Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t rate Jack as high as others do around here, but I’d be reluctant to do that.

I do rate Jack, but I just feel like his heart isn't at the footy club anymore.
I'd be happy to part with 18 + JSOS, or a few other players. One of them being McGovern. Essendon need tall forwards badly.

Calling sexual assault scalliwag behaviour and "nothing too bad" really not great.

Surely you’re not suggesting calling out sexual assault is being politically correct? I havent seen the context of this post but if it’s relation to JDG then hes A goose

Ignore that, I thought I was replying to the person you replied to.

Criminally overrating yarran. Had his moments but was nowhere near consistently very good.
Yarran played a variety of roles until he settled as a defender, including outside mid. Still managed to be good for a couple of goals a game between goals an assists, even off HB.

Good attacking player, and in that respect orders of magnitude better than Saad. Saad is quick, and somewhat disciplined. Yarran a much, much better player overall despite his issues as his career progressed.

what do we think of this?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Geelong get ****ed over on that one... Delusiondon get overs for an OOC disgruntled HBF that they’ve just taken a pot shot at on the way out. We do OK but can do better.

Can’t see it though.

Geelong wouldn’t want ESS involved in acquiring #7 - a pick swap with the Blues concludes their involvement and allows them to move on to Cameron. I think they’d want to retain #11 and use that with #7 to snag him.

So it becomes 2 trades:

Cats’ 13 + 18 for Blues’ #7

We end up with #13 & 18. * will want 13. Reckon we ask for the Daniher compo pick (2nd rounder - say 25) to come back or just 18 for Saad.

TLDR: #BigFootyTrades

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yarran played a variety of roles until he settled as a defender, including outside mid. Still managed to be good for a couple of goals a game between goals an assists, even off HB.

Good attacking player, and in that respect orders of magnitude better than Saad. Saad is quick, and somewhat disciplined. Yarran a much, much better player overall despite his issues as his career progressed.

Saad is good, very good but Yaz was sublime.

How could the AFL justify giving * band 1 for Joe and then telling Adelaide they get band 2 for Crouch? The Saints offer will be for more $$$$ and more years, I think the AFL are in a bit of a pickle here, they will want GWS to get band 1 but not the Crows
Daniher is not guaranteed for Band 1, it's based on contract value comparative to the league at their position (and generally, I think?).

If Brisbane isn't throwing around $700k/year or more, he's unlikely to trigger that, and the same is true for Crouch. FWIW, I think both aren't quite worth band 1 under that criteria, depending on how the AFL count incentives.

You'd want a focus on appearances and output instead of base salary for any deal with Daniher.

Even SOS said on SEN last week that going back through the history you rarely pay a top 10 pick for an out of contract HB.
I think we split 7 with Geelong, and offer either 11 on its own, or 18 + a player.
Actually I think what SOS said last week was, on one hand you wouldn’t normally pay a top 10 pick for an OOC half back and on the other hand from * perspective he’s finished top 3 in the BnF the past 3 years......and then he was cut off by Gaz or Timmy.

Late first rounder seems about the right mark to me, we wait and see.

I'm sick of people talking about Pick 7 will be become pick 8 with a NGA bid. Then become Pick 9 if another team bids on Sydney's academy player.

IT DOES NOT AFFECT THE PICK AT ALL!!!

Those players are not available. The same player will be there at Pick 7 regardless.

EDIT: The only thing that will affect the pick is Free Agent compensation.
Finally some one tells it as it is.

Maybe SOS is still doing good work for Carlton - knows Essendon will have to take a pick in the teens, talks up how he thinks 7 is fair, then when we send them Pick 18 we look like winners?

Nah.

Trade Radio, like all radio, will have its run sheet. The hosts have roles to play. They might all think Pick 20 is right, but that doesn't make for a decent headline. So let's go with Pick 7 as the expected price. Bombers fans will love it because they always overrate their own players, and Carlton fans will be in a huff and call up to whinge. And anyone who thinks they're going to get anywhere by calling trade radio is probably going to make an absolute mess of whatever explanation they try to offer, which only makes the fanbase look more ridiculous.

Like the idiot WB fan who called SEN last week to complain about Essendon chasing Dunkley. Said it was unfair that they were trying to get a contracted player. Was asked what he thought about WB trading in Tom Boyd a few years back and sputtered his way to "That was different. It was just different."

The only time Trade Radio becomes relevant is the last 3 days of the trade period when deals start dropping like dominoes. Until then, it's just reality TV without the boobs.

Brilliant. Well articulated.

He was cut down in his prime. Very sad story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back