. Lewis Taylor maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pace and tempo related. Took his time, lowered his eyes and hit targets. Now he's rushed and under the pump and doesn't get time to pay it on his boot.

Majority of players usually go the other way as their career progresses and yet here we are making this bloke as our captain. Talent wise Duggan surely is our worst captain and I hope he will be the worst for a long time after he retires

Imagine 10 odd years in the system yet your debut season straight out of the TAC cup U18's was still your best year at AFL level.

Other than Rhys Palmer at Cockburn, I can't really recall that happening too often. Lewis Taylor maybe.
Stephenson. Harry Sheezel.

Majority of players usually go the other way as their career progresses and yet here we are making this bloke as our captain. Talent wise Duggan surely is our worst captain and I hope he will be the worst for a long time after he retires

To be fair to Duggan, at least he gets on the park and has a crack.

I do think Shuey was the worst captain we've ever had, mostly due to the fact he wasn't around ever due to being injured, and since Hurn passed the baton to him the club sunk to its lowest depths of all time.

To be fair to Duggan, at least he gets on the park and has a crack.

I do think Shuey was the worst captain we've ever had, mostly due to the fact he wasn't around ever due to being injured, and since Hurn passed the baton to him the club sunk to its lowest depths of all time.
Shuey single-handedly won us a premiership.

zr-BEdkSsV3vazwOMI3fOGOhR6nPEMXIX2LZoKXY-B4.jpg

I'd be satisfied if he stopped blindly slamming it on the boot when he's up against the boundary line. Never fails to go OOTF.

Shuey single-handedly won us a premiership.

Wat.

We are clearly talking about captaincy. Not about him as a player or the things he did BEFORE he was captain, like the 2018 grand final.

Cripes, you really need that pointing out?

Wat.

We are clearly talking about captaincy. Not about him as a player or the things he did BEFORE he was captain, like the 2018 grand final.

Cripes, you really need that pointing out?
You think leadership cannot be proven prior to being made captain? I would say Shuey has proven to be one of our best ever leaders which for mine would automatically disqualify him from being our worst captain.

Note you didn’t say he had the worst period as captain, you said he was our worst captain.

Those thinking we weren't as bad as we were until late because we "just ran out of puff" or whatever you want to call it..

You do realise Port just had 40 shots on goal right? We were lucky it wasn't a 20 goal pantsing.

40 scoring shots to 20. That's laughable.

Other than the 1st quarter it was an annihilation. Had they kicked straight Simpson would already be under the blowtorch for his job after one game.
I know this is super pedantic of me...
But if you kick better you don't just swap the scores around.
Much like taking the ball at its highest point would involve having a 10m vertical leap, they scored so many points because they KEPT scoring points.
Miss goal, turn over from kick in shot on goal repeat.
We were trash exiting defence, if they had kicked better it may have gone back to the centre where we had a bit more competitiveness.
Would that mean it was a more flattering acore line? Probably not. But you get 40 scoring shots by being s**t kicks. The old 8 point play, miss 2 then get one for 3 scoring shots.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back