Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick 27 and swap of 2021 first round picks for pick 18 is another option, and potentially more appealing from their perspective.

I'd only take that risk if we were going to trade next year's first anyway.

Not trade related (sorry)
1. Virgin Australia won’t be one of our major sponsors next year. We are actively searching for the next one.
2. Despite the tumultuous year, we will report a break-even profit.

That was always gonna happen (Virgin that is) so I'll be interested in who we get

Can we stop obsessing over draft picks and elite talent. We need mature talent and we’ve had a very good player nominate us. We need to concentrate on bringing in mature agers, not kids. If it takes 7 to get Saad down with something coming back, so be it

Agree - the narrative on here the last couple of years is ' we've done the draft now we need to bring in mature talent'.

How did people expect we were going to do that ? They can't all be free-agents. We generally seemed Ok to give up pick 9 last year for Papley or Martin with something coming back. Not sure Saad is much different especially given we get Williams as free agent.

Essendon want Picks 6, 7 and 8 in the draft because it looks good to have a cluster so they are sweating on a tier one compo pick for Daniher and screwing us down for our Pick 7 for Saad. Meanwhile they are looking to bring in the likes of Caldwell, probably for their Fantasia pick and perhaps looking to throw a future 2nd back at us to get the Saad deal done.

We're not there to help their bottom line look pretty and we need to see what the AFL are doing with these compo picks before we worry about it too much.

If Daniher doesn't get tier one, then Essendon match and the Lions have to trade. Then our 7 and 45 for their 16 and 17 come into play. Bombers get 7 for Daniher and 17 for Saad. We still have a last first rounder to pair with next year's first rounder for a big trade if required.

This is dead in the water. I didn't realise that the AFL have already decided Essendon are getting top compo for Daniher. I would have thought $700k per year would fall short nowadays. They make it up as they go along.

I think Geelong will want our future 3rd instead of 45 with 7 for 13 and 18. The points will be less clear so you can’t tell who won or lost the trade and next years draft will be easier to chose a good kid with our future 3rd round pick.

I'd still look at Geelong for a pick trade but not for splitting #7. Wells has shown himself to not mind grabbing a two for one deal previously. How about 27 and 45 for 18. They come out ahead points wise still. We hand off 18 for Saad which is fair value and we still have 7 to go to the draft with or use for a gun mid.

Genius

Agree - the narrative on here the last couple of years is ' we've done the draft now we need to bring in mature talent'.

How did people expect we were going to do that ? They can't all be free-agents. We generally seemed Ok to give up pick 9 last year for Papley or Martin with something coming back. Not sure Saad is much different especially given we get Williams as free agent.

Getting Williams does not add on to the Saad trade to make it more palatable. Other teams get free agents without having to pay way overs for other players in trades.

We do want some ready to go talent, but we don't want to get screwed in the process. The only reason I'm happy to trade for Saad, is because we need pace off the half back line. If we could find someone else to do that for a more reasonable cost, I'd be okay with that. Then I'd take 7 to the draft for a small/medium forward type or an ex factor type.

People remember Moneyball right?

Imagine things through that lens for a second.

Do you overpay to get a player who is considerably more impactful than the replacement OR walk away, gamble in the draft and do some other smaller deals.

To me, in our position, you want to make a play to jump us into the 8.

Value on the trade table matters less if you are already underpaying your own talent (Cripps, Walsh, C. Curnow, Mckay) because they want to stay

Where are those happy days, they seem so hard to find
I tried to reach for you, but you have closed your mind
Whatever happened to our love?
I wish I understood
It used to be so nice, it used to be so good
So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me
S. O. S.
The love you gave me, nothing else can save me
S. O. S.
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?
to many songwriters on this board!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People remember Moneyball right?

Imagine things through that lens for a second.

Do you overpay to get a player who is considerably more impactful than the replacement OR walk away, gamble in the draft and do some other smaller deals.

To me, in our position, you want to make a play to jump us into the 8.

Value on the trade table matters less if you are already underpaying your own talent (Cripps, Walsh, C. Curnow, Mckay) because they want to stay

I get that BUT, what if the analysis (and I’ve no doubt we’re doing this) says Saad is worth 18 or 38?

We don’t know what factors are being judged.

I'd still look at Geelong for a pick trade but not for splitting #7. Wells has shown himself to not mind grabbing a two for one deal previously. How about 27 and 45 for 18. They come out ahead points wise still. We hand off 18 for Saad which is fair value and we still have 7 to go to the draft with or use for a gun mid.
27 & 45 straight to Essendon.
Boom!

Couple of pick swaps I’ve raised previously.

As an example - Hawthorn give us pick 21 & 59 in exchange for 27 & 45. We move 21 on for Saad.

I've been looking at this and the cats have 11,13,18 & 34.
I would say we would be looking at 13, 18 & 34 for 7 & 27? 18 is still too much for Saad.:(

If we don’t get a late first rounder coming back for 7 and Saad or we can’t do a deal with geelong/briz for 7, walk away.
Simple.
If Austin parts with 7 for Saad, he’ll have lost the majority in one period, regardless of what else falls our way.
7 is for elite talent, Saad is a mid range B-grader.

Saad is an A grade back flanker. Name 10 better?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would phrase it more delicately than that.

I would tell them to **** off.

Would rather us not get Saad than give in to Dumbledoro and Essingtin's unreasonable demands.

They are getting generously compensated for Daniher, Adrian be reasonable, you noodle brained charlatan
I larfed.

Blues will say no..

To be fair, I think the three of them (Riley, Cal, Mitch) said they wouldn’t do that deal if they were Carlton and there would need to be more coming back.

Even Goddard and Lloyd are talking about us splitting 7 or getting something good back...

At this rate SOS might end up being the only one left campaigning for *...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back