Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the answer because our midfielders' cupboard is so thinly stocked. As others have said, Sier needs to be given a block of games to show that it is worth persevering with him. We just don't have any midfield extractors with physical presence other than Adams. Treloar could have played his role but alas he is no longer with us. Who would you put in the middle instead? If he fails (which he probably will) then I believe the team will fail with him. We can't just throw a first or second year player in there and hope he succeeds, though the situation may come to that sooner than we'd want.

I'd replace him the middle with anybody that is AFL standard & can run to the loo without having to be put on oxygen halfway down the hallway.

In the words of Obi Wan, he’s our only hope (in the middle).
De Goey must play forward.
I'm starting to think differently now. No point having Degoey forward when the ball isn't getting in there. We need to start building a midfield machine and just win it out of the centre at all costs.

Put Degoey, Elliott, Adams, Greenwood, Sier, even Izac in the middle and Cameron, Cox, Mihocek forward. Our defence is awesome so we need to start building a team from the backline forward otherwise we have a huge obvious hole in the guts that can't continue the chain into attack.

I'm starting to think differently now. No point having Degoey forward when the ball isn't getting in there. We need to start building a midfield machine and just win it out of the centre at all costs.

Put Degoey, Elliott, Adams, Greenwood, Sier, even Izac in the middle and Cameron, Cox, Mihocek forward. Our defence is awesome so we need to start building a team from the backline forward otherwise we have a huge obvious hole in the guts that can't continue the chain into attack.

I don't think DeGoey will ever be a gun midfielder, havn't seen it in the past and don't see it in the future

I don't think DeGoey will ever be a gun midfielder, havn't seen it in the past and don't see it in the future
Same. Don’t see him as a 30 touch midfielder. He’s more dangerous forward and our only player realistically capable of kicking a bag of 4 or more. Our midfield is screwed, but I think he’s more valuable forward..

Has all the tools. Just doesn't get enough ball and do enough damage. Seems to lack tank.

What he lacks is natural midfielder instincts, if he approached every stoppage like Adams, who is no star but has the natural midfield want to get the ball, then he would be good, but he just doesn't have it. Deep forward is his natural comfort zone, where he can weave his magic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just doesn't have the fitness, and this year with rotations down it becomes harder to justify fitting him in. Check out the TOG whenever he plays. They always structure his time on ground as the least amount on the team. It does somewhat point to his lack of versatility, but also his tank. On friday night he spend 60% of the game on the ground, the least amount for both sides, and for a midfielder at this stage of his career its hard to carry him like that.

He just doesn't have the fitness, and this year with rotations down it becomes harder to justify fitting him in. Check out the TOG whenever he plays. They always structure his time on ground as the least amount on the team. It does somewhat point to his lack of versatility, but also his tank. On friday night he spend 60% of the game on the ground, the least amount for both sides, and for a midfielder at this stage of his career its hard to carry him like that.
Yes I saw that stat. 60% TOG was significantly less than any other player.

That's good insight

Has all the tools. Just doesn't get enough ball and do enough damage. Seems to lack tank.
Doesn't have the vision or awareness. Have you ever seen him feed off a creative handball when cornered or in the tackle? He's a bull who brsts into the clear and then looks to create.

When he was playing well in seniors I thought he did plenty of creative handball.
Sorry I got my wires crossed. I was referring to JDG as a mid. Sier is plenty creative by hand. His problem is a combination of endurance and not having much idea what he's doing out there - Neither hunts the footy or spreads to receive - the ball has to fall into his lap.

Doesn't have the vision or awareness. Have you ever seen him feed off a creative handball when cornered or in the tackle? He's a bull who brsts into the clear and then looks to create.

I have quite a bit actually.

His issues are tank.
Not finding enough transition or easy ball outside the contest.
Picking and choosing when to have a crack, too often sitting back and observing.
Isn't aggressive enough in both throwing his rig around or his movement in the contest (when he gets these 2 right he looks great but its 1 to 2 times a game only).
Lacks fwd or defensive impact.

Edit just saw you were talking about Degoey yeah I agree with you there but I will say you need a few types to make a great center team a first dibs burst type is definitely part of it. Problem with degoey is can he get his numbers up to 25 mark and Impact at the contests consistently?

His issues are tank.
Not finding enough transition or easy ball outside the contest.
Picking and choosing when to have a crack, too often sitting back and observing.
Isn't aggressive enough in both throwing his rig around or his movement in the contest (when he gets these 2 right he looks great but its 1 to 2 times a game only).

About that rig. Compare his musculature with young Daics, Adams, Pendles, Jamie. Does Sier ever get into the gym? Perhaps he could have more impact if he was not only more aerobically fit, but was also stronger in the body.

So, could he work much harder at his preparation, or does he lack motivation to do that.?.

About that rig. Compare his musculature with young Daics, Adams, Pendles, Jamie. Does Sier ever get into the gym? Perhaps he could have more impact if he was not only more aerobically fit, but was also stronger in the body.

So, could he work much harder at his preparation, or does he lack motivation to do that.?.

Am I missing something?

1616466912111.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back