Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Re Treloar my only concern is his hamstrings and a supposedly big contract - though if he comes to us I think it can be re-negotiated?
Contracts can be renegotiated but Treloar is projected to get an average of $800k - $900k over the next five years since his contract was heavily back-ended.

It will be difficult to get Treloar to agree to giving up that guaranteed money and unfair on him considering he agreed to play for less money in his prime whilst the Pies threw everything at a flag tilt. Let the filth deal with their own mess I reckon. The Treloar, Grundy and Beams contracts are coming back to haunt them.

I said recently Dunkley would be crazy to stay at the dogs. Looks like he listened to me.

Still very surprised we haven’t made a play. Probably a similar player in style and ability to Wines just younger and would come cheaper.

Maybe we did. As much as many here want to believe, not every player wants to come to Carlton. Don't underestimate the lure of good coin. I believe it is as motivating a factor as any in today's climate.

I think the Pies misread where they were at after making the GF in 2018. That team was solid, and they had a pretty strong gameplan, but they still couldn't get over the line against a team that was missing arguably it's two best players. They've then gone and signed their best players on inflated contracts, which is tying their hands for the next few years as they can't bring in players in areas of need.

Not surprised they're open to letting someone like Treloar go.

Well if there’s one team that will understand full well that there’s no obligation for a player under contract to be traded, it’s *.

I’d be delighted if they coughed up the $ and picks the Bulldogs would extort from them, mind you. Two firsts, if I’m the Bulldogs. It’s more than he’s worth but if * are going to turn his head with that length of contract remaining, they pay the price (something we should be ready for re: Oliver).

2 mid firsts sounds about right. A supposedly 'wanted' player with 2 years on his comtract remaining. Is he worth that? Maybe not yet, but in this case, it's definitely a seller's market.

Contracts can be renegotiated but Treloar is projected to get an average of $800k - $900k over the next five years since his contract was heavily back-ended.

It will be difficult to get Treloar to agree to giving up that guaranteed money and unfair on him considering he agreed to play for less money in his prime whilst the Pies threw everything at a flag tilt. Let the filth deal with their own mess I reckon. The Treloar, Grundy and Beams contracts are coming back to haunt them.
Collingwood probably pay a portion of it whereever he goes

Wonder who that mystery player an ITK poster dropped here tantalizingly a couple of days ago?

159493.jpg

Who cares. Dusty will go around again and they’re looking primed for 4 in 5 years. A flag is a flag, 3 flags is ridiculous. They’re going down in history with the Cats and Hawks.

Yet no Dusty last night, Cats would have won.

That late Dusty goal in the second pulled the margin back to 15 or 16. In reality, Cats should have been further ahead....

They don't need picks to get JUH though, trading in higher draft picks is actually disadvantageous for them.

They can always downgrade those picks or trade them into the next draft. The main point being that they've got a guy on their list who will go for maximum value who is being chased by a team that is desperate for an inside mid. As good as Dunkley is, and I think he is somewhat overrated currently in the grand scheme of things, he's expendable.

That late Dusty goal in the second pulled the margin back to 15 or 16. In reality, Cats should have been further ahead....
Also cats second half couldn’t respond to the Richmond pressure. Two goals in the second half of a GF would be hurting Scott the most..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree 100%, but SOS designed the list with top end talent (and with the spine at the core) that will get you to the premiership.

We do need to find a Jones replacement sooner than later - KPD, circa 200cm. Not saying Macreadie couldn't do that but no guarantees...

Drug Cheats just kept applying band aids (after the pin pricks).

I’ve been banging on about Ben McKay since North went into self destruct mode....he is our KPD requirement.
Austin, go fetch him !!

Maybe. Why should this lower their success? I’m sure Cripps will be similarly as important should we rise up the ladder. It’s not a detractor. They’re a champion team.

Wonder who that mystery player an ITK poster dropped here tantalizingly a couple of days ago?

159493.jpg

Mot Hanks??

Wasnt he the barman in the Star Wars canteena scene??

In fact Sam Walsh is my favorite style of tough. He is proper fearless. Gut runs. And when the whips are cracking you know you can rely on him. If push came to shove he would handle himself too.

Agree with this 100. Just fearless head over it and absolute workhorse. God damn we got a good one.

In what universe is it a rumour? doesn’t matter if it’s blue, black or the colour of the bloody rainbow

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No, after all this time I finally figured out what Bluemour actually means. I thought it was just a funny name a mod came up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back