Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cripps didn't appreciate SOS comments and speculation regarding his future, eager to put pen to paper as he doesn't want it to become a distraction but understands holding off will give us greater flexibility.
Goddam I love Crippa. What a man.

Just did a quick google-reno and saw Ross won the Saints B&F in 2019... such a fall from grace. Was it purely role-related due to the inclusions? Gresh was out of their midfield all year and Hill is outside...

Does anyone watch the Saints have an educated comment on him? The Seb Ross in this video looks like a great inclusion and won't cost much.

But which Ross would you get?

I have always liked Ross but he is an honest toiler who knows who to find it rather than a match winner. To me he would be a nice to have rather than a game changer.

Given 2020 was the first year since 2015 he has averaged less than 26 possessions and he is still only 27 you would have to think it was more of a one off and possibly more a result of the evolution of Gresham and Steele than anything else.

I'll enjoy the look on the faces of the media sheep towing the * line when Saad deal done for a late-first value. More time passes, the more I don't want them to get it out of spite, especially given it looks like they'll be looked after with JD.

God it shits me that the media cannot get enough of kicking us while we're down, but the second * is in disarray, they're on their side and soften the blow at every corner. Can't imagine how much sh*t we would have copped in the early 2000s (glad I wasn't here for it).

Does this mean that we're any clearer on a certain someone signing on and Crippa having clarity around his pay packet?
We were shit in the early 2000s. What would you want them to say?

I’ll repeat what I said a few weeks ago - how can jack stay on the list when his old boy has been throwing out stupid comments about our captain and McGovern. No way that’s good for culture
What a stupid comment. SOS can't stay cause his son's at the club. Now JSOS can't because his father has an opinion. Trade Radio worthy.

What happened to all the reports saying Daniher’s contract from Brisbane was heavily incentivised with triggers on performance and that the compensation formula only considers guaranteed money (around the $600k mark)?

Joke of a system. Brad Crouch is the same, so much manipulation.
My theory, Daniher and Cameron have both threatened to blow up trade/draft/salary cap and AFL have caved to ‘protect the integrity’ of the game

Adelaide and * are threatening to match offers unless they get 1st round compo.

It's (legal) blackmail. If you won't pay enough, we'll force you to hand over picks.

Saints and Brisbane are probably paying just enough to ensure their free agents are actually free (in terms of draft picks).

It's a weird incentive that leads to the AFL paying compensation instead of the incoming clubs.
If compensation exists, I’d like to see set rules that indicate what will be what, instead of the current led plucked from nowhere, then everyone knows.

Now this will be controversial, the compensation is placed, points calculated based on the pick. Then with a discount, (25% like academy??) the club getting the free agent pays that amount with their picks.

It will stop the clubs from just chucking money as they will have to pay something. At the same time get rid of matching & the restricted and unrestricted status of players as well. They are just free agents

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, so our #7 now becomes #8.

I Just don't know how a player who has barely played for 3 years gets a top 10 compo pick

What are essendon being compensated for here?

Lloyd has been great towards us in the media for the past 2-3 seasons. Always defends our list and where it's going when Cornes and others are digging the boots in.
Coincides perfectly with his brother coming to our club. He didn't all of a sudden become a fair adjudicator of all things Carlton. He probably just got the tap on the shoulder and is more respectful to us because he has blood in the game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back