Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the concept, but I can see it could be rotted. I'm still an advocate for a bigger bench more rotations.
Fit not tired players = faster game less likely good of injury.

Well rorting could be an issue but you could put checks in place,

The issue appears to be that they want to introduce a process to support a stricter management of players with concussion while doing 2 things; 1. Limit impact on affected team by adding a sub for concussion cases only & 2. Making itconcussion cases only to limit impact on other areas of the game

essentially isolating the issue

I think it’s good with mitigation’s in place to manage rorting

Because no one is suing the AFL for ACLs

People have though.

Shaun Rehn.

There have been other players who sued the AFL over the state of grounds that lead to injuries.

People have though.

Shaun Rehn.

There have been other players who sued the AFL over the state of grounds that lead to injuries.
Maybe Joe Misiti?
Or maybe his case was against the mcc for the hard cricket wicket he did a knee on.
It was a long time ago so maybe I’ve got it wrong??

Maybe Joe Misiti?
Or maybe his case was against the mcc for the hard cricket wicket he did a knee on.

Wasn't there something about his foot getting stuck when choppy busted his jaw?

Maybe Joe Misiti?

Sydney bloke who broke his leg did I think, Jamie Lawson?

Pretty sure a Carlton player did too.

Hey The_Wookie you're the go to guy on this stuff - legal cases against the AFL for injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before the marketers & coaches killed the game.
I kind of understand the coaches. I mean the good ones that push every angle to WIN. Even though they help to create the constant rule changes which has been a bloody merry go round for the last 20 years. But the marketers, the hangers on, the leaches and the grandstanders can all get f***ed

I kind of understand the coaches. I mean the good ones that push every angle to WIN. Even though they help to create the constant rule changes which has been a bloody merry go round for the last 20 years. But the marketers, the hangers on, the leaches and the grandstanders can all get f***ed

Ironic thing of course being this is the area in which we've consistently led the way over decades, and which has probably saved us from being South or Fitzroy.

Sydney bloke who broke his leg did I think, Jamie Lawson?

Pretty sure a Carlton player did too.

Hey The_Wookie you're the go to guy on this stuff - legal cases against the AFL for injuries.

Offhand
  • In 2000 former Blue Luke O’Sullivan settled out of court with his old club and the AFL over a knee injury at Waverley Park that ended his playing career.
  • Former Adelaide ruckman Shaun Rehn sued the AFL, SANFL and Adelaide Crows over an injury sustained in a 1999 preseason match.
  • Jamie Lawson
  • Former Eagle Trent Cummings sued West Coast, the AFL and the WAFC over his knee injury in 1998
  • Former Docker Clem Michael was going to sue Fremantle but Im not sure if he ever did.

Offhand
  • In 2000 former Blue Luke O’Sullivan settled out of court with his old club and the AFL over a knee injury at Waverley Park that ended his playing career.
  • Former Adelaide ruckman Shaun Rehn sued the AFL, SANFL and Adelaide Crows over an injury sustained in a 1999 preseason match.
  • Jamie Lawson
  • Former Eagle Trent Cummings sued West Coast, the AFL and the WAFC over his knee injury in 1998
  • Former Docker Clem Michael was going to sue Fremantle but Im not sure if he ever did.

Brilliant, thanks mate - Rhino O'Sullivan, it was going to torment me for days!

If we’re looking for real positives, we need to look no further than our present financial position. Who would have thought that we could exit out of 2020 so lowly on the table and, actually, be able to face finishing stone, motherless last in 2021, without everyone calling for our demise?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we’re looking for real positives, we need to look no further than our present financial position. Who would have thought that we could exit out of 2020 so lowly on the table and, actually, be able to face finishing stone, motherless last in 2021, without everyone calling for our demise?

Even the wicked witch?

This can't be overstated.

We don't have to play for our survival.

Last edited:
Even the wicked witch?

You called.

Tasmania’s bid for its own team has accepted that the state’s best chance for an AFL licence will come through relocating an existing club, rather than a 19th team.

In a turning point that has shifted the focus back onto North Melbourne – although the Kangaroos remain adamant they will never relocate – the powers behind the Tasmanian government-appointed task force believe the AFL Commission will not consider expanding the competition to 19 teams in the wake of savage cuts to the game forced by COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back