Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Menegola will be 29 before the start of next season

Personally, Id rather split 8 and 28 into 15 and 18 and come away with Saad and Jed Anderson.

Jed adds some much needed midfield toughness while at the same time not compensating for agility.
Menegola doesn't have that many miles on the clock though...I'd back him to give three strong years at a minimum.

He's an immediate upgrade at wing and could play off either arc or in the middle. Not sure Anderson has that versatility.

If this is in relation to Williams, we can’t have front loaded his contract. As a RFA his contract has to be the same payment amount for the life of the contract. I suspect we have in fact paid more then originally speculated on here
Not so sure about this. Isn't the figure just averaged out for matching purposes?

Where are you getting that information from?
I could have swore I read an article stating that about 2 weeks ago, when it was talked about Essendon quite possible matching Brisbane’s Daniher bid. I’m thinking I’m wrong or misunderstood based on the general consensus though. I’ll see if I can find it

Huge difference in age and trade value
Exactly. What does that say about them as a player? Don't get me wrong I like both but I want the blues poaching guns rather that fringe ok players we hope fulfill their potential.

I could have swore I read an article stating that about 2 weeks ago, when it was talked about Essendon quite possible matching Brisbane’s Daniher bid. I’m thinking I’m wrong or misunderstood based on the general consensus though. I’ll see if I can find it
Yes incorrect

Pankaj

You can structure in your salary cap however you want to pay the player but when it comes to RFA, the amount is averaged over the years. This is done so that clubs can’t extremely front end a contract knowing that the other club can’t match due to to tight cap the next year. Just a fairer way of doing it so clubs can’t manipulate the system to stop the existing club having an ability to match.

So he's not really a good example of what we're talking about.

If the club don’t think there is a spot for Dow or O’Brien in the seniors in 2021 then I think it’s a spot on example, it also shows that there can be win win scenarios, my Hawks mates were never that fussed that he turned in to a fantastic player, because they were a great side, Kennedy had a great career, got opportunities and a premiership.

Exactly. What does that say about them as a player? Don't get me wrong I like both but I want the blues poaching guns rather that fringe ok players we hope fulfill their potential.

Fulfill their potential? Both have clearly shown they are capable to be best 22 in in most if not every side

Just comes down to cost

You can structure in your salary cap however you want to pay the player but when it comes to RFA, the amount is averaged over the years. This is done so that clubs can’t extremely front end a contract knowing that the other club can’t match due to to tight cap the next year. Just a fairer way of doing it so clubs can’t manipulate the system to stop the existing club having an ability to match.
Fair fair. My mistake, cheers for clarifying. Carry on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will find that you just misinterpreted it, for matching purposes the contract $$$$ is averaged over the duration, so the Giants only have to match the $$$$ and length and not how much in any particular year.
When he gets to the Cats, they can pay him anyway in which they agree.

Fulfill their potential? Both have clearly shown they are capable to be best 22 in in most if not every side

Just comes down to cost
True, one team is in the middle of a fire sale , the other would not not want to lose the player.

I think you will find that you just misinterpreted it, for matching purposes the contract $$$$ is averaged over the duration, so the Giants only have to match the $$$$ and length and not how much in any particular year.
When he gets to the Cats, they can pay him anyway in which they agree.
Yeah I must have. I can’t find the article now but I obviously misinterpreted as you said

* geelong
We made them look like amateurs for 3 1/2 quarters on their shitty thin home deck and the game will be at the G next time,
10 goal pumping coming up for them!👍
Saad, Williams, Martin, Curnow, carve ‘em up citeh!❤🤛

Fair enough you didn't, but they (along with Samo) have been the players that posters have been discussing trading out
You don’t trade Sam Petrevski Seton, he is fully invested, he wants to take the Cup home to Halls Creek, yep, sure, he’ll make that happen on the way from Crippas farm first!🤛👍

I’m not sure C graders exist. They’re delisted pretty quick.
Lists can’t carry them.
“C grade” is a pass (though mediocre and not comprehensive). I would’ve thought someone calling themselves “Passmark” would understand what a passmark is. D graders don’t last long, guys like Dunstan who are fringe best 22 and have managed to hang around for 7 years are C grade.

No. I don't agree. Dunstan goes alright. Big bodied mid. Gives Dow and Stocker another year. This year wasn't friendly to our younger kids trying to break into the team.

If it's Dunstan and he costs very little, I think it's a good move.
Dow and Stocker are the two I’m really keen to see next year. Dow had an injury riddled year and Stocker clearly had a tough year personally. Both of them clearly have some things to work on, but there is big upside for both of them still. They need to really want it to reach their potential, but both have quality AFL attributes we need. I’m really hoping for a big preseason from both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back