Goulburn Valley FL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

They haven't been the best out of the gates the last several years

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree Lion. In 2019 it was Echuca, Kyabram, Euroa and Tatura. All finalists that year. Same three but Seymour instead of Tatura this year. Probably four finalists this year. Tigers were hoping for 2-2 after four rounds. Still a chance.

Not trying to be a smart nippsy.....but indeed, how many? . I know Euroa like a lot of other bigger GV clubs like the feeling and knowledge that the majority of their playing list are local.

15 of the 22 were euroa on the weekend and 2 of the others Dad grew up in Euroa too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats pretty good for a small town. The last 15-20 years country teams have utilized the ability to recruit other than local and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that when done properly and within the rules. Some teams like to deliver a little drive by, crop dusting to those who recruit big names, quality players. ..."Look at them, thats nearly cheating !!!, we'll play local boys " ra ra ra . I seen such behavior in gv ranks....not mentioning any names .
15 of the 22 were euroa on the weekend and 2 of the others Dad grew up in Euroa too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They did lose round 1 to the premier by under a goal, with the final 6, does it matter if you finish 3 or 6 anyway?
Does it matter if you finish 3rd or 6th? Well it is an Elimination Final game but the reward for 3rd if they Win that game is huge because they move through to the 2nd Semi Final and have two cracks to make the Grand Final up their sleeve can be straight in and have their feet up if they Win first up. 6th if they Win need to butter up and Win another 3 games to Win the Flag if they manage to roll 3rd. So yep you'd rather finish 3rd.

Does it matter if you finish 3rd or 6th? Well it is an Elimination Final game but the reward for 3rd if they Win that game is huge because they move through to the 2nd Semi Final and have two cracks to make the Grand Final up their sleeve can be straight in and have their feet up if they Win first up. 6th if they Win need to butter up and Win another 3 games to Win the Flag if they manage to roll 3rd. So yep you'd rather finish 3rd.

Well said. A unique finals series. What about when 5th beats 4th and 6th beats 3rd.... Allows 5th the double chance as the highest place winner gets there two cracks. Crazy how you can activate double chance from 5th if results go your way. Always intriguing.

Just remember the old adage one week at a time fly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intriguing and also a very big incentive , just the kicker for a very good game.
Well said. A unique finals series. What about when 5th beats 4th and 6th beats 3rd.... Allows 5th the double chance as the highest place winner gets there two cracks. Crazy how you can activate double chance from 5th if results go your way. Always intriguing.

They did lose round 1 to the premier by under a goal, with the final 6, does it matter if you finish 3 or 6 anyway?

Doesn’t matter at all in the MFL or KDL. GV system does activate an advantage in Week 2, if you’re lucky enough to get there. #bringbackthefive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Doesn’t matter at all in the MFL or KDL. GV system does activate an advantage in Week 2, if you’re lucky enough to get there. #bringbackthefive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Love the final five! Not sure if there have been any 'unworthy' Premiership sides with the final 6. if you are good enough on the day you win them. Nevertheless the final 5 is still the best system IMO.

Love the final five! Not sure if there have been any 'unworthy' Premiership sides with the final 6. if you are good enough on the day you win them. Nevertheless the final 5 is still the best system IMO.
Has anyone else made the grand final from that magic 6th spot other than Seymour in 2012 with the late additions of Willie Wheeler, Ben Clifton and Josh Prudden?

Has anyone else made the grand final from that magic 6th spot other than Seymour in 2012 with the late additions of Willie Wheeler, Ben Clifton and Josh Prudden?
And of course not forgetting the late Eammon O'Connor, who also gave the 2012 lions a boost, when not req by the bullants, with a handful of games during the year, including a BOG in rd 1 against Euroa in a narrow loss and a solid game in the 1st final v Moor at Echuca. Injury plagued season for him that year for memory.

Just going through the list of both Tat and Seymour in that granny no wonder the footy back then was above what’s played now just so many guns in both sides

Doubt it Ultra! I do recall Shepp United making the GF from 5th in 2013. They had the benefit of gaining the double chance after Rochy and Tatura lost in the 1st week from 3rd and 4th position.

And of course not forgetting the late Eammon O'Connor, who also gave the 2012 lions a boost, when not req by the bullants, with a handful of games during the year, including a BOG in rd 1 against Euroa in a narrow loss and a solid game in the 1st final v Moor at Echuca. Injury plagued season for him that year for memory.

To true Lion, what a bloke and a player he was. As tough as any I ever played with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back