Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost identical I would think to contact tracing, except that I’d rather have a fresh vaccine in my flesh than a fresh gov app in my phone...:think: but hey, “why not both?”

I won’t be volunteering to get it. If push came to shove and it was somewhat ‘mandatory’, I wouldn’t kick up a fuss to receive it.

iu

I will hang back for a while and watch

I want to say no, but not because of some anti vaxxer sh*t. I'm just terrified of needles. What happened to that needle-less one I saw on the news a few months back? :(

i hate needles too but I will suck it up - when I got my flu shot this year I made the chemist give me multiple easter eggs after for being a good boi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to say no, but not because of some anti vaxxer sh*t. I'm just terrified of needles. What happened to that needle-less one I saw on the news a few months back? :(
I hate needles as well, but will suck it up. Whenever there's needles on any TV show or movie I look away. Sure they could be cutting someone open and there's blood and organs and it's meh. The little needle to put them under though....

Same s**t for myself. Outside the pain and annoyance, cut myself and bleed and it's meh. Have to get a shot and I feel faint. Just thinking about the needle going into a vein makes me shudder. So still annoyed they haven't perfected cheap needleless syringes for both injections and blood extractions as of yet, but will get the vaccine as soon as able. Hopefully they issue a 'Vaccine passport' of some sort, so once everyone should have been vaccinated, we can keep the anti-vaxxers at bay unless/until the virus is so close to zero their idiocy won't matter.

I hate needles as well, but will suck it up. Whenever there's needles on any TV show or movie I look away. Sure they could be cutting someone open and there's blood and organs and it's meh. The little needle to put them under though....

Same sh*t for myself. Outside the pain and annoyance, cut myself and bleed and it's meh. Have to get a shot and I feel faint. Just thinking about the needle going into a vein makes me shudder. So still annoyed they haven't perfected cheap needleless syringes for both injections and blood extractions as of yet, but will get the vaccine as soon as able. Hopefully they issue a 'Vaccine passport' of some sort, so once everyone should have been vaccinated, we can keep the anti-vaxxers at bay unless/until the virus is so close to zero their idiocy won't matter.

Yeah I am totally the same - apparently it is very common amongst men - especially the super masculine types that regularly bang 10s

Out of interest does everyone here get the flu shot?

Never have, never had the flu. Mark it down is luck but ill be sticking with the same attitude with this vaccine too for now. Certainly not rushing in to be first for a rushed roll out...

If youre healthy, your immune system does a good job. If its mandated for travel, different story.

I'm not anti-vax by any means, but I do have my concerns about a fast-tracked vaccine when vaccines can take up to 10 years to properly and safely be created and administered. I will eventually get one, especially if it's a travel requirement, but I'd prefer to wait and see if there any complications first with the first ones to get it. That probably won't be in the next year which makes me an utter *****.

Out of interest does everyone here get the flu shot?

Never have, never had the flu. Mark it down is luck but ill be sticking with the same attitude with this vaccine too for now. Certainly not rushing in to be first for a rushed roll out...

If youre healthy, your immune system does a good job. If its mandated for travel, different story.
Ive never had the flu shot yet but have had lots of vaccinations for travel
Even took malaria tablets before,during and after travel

The immune system is not going to save you from lots of things

On the needle thing, typical vaxx injections feel like nothing, you barely even notice, but I can understand phobia over getting blood taken though, as it lingers, usually a more delicate region, bloodiness (inc. watching it fill vials) and maybe survival instinct kicking in a bit more as well. You’re never completely relaxed about it.

Last edited:
Ive never had the flu shot yet but have had lots of vaccinations for travel
Even took malaria tablets before,during and after travel

The immune system is not going to save you from lots of things
I had 3 vaccinations to go to Brazil but I also dont put covid down as something i need to worry about for my age group. Not fussed to take it unless its mandated tbh

Back