Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible to request an IP ban? I've started a new job and am spending too much time on BF.

Is there a way to ban access just from one access point? It's a small workplace, I doubt there is any other BF users.
Sure I can do that for you. Just Convo me the IP.

Chief the sites buggy as hell lately. Have we been hacked again?

The site has never been hacked (apart from an i###t* Channel 9 journalist and some Indian "white hatters" peeking at our search index).

The last few weeks we've had something massive spidering our site and were worried that it was mischief so we've been putting up some active defenses. Turns out we needn't have worried as apart from the inevitable Russians, Chinese, Romanians (go figure) it has turned out that Google has fallen in love with us again and been loading the entire site.

I apologise that I was doing some last tweaks this morning that are now finished. Hopefully only people with pointy** ears will now be inconvenienced.

*can I say i###t? Or is "@#$@#$#$%" a better term?
**is that racist or should I just say Romulans?

Last edited:
The site has never been hacked (apart from an i###t* Channel 9 journalist and some Indian "white hatters" peeking at our search index).

The last few weeks we've had something massive spidering our site and were worried that it was mischief so we've been putting up some active defenses. Turns out we needn't have worried as apart from the inevitable Russians, Chinese, Romanians (go figure) it has turned out that Google has fallen in love with us again and been loading the entire site.

I apologise that I was doing some last tweaks this morning that are now finished. Hopefully only people with pointy** ears will now be inconvenienced.

*can I say i###t? Or is "@#$@#$#$%" a better term?
**is that racist or should I just say Romulans?
If I never mention hacking again will you take the 403 error away whenever I try to load the site from my phone?

*Note* I don't know wtf a 403 error is but I'm getting it constantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I never mention hacking again will you take the 403 error away whenever I try to load the site from my phone?

*Note* I don't know wtf a 403 error is but I'm getting it constantly.

Hmmm, I would cheerfully take the 403 error away forever. Is it working from your desktop but not your phone? Is it happening on the main www.bigfooty.com or inside the forums?

Hmmm, I would cheerfully take the 403 error away forever. Is it working from your desktop but not your phone? Is it happening on the main www.bigfooty.com or inside the forums?
Only from the phone and I only know the forum. It's gone away again so next time it happens I'll try just the website and see what happens.

A while ago I asked if we can hide threads as a user (we can't). Right now I have an issue where I can see a particular thread highlighted as the last posted in on the index but when I go to the board page it isn't listed:

1601780233046.png
1601780200879.png

1601780278941.png

I would have expected a thread last posted in 11 minutes ago to be second on this list. I know it isn't due to thread-banning as this was tested prior when I was asking about hiding threads (also, I can still post in said thread). This has been happening for a while now (a couple of weeks I guess). Why can't I see the thread listed on the Tigers board?

Edit: Here is what I mean that it is shown on the index:
1601782443770.png

Last edited:
A while ago I asked if we can hide threads as a user (we can't). Right now I have an issue where I can see a particular thread highlighted as the last posted in on the index but when I go to the board page it isn't listed:

View attachment 977183
View attachment 977182

View attachment 977184

I would have expected a thread last posted in 11 minutes ago to be second on this list. I know it isn't due to thread-banning as this was tested prior when I was asking about hiding threads (also, I can still post in said thread). This has been happening for a while now (a couple of weeks I guess). Why can't I see the thread listed on the Tigers board?

Edit: Here is what I mean that it is shown on the index:
View attachment 977215
You probably have the OP on ignore. You can unignore them to see the thread, or bookmark it and get to it a different way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably have the OP on ignore. You can unignore them to see the thread, or bookmark it and get to it a different way.

Thanks for answering. I don't have the OP on ignore. Also, if I did have him on ignore shouldn't it prevent me from seeing the thread everywhere, not just on the actual board?

I can see the thread in question just fine, so the thread visibility itself isn't the issue. Are you sure you don't have Marcel Proust on ignore? If you navigate to the thread while he's on ignore you won't be able to see his OP either, which makes it somewhat difficult to check.

On my work PC Ikeep having to confirm like/lol reactions etc - on both chrome and IE. I also have no Text box showing to post replies....any ideas?

On my work PC Ikeep having to confirm like/lol reactions etc - on both chrome and IE. I also have no Text box showing to post replies....any ideas?
What is your operating system?

Browser and version?

Is your browser up to date?

Have you tried this on mobile and/or another browser on the same PC? Tried it on different PCs?

Any of these would help eliminate causes.

Browser and version?

Have you tried this on mobile and/or another browser on the same PC? Tried it on different PCs?

Thanks Chief, err Chrome 86.0.4240.75, windows 10 enterprise. IE is up to date also. Same prob both browsers. fine on phone (on it now).

Browser and version?

Has come good now. If that was you Chief, thanks. Thanks anyway I guess!. Go saints!

May I lodge my disapproval of the changes to the Watched Threads page?
I dislike Unread being the default but understand it - I would like it, however, to remember that I have removed "Unread" as a filter for future loads of the page.
Also I dislike the change that clicking the link to the forum under the thread title now just adds that forum to the filter rather than taking me directly to the forum.

Why have I started getting a crappy looking display of starts everytime a player's name is mentioned?

I'm on the BF App.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The app (essentially Tapatalk) doesn't handle the new data addon terribly well so we have added a user preference to just switch it off. I think you'll need to go into the site via web and it's the last user preference. Details here:

The app (essentially Tapatalk) doesn't handle the new data addon terribly well so we have added a user preference to just switch it off. I think you'll need to go into the site via web and it's the last user preference. Details here:

Cheers, thanks for that! I never realised the app was kinda like a skin over TT.

Thanks again.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When quoting posts with player names in it, I sometimes seem to get a weird replication of the stats instead of just the player name.

I still have ptsd when we said "don't need to draft Cyril Rioli Cyril Rioli Age31 Ht 177cm Wt80kg Pos.Fwd Career Season Last 5 D15.1 4star K9.2 4star HB5.9 4star M3.8 4star T4.6 5star G1.5 5star No current season stats available D15.0 4star K8.8 4star HB6.2 4star M2.4 3star T5.0 5star G1.2 4star , we got Alwyn Davey Alwyn Davey Age36 Ht 174cm Wt76kg Pos.Fwd Career Season Last 5 D11.9 3star K6.5 3star HB5.4 4star M2.3 2star T4.3 5star G1.2 4star No current season stats available D11.0 3star K6.8 3star HB4.2 3star M4.2 4star T4.6 5star G1.2 4star and Leroy Jetta Leroy Jetta Age32 Ht 180cm Wt78kg Pos.Fwd Career Season Last 5 D13.0 3star K7.2 3star HB5.8 4star M2.4 3star T3.3 5star G0.9 4star No current season stats available D7.8 2star K4.4 2star HB3.4 3star M2.0 3star T2.2 4star G0.6 3star "

Using Chrome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back