Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dreamt last night that Oliver had genuinely bought into what Carlton was building and was willing to take unders in term of salary.

My footy dreams have come true before. Still waiting on the one where I kick the winning goal in a Carlton premiership, though...
There's still time Zac. You only just got here.

Look forward not back.

Treloar is nearly 29 years old and has started missing games with soft tissue (old man) injuries.

These generally get worse over time - and he is on $900K for 5 more years.

I definitely would not sign him without a significant contract renegotiation.

Big red warning lights flashing for me.

TBF, he's 27 and a half. Lets not make him older than what he is to suit your narrative. I have already suggested that if we were to approach Treloar, we should renegotiate his contract and have Collingwood pay 300K per season at least to lesson the club's exposure.

Agree.

He held firm at Dogs last year and didn’t pay more than he needed to for Keath & Bruce.

Sam Power is the Dogs List Manager. Was Nick Austin doing the negotiating?

Sam Power is the Dogs List Manager. Was Nick Austin doing the negotiating?

No. And interestingly there were 3 trades during his tenure at the Tiges.

TBF, he's 27 and a half. Lets not make him older than what he is to suit your narrative. I have already suggested that if we were to approach Treloar, we should renegotiate his contract and have Collingwood pay 300K per season at least to lesson the club's exposure.

I look a it from the time the season kicks off, in which case he'll be 28 and close that figure off at the end of the season.
i.e. He's playing the season as a 28 year old.

Naw. It'll take a week.

Thursday night we'll hit the 10K mark. Then again, it's virtually the only thread we have going.
Opposition supporters would most likely go to our List Management thread and wonder why there's so little interest and activity from Blues supporters. :)

If memory serves me, Niall had a full article posted on the Age about Teague getting the job. A long, detailed article, not something he whipped up in a few minutes. There was a Teague back story, how it came to be that he went from assistant at other clubs before coming home, taking the reigns as caretaker coach and finally getting the big job.

Minutes beforehand Ralph, Little Tommy Brown and others were on live tv running with Teague being unlikely and it confident it would be another couple of weeks before a decision was made.

We definitely have some kind of relationship with Jake. He’s a good journo and seems to be more old school in his workings; take the time, get the detail, get it right, publish it long-format.
He speaks regularly with Sos & Teague.
Niall is an old fashioned newsbreaker, rather than a rumour mongering, comment piece merchant like many others in the press.

New coach, delisted 11 players, lots of cap space, the whole club is changing. North may out of nowhere decide to offer him a massive contract, but I doubt Saad would take it.

Even SOS said on TR clubs would be very hesitant to take a player they hadn't conducted a medical on. Especially at board level.
If Dodo gets out of fantasy land and puts up a fair trade for Saad, then we can talk. Otherwise we'll take our chances at the PSD.

So coming back twice means he's done it twice does it not? Meaning it's an issue does it not?

Not sure anyone has shied away from the fact he has had a few injuries. That doesn't necessarily mean it is an ongoing issue to the extent that some will have you believe.

The medical staff will do their due diligence, if they are comfortable, I reckon I'll side with them rather than some posters on BF who have no insight into the specifics.

I reckon its the combination of all 3 J.
Length of contract, the $$$$ associated with that contract, and his hamstrings.
Add up all of those 3, and its just too big a risk. And he's going to be 28 before round 1 next year.

There is an element of risk there for sure. Nobody has suggested otherwise.

But there is a tipping point where the risk becomes well and truly worth taking, and for mine that largely revolves around how much $ we'll need to pay and therefore what sort of pick we'll need to give.

I will put it this way then...

I would be shocked, if the club invested in a 28 year old, with 5 years to run on a back ended contract, with what now seems to be the start of ongoing soft tissue injuries

Well yeah, I'd be surprised too. Hence why I said from the outset that I can't see it happening.

He speaks regularly with Sos & Teague.
Niall is an old fashioned newsbreaker, rather than a rumour mongering, comment piece merchant like many others in the press.

Has the respect of more than Carlton. Handled and broke the Rhyce Shaw story with so much dignity and respect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit a scared to take him in the draft, although no other club should theoretically take him.
Where’s your sense of theatre Ash? With that mindset there is no leverage. Personally take him to the national draft if the deal isn’t on our terms.

I had a dream last night that my wife gave birth, and the baby looked exactly like Saad, then Saad comes into the hospital and the doc was like, "it's his baby".

Now I don't want him.

It needs to be 2-3 days max.. the way it is now, it just seems like they screw around for a week.

It's not that long though, at 7 days.
For us it all seems easy enough to just flip players and picks around, but it's really not as clubs need to get a handle of the landscape across 17 other teams.

I know things can and are done before seasons end, but it's really not until that seasons end, that things can start to progress in any meaningful way.
The best teams get all their ducks in a row, engage and manoeuvre with the clubs they're dealing with in order to optimise the trades their negotiating.

I don't think it's too long at all given all that has to be done and for dominoes to start falling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back