Game Day BATTLE OF THE FOLD COASTS - WCE vs GCS (Round 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My inner pessimist is running rampant at the moment, might have to start the pre game beers a bit earlier than normal.

Sides are transitioning the ball very quickly with the new stand the mark rule. Crows went lightning fast yesterday and it worked. Our defence can look poor when the ball comes in quickly, I'm a little worried GC will move it quickly against us. Hoping we move it quickly as that's when we are most dangerous.

Positive with lower interchange, sides that play high kick mark game wear the other side down as they have to chase. Dogs did it Friday and Dees yesterday. So this will work well in our favour.

Come on boys...

Sides are transitioning the ball very quickly with the new stand the mark rule. Crows went lightning fast yesterday and it worked. Our defence can look poor when the ball comes in quickly, I'm a little worried GC will move it quickly against us. Hoping we move it quickly as that's when we are most dangerous.

Positive with lower interchange, sides that play high kick mark game wear the other side down as they have to chase. Dogs did it Friday and Dees yesterday. So this will work well in our favour.

Come on boys...

Lukosious on a wing has got me a bit worried to be honest.

If they win alot of contests and get the ball to him on the outside we could be spending alot of today on our heels.

Positive is if you can win the ball in your back half, you can transition the ball a lot easier.

turnovers are killer with the new rules, and while Gold Coast are great at the contest, they can also turn the ball over a fair bit.

Think we've picked a team that's going to struggle to run out the game.
Hopefully we get up enough of a lead to break GC's spirit because if it's close I could see them running over the top of us in the last quarter.
In 35 degree heat? They’ll all be stuffed in the last quarter. Appalling time to play the game today. Is a health and safety issue.

It's almost like it's the first time it's ever been hot in Perth during March and it's a huge surprise to the AFL. *en morons.

Should just make the first 4 rounds in Perth night games and then start with the shitty Sunday twilight spots we get shoe-horned into.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy to go down with 'hamstring awareness' at 3/4 time.

Likely he'll pull his spud-muscle halfway through the third.

That sounded dirtier than intended.

Agreed, it is a less than ideal situation with the ruck, especially against a 209cm monster like Witts.

Still reckon it would provide the team with better balance going with H.Edwards in place of Rotham and using him as the secondary ruck option, leaving the option to omit Vardy for another runner and improve mobility in the attacking half of the ground.
Very big ask of Harry Edwards in his second game to do a fair percentage of the ruck and hold down 7th defender role as well.

0fca27cdb150bb2bec8d9eb70a36c32c.jpg

8242d337943289b3dd91b2f05667558e.jpg

Anticipating an almighty fold, let’s get it.

Genuine danger game today. They're a young and keen side who start seasons well.

Vardy just needs to impose himself physically today. Put a few knees into Witts and slow him down. His form in the preseason was very poor and he'll be out as soon as Williams is available/fit. Williams should feel very stupid for that dunking incident, tbh. Costing himself games here.

Don't expect it to be easy, but I expect we'll get it done in the end.

Eagles by 17.

It's almost like it's the first time it's ever been hot in Perth during March and it's a huge surprise to the AFL. fu**en morons.

Should just make the first 4 rounds in Perth night games and then start with the shitty Sunday twilight spots we get shoe-horned into.

Yup spot on the OHS issue should come into consideration

But the AVFL is all about money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back