Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing by SOS, no one stands to gain anything by some of his comments today.

He talks about the board and the club taking big steps forward in his time there, but making these kinds of comments today only hurt Carlton, especially at an important time of the season when we're trying to sell people on the club.

Both sides weren't squeaky clean through all this, but why come out now and air the clubs dirty laundry? It serves no purpose other than self interest. And talk about putting pressure on his Jack? Well he's just heaped it back on now by digging everything back up.

We loved SOS as a player and he was an important part or turning the club around, I just hope for his sake he doesn't become a bitter and disgruntled ex employee taking shots from the sideline like Mick.

Now for the worst part - Liddle will get his say.

No matter what; This is not what we needed right now.
FWIW I have worked with Liddle, he is a snake of a bloke

Listening to SOS today I am not surprised in the slightest that Liddle has done what SOS has said. A few places of previous employment that he wouldn't be welcomed back with open arms

Surely the president comes out and puts this to bed rather than the CEO and SOS getting into a public s**t slinging match

The week we are trying to woo players?

What if it puts an end to players who were on the fence about wanting to come to us or not?

Unnecessary. Especially right now.

Could have spoken about it in March or any time since. Or waited till we have some signatures.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It won't play any role in attracting players

I actually don't think he really bagged Gov. He kinda reminded everyone how good a player he can be and shifted part of the blame onto the club, for playing him unfit and not letting him get fit before throwing him in. Something a few of us have been saying about him, he's not got the core strength back after those injuries, he's not leaping and he's not tackling. All things he's absolutely brilliant at normally. He shouldn't be playing and that's not on him that's on the football department.

Honestly when you are injured you can't blow out 10-15kg.

The club shouldn't be playing an unfit player, but McGovern is so far from professional its sad.

You weren’t happy with our progress? Very well might be excessive to describe on field success but we did good, as a whole, the club has been doing very well this year.
Not particularly. Overall we seem to be going in the right direction but there were still things that were highly unimpressive. Minimal 4 qtr efforts and consistently playing players unable to play out a full game. Dow shouldn't have played, was still injured, same with Gov and I believe Martin suffered the same treatment at some stage too. Cripps should've had games off. He was reaaaally banged up. Just seemed off the way we were doing some things.

FWIW I have worked with Liddle, he is a snake of a bloke

Listening to SOS today I am not surprised in the slightest that Liddle has done what SOS has said. A few places of previous employment that he wouldn't be welcomed back with open arms

Surely the president comes out and puts this to bed rather than the CEO and SOS getting into a public sh*t slinging match

I don't know what that means in context.
It's easy to say stuff like that when one's on the end of unfavourable outcomes.

SOS and SEN manufactured a good tale today and it will have plenty talking.
It also won't be doing the club any favours as now we have Liddle vs SOS sentiments in play.

SOS knew what he was doing entering this conversation and given he loves the club so much.....he hasn't done it any favours at all.

Will be interesting to see the response from the club as there are always 2 sides.

We all thought the reason for not renewing SOS was poor. Club needed to give the something close to the real reason. Should have just said they were parting ways due to a difference in strategies moving forward.

Was Liddle concerned that SOS would kill the Ellis trade because he didn't rate him not the whole trade period ( I would have sabotaged that deal if I was the List Manager).

On Betts, SOS was disappointed that the Club offered more than he wanted to, but if Liddle decided to pay Betts marketing money because he would generate memberships that is kind of what it is there for.

Was good that SOS put Bulter in perspective that we were chasing Papley and had Betts so he was not really a priority (further to that if we got Papley it would not be the best fit for Bulter).

As tempting as it is to dump on a former employer all it does is make you look bad.

Not particularly. Overall we seem to be going in the right direction but there were still things that were highly unimpressive. Minimal 4 qtr efforts and consistently playing players unable to play out a full game. Dow shouldn't have played, was still injured, same with Gov and I believe Martin suffered the same treatment at some stage too. Cripps should've had games off. He was reaaaally banged up. Just seemed off the way we were doing some things.

Cant argue with that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointed that this has happened right on the cusp of trade period.

Exactly what the club didn't need.

I get that SOS has bad blood with Liddle, but if he has the best interests of the club today was not the way to show it.

Terrible timing. Terrible look for the club.

Whacks the club for putting pressure on Jack (which is fair enough)... but now he himself has brought it back up and put the pressure back on Jack.

Might be all truths in his mind, but it was a selfish interview.

Not good for Jack.
Not good for Carlton.
And not good for SOS.

It's easy to say stuff like that when one's on the end of unfavourable outcomes.

It also won't be doing the club any favours as now we have Liddle vs SOS sentiments in play.

SOS knew what he was doing entering this conversation and given he loves the club so much.....he hasn't done it any favours at all.

A good tale? Fairytale?

Interesting take

Just shuddering at the thought of having Brandon Ellis instead of Jack Martin, good news is Austin seems to be targeting the right types.

More I think about, the more I realise just how selfish this was of Silvagni, but it's a good start for a media career.

Couple more things -
1. How do we handle Jack now? No matter what comes about, the CFC will look like the bad guys should he leave.
2. How does Betts feel? Pretty much intimated that he was given more money than he deserved.

Lots of little things but credit to Silvagni and SEN for the orchestration. Talk about throwing things under the bus.

Whatever the truth is, this doesn't help Carlton or Jack Silvagni.

Maybe it's not about doing favours, maybe it's about doing what's right.

More I think about, the more I realise just how selfish this was of Silvagni, but it's a good start for a media career.

Couple more things -
1. How do we handle Jack now? No matter what comes about, the CFC will look like the bad guys should he leave.
2. How does Betts feel? Pretty much intimated that he was given more money than he deserved.

Lots of little things but credit to Silvagni and SEN for the orchestration. Talk about throwing things under the bus.

Bad timing.. faults on both sides.

Of course, but only one side is likely to be able to tell their tale from their point of view and in the meantime, we've divided the CFC

He wasn’t straight on the Saad deal should have said no way I would give up a top ten pick on its own for a hbf
Left it ambiguous never catergoticialy stated his worth

SOS did point out that we've chased him it's our responsibility to get a deal done. Saads manager has a key role to play.

If I was Norths list manager I wouldn't hesitate to call Saads manager and say I'm taking him in the PSD or if he gets through to the National draft second round. Force us to pay a heavy price to get him (just like pushibg up his price while not being seriously interested).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back