Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

If they are serious, they could potentially dominate this year. We used to somewhat struggle (or not care for) playing interstate and in front of a hostile crowd, but now we've won a Premiership on the back of those two conditions. So, if we still are motivated, it means that we can basically play anywhere and in multiple conditions. Interesting to see if Miller debuts this season

The club seems to have promoted Miller more in 2020. He sounded close to selection, but our talls stayed fit (Sodlo excepted). It'll be really interesting to see what happens with him. He has amazing tools - athleticism particularly. Maybe rest JR a bit and see how he goes at AFL level.

Although if Chol could amp up his physicality it's all over red rover. Chol is genuinely a top end potential talent. If he had Tom Lynch's mentality he'd be a star by now. That is a seriously major case of white line fever.

1611267065963.png

It is a strange feeling isn't it. I genuinely believe that if we get a favourable run with injuries this season, which we haven't had for the last two, we may just be very hard to stop.

It's all about the hunger. If our guys still have it, then we'll be right there at the pointy end.
I think the possibility of playing back at the MCG in front of massive crowds would be a strong motivator.

Are we all excited for the coming season? I can't wait personally. Premiership or not I'm really enjoying watching the kids develop and I have a gut feel that a few of our kids are going to really step up this year.

It's honestly still an odd feeling, being optimistic about Richmond. Never would have imagined we'd be in this position.
Can't wait for the vfl to start up again.
Missed seeing the Cubs last year.

The club seems to have promoted Miller more in 2020. He sounded close to selection, but our talls stayed fit (Sodlo excepted). It'll be really interesting to see what happens with him. He has amazing tools - athleticism particularly. Maybe rest JR a bit and see how he goes at AFL level.

Although if Chol could amp up his physicality it's all over red rover. Chol is genuinely a top end potential talent. If he had Tom Lynch's mentality he'd be a star by now. That is a seriously major case of white line fever.

View attachment 1044139
Chol won’t make it. He has a pea heart.

True...but I’ve not seen that before...it was Posted recent on the tigers Insta

yeh i only know cause i work for bonds haha

its at least a year old, i think more

Ross for sure. Stack I'm hoping has a blinder. I want to see some of Martyn. My boy Shorty I feel could overtake Houli.

I've felt a bit weird referring to this period as a dynasty... Not that I don't think we deserve it. I can't really explain it, but if we threepeat then I won't have any issues at all.
If Dimma finished his stint at Richmond and has one, drought beaker flag that's a huge success. 3 is history making. More than that, in comparisons with the greatest clubs of all time. We are perfectly positioned list wise, just a matter of keeping the hunger.

View attachment 1044139
Exactly. Liked the look of Miller when drafted but I don’t really know much about him ever since. I’ll back the club as he looks like he’ll be able to break into our side this year if there are any KPP injuries.

As for Chol, yeah needs that bit of confidence because he does have ability, which is the main thing. He gets to the right places and is one of our best kicks. Love his kicking for goal and inside 50 because he’ll often hit his target. He just needs some confidence and some strength behind his marks because those two things let him down the most in my opinion.

Definitely worth keeping on our list

Exactly. Liked the look of Miller when drafted but I don’t really know much about him ever since. I’ll back the club as he looks like he’ll be able to break into our side this year if there are any KPP injuries.

As for Chol, yeah needs that bit of confidence because he does have ability, which is the main thing. He gets to the right places and is one of our best kicks. Love his kicking for goal and inside 50 because he’ll often hit his target. He just needs some confidence and some strength behind his marks because those two things let him down the most in my opinion.

Definitely worth keeping on our list
Make or break for Chol this year with list spots at a premium.
Not sure how you can take the softness out of his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why are all our boys on holidays but other clubs are training ? we are gonna be sh*t as in early season
We never lose to same side twice in a season.
0-11
11-0
4-0(finals)

Make or break for Chol this year with list spots at a premium.
Not sure how you can take the softness out of his game.
Chol's 2020 was after boot camp in W'bool all summer and that got him picked ahead of CCJ. He had a couple of good games (vs North) and is capable of slick clever football. A very nice set shot too. But there's not an ounce of hardness to his game. Astbury rucked better. This year he's in competition with Miller, CCJ in 5 weeks, Caddy, Nyoun, Ryan I don't see him playing.
In hindsight, we blew it not getting games into CCJ.

Yeh Chol won't make it for mine. Some have the hunger for the contest, some don't. At 200cm 90+kg, it's essential for that forward/ruck role that he's willing to crash some contests and jump into people. He's never looked comfortable doing that, I think he likes it when it's a bit easier and you don't get that at AFL level competing against the best in the sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back