Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Not arguing with that, agreeing with your point of not copying the Tiges (whose success is based on a single player).

Richmond lost one of the best FBs of all time (not the best, GTFO) and won it again. And they’ll keep going. Think you’re really underselling them. They have a strong core and they’ve learnt to minimise the deficiencies of their lesser players. It just works.

You need to factor in bench rotations and the likes of Bont and Smith can also rest forward

Can't see Dunkley leaving, especially for the reason of not being in the first 4 picked

Yes....they do have a good blend. I could see Smith in he backline if required, also.

Just on Dunkley - Didn't The Dogs come out early in the piece, stating they'd be active in the trade period?
What are they going to be active with then? Selling off that early pick is a give, but what else?

I think that Dunkley may well be up for trade, if indeed he's open to moving.

A team of pat rafters ain't winning you a premiership. You need players with dirt under thier fingernails, to put it politely. This has been my experience at all levels of Australian rules football. I'm not sure there is a strong argument against it. It would be an exception to the rule.

Probably not many. Baby Bombers? Dogs of '16?

We don't yet know how 'mean' we may be and it ma yet come from players we aren't even considering yet; Stocker, Kemp, Honey, TDK....

Yes....they do have a good blend. I could see Smith in he backline if required, also.

Just on Dunkley - Didn't The Dogs come out early in the piece, stating they'd be active in the trade period?
What are they going to be active with then? Selling off that early pick is a give, but what else?

I think that Dunkley may well be up for trade, if indeed he's open to moving.

I don't think anyone will be able to compete with Essendon.

Sounds like they're throwing everything at him.

Agree, dusty aside skills seem to be a less important requirement, the focus on structure, manic defensive pressure and scrappy kicks fwd..a territory at all cost has got them 3 flags....
Don't forget the Dusty "dont argue"fend off to the throat of oppositions. The umpires are in awe of him when he does it.

I don't think anyone will be able to compete with Essendon.

Sounds like they're throwing everything at him.

Everything is how much though?
If Dogs say no, then it's a no. There's no way around it, as we experience via Papley.

It does seem there is something to it though, doesn't it? Could make sense for both parties.
Dogs need to find real forwards and maybe another KPD

EDIT: It's surprising to me just how many want a small forward on The Dogs board.
They just picked up Weightman, but that seems nearly not enough.

If Dogs say no, then it's a no. There's no way around it, as we experience via Papley.

It does seem there is something to it though, doesn't it? Could make sense for both parties.

I've seen the term 'mind-boggling' used to describe his contract offer from the Dons, so I'm going to say in the region of $800k.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He punched the ball, then brought the arm back in.

The only other option would have been to leave the arm extended and cop the front on contact (possibly head to head) while unprotected.

The other option was to try to tuck the elbow in. This he didn’t seem to try to do. He should get games. Even if deemed accidental, head high and high impact he is in bother.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

EDIT: It's surprising to me just how many want a small forward on The Dogs board.
They just picked up Weightman, but that seems nearly not enough.

I could see Dunkley traded, but not to Essendon. They have absolutely nothing that the Dogs need. All they can really offer is a boatload of picks, which the Dogs couldn't care less about since they'll be eaten by a bid on JUH, or another mid i.e Parish etc., which obviously the Dogs don't need.

The only things the Dogs would want from a trade would be the untouchables like Ridley, so it won't happen.

Probably not many. Baby Bombers? Dogs of '16?

We don't yet know how 'mean' we may be and it ma yet come from players we aren't even considering yet; Stocker, Kemp, Honey, TDK....
Dogs maybe. Baby bombers - Dean Wallis and Mark Harvey loved throwing their fists around. But you don't need thugs. Sam Walsh running back with the flight. Head over ball types. Cripps laughing while rag doling so called tough guys. Jack Martin is tough. We're doing alright.

Because this is where we discuss everything waiting for Bluemours. 🤦‍♂️

I don't leave here, this is my home now.
I have set up a good horseshite counselling service at my stable door.
Take a seat; grab a number first.
Welcome.

I can understand why we would want to block that stain from our memory, but that Dog Wallace taking out Mil Hanna at the start of the second quarter...

Was literally the first Carlton game I had ever watched. I remember watching a bit of the 1992 GF on TV as my first exposure to football as a 9 year old and then nothing from 1993 except the GF but I was a Carlton supporter already because my brother was a Carlton supporter. Mate, that hit on Hanna and losing the GF really crushed me. Was right there with SOS getting into the goal umpire.

Dogs maybe. Baby bombers - Dean Wallis and Mark Harvey loved throwing their fists around. But you don't need thugs. Sam Walsh running back with the flight. Head over ball types. Cripps laughing while rag doling so called tough guys. Jack Martin is tough. We're doing alright.
Dom't want a coach that hits below the belt when stressed either.

Last edited:

Just having blokes stick a tackle or 2 would be a significant upswing in toughness for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fact Sam Walsh is my favorite style of tough. He is proper fearless. Gut runs. And when the whips are cracking you know you can rely on him. If push came to shove he would handle himself too.

Yeah probably just make it 12 and future first.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we ended up with picks 12 and 13 and already had Saad. I'd suggest it would be 12 and 13 that would be on the table rather than next years 1st. Keeps us with a strong hand next year for trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back