Poll: Will you willingly get a Covid vaccine in the next year or so?

Will you willingly get a covid vaccine in the next year or so?

• Yes

Votes: 246 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 129 34.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Spitty_the_alpaca

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
1605872144809.png

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The world health organization have said over 750 million people have contracted this strain of corona virus. They have stated that it has death rate of 0.13 percent. Of those 93 percent had 2 or more serious illnesses (diabetes, heart disease cancer ect)

For those of you worried about it being mandatory, it can't be, based on those statistics from the world health organization.

Those who have to travel work, are a different story. It's like many other vaccinations required when you travel overseas. However there is a stock market game going on between various companies trying to make a vaccine for corona virus, when they haven't been able to for decades, as a result of how many and quickly different strains develop. All corona virus testing failed at animal testing stage. Which has been skipped now.

These companies involved in the stock market game all have history of fraud and criminal activity. A very distinct culture that is easily researched. They have paid governments to withold effective treatments for things like cancer, to maximise their profits, just one example.

We all All want to visit our oldies, we all don't want to be the one that passes on a strain of corona virus that finishes them off or makes them really sick. We need to travel, we want to travel, we have been encouraged to travel, it's an important part of our economy and our lifestyle. And general well being. When you travel, you're feeding someone else's family, allowing them to buy school Books and uniforms for thier kids, pay for thier daughters wedding ect.

Looking at the issues from both sides, you can't find fault with either. Both sides and including those of us in the middle, have valid points and nobody a winner. We are all Losers, especially when we fight amongst ourself's. Especially with those labeling people wary Of the issues involved.

The world health organization have said over 750 million people have contracted this strain of corona virus. They have stated that it has death rate of 0.13 percent. Of those 93 percent had 2 or more serious illnesses (diabetes, heart disease cancer ect)

For those of you worried about it being mandatory, it can't be, based on those statistics from the world health organization.

Those who have to travel work, are a different story. It's like many other vaccinations required when you travel overseas. However there is a stock market game going on between various companies trying to make a vaccine for corona virus, when they haven't been able to for decades, as a result of how many and quickly different strains develop. All corona virus testing failed at animal testing stage. Which has been skipped now.

These companies involved in the stock market game all have history of fraud and criminal activity. A very distinct culture that is easily researched. They have paid governments to withold effective treatments for things like cancer, to maximise their profits, just one example.

We all All want to visit our oldies, we all don't want to be the one that passes on a strain of corona virus that finishes them off or makes them really sick. We need to travel, we want to travel, we have been encouraged to travel, it's an important part of our economy and our lifestyle. And general well being. When you travel, you're feeding someone else's family, allowing them to buy school Books and uniforms for thier kids, pay for thier daughters wedding ect.

Looking at the issues from both sides, you can't find fault with either. Both sides and including those of us in the middle, have valid points and nobody a winner. We are all Losers, especially when we fight amongst ourself's. Especially with those labeling people wary Of the issues involved.
Where'd you get 750 million from? The stats say there's 56.6~ million confirmed so far, way off 750 million

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Where'd you get 750 million from? The stats say there's 56.6~ million confirmed so far, way off 750 million

Can you read? , I stated the world health orginization.

There's probably no point going on with you. With the way you've reacted here, asking a question I've already provided the answer to.

You're reading the commercial media, who have the same board members as pharmaceutical companies. They are giving you the stats of people tested. The world health organisation have released models of how they hypothisise the virus has spread, based on models from previous corona viruses, Sars and such
Most people who contract this virus show no symptoms at all, never get tested, unless thier work requires them, or contact tracers. They go on, living with the virus and it never bothers them. This estimate was a month ago, so, the numbers would be higher now.

It's as contagious as all Corona virus, they spread rapidly, especially in cOlder climates, high population density and poor air quality. The world health orginization know what they're talking about.

If you have damaged immune system and issues with a major organ, we'll, you get sick. As with all corona viruses and flu. But well over 90 percent of those infected, don't get sick. But they can spread, if they don't follow hygene and social distancing measures in doors, public transport ect.

The media like to stir you up, keep you in fear, put on a show. There is so much science about what the media do.

Who really wants grandma over for Christmas and give her a common cold that ends her.. Not kill her, but bring on other issues? That ends her. I don't.

Naturally I'm gonna want peace of mind but determining who is a snake oil salesman and who really cares, the media are not going to help you. They make lots of money out of snake oil salesman.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Sorry, my apologies, before putting my two bobs worth In Jimmy, i should of provided some link or reference you won't find on home and away.

Can you read? , I stated the world health orginization.

There's probably no point going on with you. With the way you've reacted here, asking a question I've already provided the answer to.

You're reading the commercial media, who have the same board members as pharmaceutical companies. They are giving you the stats of people tested. The world health organisation have released models of how they hypothisise the virus has spread, based on models from previous corona viruses, Sars and such
Most people who contract this virus show no symptoms at all, never get tested, unless thier work requires them, or contact tracers. They go on, living with the virus and it never bothers them. This estimate was a month ago, so, the numbers would be higher now.

It's as contagious as all Corona virus, they spread rapidly, especially in cOlder climates, high population density and poor air quality. The world health orginization know what they're talking about.

If you have damaged immune system and issues with a major organ, we'll, you get sick. As with all corona viruses and flu. But well over 90 percent of those infected, don't get sick. But they can spread, if they don't follow hygene and social distancing measures in doors, public transport ect.

The media like to stir you up, keep you in fear, put on a show. There is so much science about what the media do.

Who really wants grandma over for Christmas and give her a common cold that ends her.. Not kill her, but bring on other issues? That ends her. I don't.

Naturally I'm gonna want peace of mind but determining who is a snake oil salesman and who really cares, the media are not going to help you. They make lots of money out of snake oil salesman.
Settle down, mate.. no need to be so ******* hostile. I know you said the WHO, however their confirmed cases are 56.6 million, not 750 million; I asked where you got that number from as you never said it was an estimate from WHO of how many have had it in total.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Sorry, my apologies, before putting my two bobs worth In Jimmy, i should of provided some link or reference you won't find on home and away.

WorldNetDaily (WND) is an American news and opinion website and online news aggregator which has been described as "fringe" and far-right as well as politically conservative.
The website is known for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sign me up. I would be the first if they offered it to me (but I won't be anywhere near first). Call me reckless, but I believe the danger of a virus vaccine doing me some sort of harm is f*** all. What's it going to do to me?
How old are you?

Id seriously suggest the complications chance % from a rushed vaccine is more likely than covid itself if you are otherwise healthy and under 40. Why the hysteria...

Last edited:

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Those who have to travel work, are a different story. It's like many other vaccinations required when you travel overseas. However there is a stock market game goingto,s
Settle down, mate.. no need to be so ******* hostile. I know you said the WHO, however their confirmed cases are 56.6 million, not 750 million; I asked where you got that number from as you never said it was an estimate from WHO of how many have had it in total.
WorldNetDaily (WND) is an American news and opinion website and online news aggregator which has been described as "fringe" and far-right as well as politically conservative.
The website is known for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories.
Is the report they quote bullshit?

That link has been on various social Media, fact checked as well and still stands.

You Obviously have problems.

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
How old are you?

Id seriously suggest the complications chance % from a rushed vaccine is probably more likely than covid itself if you are otherwise healthy and under 40. Why the hysteria...

Rather than rushed, you could alternatively argue it’s the most scrutinized vaccine ever.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rather than rushed, you could alternatively argue it’s the most scrutinized vaccine ever.
They're skipping regular steps of testing and get immunity against fatal side effects, of which there have been a few in the minimal testing they have done. Dont have to pay you a cent if it causes you to lose an arm, eye or gives you serious ailments

Sure theres some scrutiny on social media but nothing of any importance to developers. Hardly confidence building when thinking critically but as we know, that skill died in March...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
They're skipping regular steps of testing and get immunity against fatal side effects, of which there have been a few in the minimal testing they have done. Dont have to pay you a cent if it causes you to lose an arm, eye or gives you serious ailments

Sure theres some scrutiny on social media but nothing of any importance to developers. Hardly confidence building when thinking critically but as we know, that skill died in March...
Theres lots of known and unknown side effects of CV19 too

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Theres lots of known and unknown side effects of CV19 too
The 2-3 stories of serious, ongoing problems for young healthy people are not justification for fear

They are statistical outliers which will happen after the vaccine too. Outliers are also not worth planning life around. Getting struck by lightening is as much chance, no one is scared of that.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
The 2-3 stories of serious, ongoing problems for young healthy people are not justification for fear

They are statistical outliers which will happen after the vaccine too. Outliers are also not worth planning life around. Getting struck by lightening is as much chance, no one is scared of that.
2 or 3 wouldnt but many more would

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Given that it will be a prerequisite for all types of freedoms that we enjoyed in 2019, I'll take one for the team. As a bonus, who doesn't love free microchips?

I'd have the jab today if I could enjoy a nice international holiday over xmas.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Given that it will be a prerequisite for all types of freedoms that we enjoyed in 2019, I'll take one for the team. As a bonus, who doesn't love free microchips?

I'd have the jab today if I could enjoy a nice international holiday over xmas.
Crowds would be down at all the attractions in major destinations

Might wait a year to see what happens before I get ready to travel though

Most "tourist" places will be devastated everyone would have packed up and gone home

There will be waiting lists for jabs you would think
Elderly and medical staff first
then work their way down to wannabe travellers

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Crowds would be down at all the attractions in major destinations

Might wait a year to see what happens before I get ready to travel though

Most "tourist" places will be devastated everyone would have packed up and gone home

There will be waiting lists for jabs you would think
Elderly and medical staff first
then work their way down to wannabe travellers
I'm optimistically targeting mid 2021 for international travel with cheap offerings to lure in tourist dollars without the large crowds. I'll take the risk of a jab for that.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Out of interest does everyone here get the flu shot?

Never have, never had the flu. Mark it down is luck but ill be sticking with the same attitude with this vaccine too for now. Certainly not rushing in to be first for a rushed roll out...

If youre healthy, your immune system does a good job. If its mandated for travel, different story.

Never had a flu shot, have worked with plenty of people that do get it and then get sick. Had plenty of vaccinations for travel / Navy, even part of a Hep C (maybe Hep B, can't quite remember) trial that was conducted while I was in the Navy that ran for a couple of years. Used to take the Malaria medication even though it used to make heaps of my shipmates sick, I never had any adverse affects from it. Had all the innoculations that were available at the time I was in school in the 70s and 80s. I had the measles, german measles and mumps, I've never had chicken pox.

For some reason, I don't trust what's going on with this one but whether or not the government mandates taking it, due to the nature of my work, fifo out of Victoria to WA, I know that either the airlines will say it's a prerequisite to fly or my employer will say you can't come to site without it, so I'll no doubt be getting it. I won't be rushing out to do it off my own bat though.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Never had a flu shot, have worked with plenty of people that do get it and then get sick. Had plenty of vaccinations for travel / Navy, even part of a Hep C (maybe Hep B, can't quite remember) trial that was conducted while I was in the Navy that ran for a couple of years. Used to take the Malaria medication even though it used to make heaps of my shipmates sick, I never had any adverse affects from it. Had all the innoculations that were available at the time I was in school in the 70s and 80s. I had the measles, german measles and mumps, I've never had chicken pox.

For some reason, I don't trust what's going on with this one but whether or not the government mandates taking it, due to the nature of my work, fifo out of Victoria to WA, I know that either the airlines will say it's a prerequisite to fly or my employer will say you can't come to site without it, so I'll no doubt be getting it. I won't be rushing out to do it off my own bat though.
The hysteria about covid is absolutely mental when you look at the raw data. A "case" isnt scary when most dont know they have it. Im not remotely bothered about covid hurting me therefore the vaccine is at least as risky as covid itself to me. Take the fact theyre skipping testing phases and companies get immunity against fatal side effects. No bueno. Not for me

If its a mandate to travel, i reassess but thats the only thing for me. I dont need it. Healthy 30 year old isnt in danger despite MANY healthy 30 year olds shitting themselves because 7 news told them to

Fwiw i would absolutely sign a waiver keeping me from taking a ventilator if the world opened and i could go back to 2019 normal. Full stadium crowds, open borders, no restrictions of any kind etc. Obviously that isnt feasible but thats my fear levels personally. Could not be less bothered. I do wonder how many have that frame of mind, i used to think that was the majority but i think the fear campaigns and constant extremist media has flipped people after 8 months of this s**t

Back