Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
We can't even get our forwards to kick 38 goals in a season, let alone a repurposed winger...

he kicked14 this year, 1 more than Betts and I have no doubt Betts got far worse delivery and he would have given off a lot more goal assists...

It has been suspiciously quiet. Feel like this trade period, like most, has a massive move in it that hasn’t yet been spoken about. Seems like the status quo for the high profile types (Oliver, Wines etc.) is to stay dead quiet until there’s at least a chance that the clubs will deal.

Don’t hold your breath if we’re gifting our first rounder to Dodo for Adam Saad

That would depend on how we recruit. We can't keep on trading-in/drafting the same type of players we were hoping some of our draftees would become whist ignoring our other needs or ignoring pure talent. Dow was the new SPS, Walsh was the new Dow and so on... Walsh is great but is 'perhaps not the midfield bull we need'; it just keeps going on and on... I'd trade one of the former two (as well as O'Brien) before I gave away a first round draft pick, put it that way.

o_O

You feeling OK?

If it were a Menegola type I’d agree. If it were Dunstan then they may as well pack their bags
No. I don't agree. Dunstan goes alright. Big bodied mid. Gives Dow and Stocker another year. This year wasn't friendly to our younger kids trying to break into the team.

If it's Dunstan and he costs very little, I think it's a good move.

If we get anyone from the Saints I hope it’s Brad Hill. Hasn’t really fit in with their style of play. We could exchange some players and help both clubs out.

Doesn't fit in a with a fast ball movement game plan ... go figure.

If we trade 7 for saad we should be looking to try and trade back into the first round. Cos otherwise we won’t be able to trade 2 firsts next year when Oliver nominates Us officially

No. I don't agree. Dunstan goes alright. Big bodied mid. Gives Dow and Stocker another year. This year wasn't friendly to our younger kids trying to break into the team.

If it's Dunstan and he costs very little, I think it's a good move.
Agree that it was a tough year for our youngsters, no chance I’m agreeing to a C grader coming in to play mid though...

Cats would want a late first, early second for Menegola.

#8, #27 and #45 for Menegola, #15 and #37 works for me. Bombers get #15 for Saad.

We get another B+ midfielder, get Saad and retain next year's 1st rounder in a stronger draft, and enter the draft at #37.

In effect we give up our first rounder, our third rounder and downgrade our second rounder to get Menegola and Saad through the door. I'd do it.

Since when is Saad worth more then Manegola? I’m definitely missing something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Including Williams and Gibbons upgrade to the senior list - and assuming lists become 38-4, we are currently at 36 on the senior list with Polson, Kennedy and Macreadie uncontracted.

Considering we must take two draft picks minimum (+ Gibbons upgrade), we will need to move players out to fit Saad in, let alone another player.

Get a feeling Macreadie is kept for depth, while Pols and Kennedy move on. Can't see us taking a Dunstan or similar type unless we trade Kennedy and SOS.

I’m not sure C graders exist. They’re delisted pretty quick.
Lists can’t carry them.

Well all the D-grading comments probs weigh 'em down
And they just
D- flate.

Ok, So he was around 21 at the time of the trade, but no one would of labelled him "talented".. The talent was seen, and arrived much much later. Maybe theres a lesson there when we think of handling Paddy Dow in a similar manner.

Agree on the lesson, give Dow and O’Brien another year minimum, Sydney obviously saw talent though, otherwise they wouldn’t have picked him.

Since when is Saad worth more then Manegola? I’m definitely missing something.

Age really. Menegola is 28. He was also a late bloomer so doesn't have the consistency of Saad. Cats fans suggest a late first, early second is his value right now.

Nick Austin saying saad and Williams were our main priority and that’s where our focus was. i have conceded we won’t get oliver. I believe he has told us he wants to come but we don’t have the trade capital imo and melbs won’t let him go without replacing him with another quality player

I think we have trade capital, but I doubt Demons release him

Don’t hold your breath if we’re gifting our first rounder to Dodo for Adam Saad
If we’re doing that Austin can hand in his keys. You don’t give low first round picks for uncontracted back flankers.

Unsure why this notion of our current first for Saad is rationalised/normalised. Only Essendon think that’s reasonable. The rest of the world knows it’s overs and won’t happen.

Menegola will be 29 before the start of next season

Personally, Id rather split 8 and 28 into 15 and 18 and come away with Saad and Jed Anderson.

Jed adds some much needed midfield toughness while at the same time not compensating for agility.

What makes you think it’s different? He was down the pecking order at the Hawks and they didn’t see a spot for him going forward.

Well, he was a FS, not a 1st rounder. Swans offered him a 3 year deal, and he requested a trade. He couldn't fit in at the Hawks, because they already had quite a few slower inside (premiership winning) mids.
The Carlton equivalent for Kennedy would be Jack (or arguably Kennedy). Not a Dow/LO'B/Samo/Stocker.

They also traded him for pick #39, which they used on Sam Grimley, who managed 3 games for the Hawks, and then 4 for *

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back