Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 6 - Giants v Dogs Fri April 23rd 7:50pm EST (Manuka)

Who will win and by how much?

• Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Potential danger game here, top of the ladder with a lot of confidence but not much resistance last week. Playing a team with backs against the wall at home who’ve ground out two good wins in the last two weeks, and their better players finding good form. Not to mention the bad blood between the clubs in recent years. Any complacency will be a big mistake.

That said if you’re a serious contender these are the games you go out and put it away by ht/3qt. Be a good acid test for the dogs.

5-1 not a disaster but 6-0 going into Friday night at the G against the premiers and best team in the comp would be amazing.

Glad we had our game in Ballarat 2 weeks ago to adjust to cold and awful conditions. Bring on Canberra.

Their mids can't go with us and our tall forwards will stretch them, hell even Franklin was taking contested grabs against them on the weekend.

Expecting them to go the snipe, it's their only hope. It backfired for them last year at Marvel, not sure if they'll be dumb enough to go down that route again.

Dogs by 5 or 6 goals minimum.

Dogs are extremely strong in the middle but have weakness up front and at the back.
Perryman a possible return and Greene won’t miss that many again for us.
Flynn to come in replacing Mummy.
Giants come out like they have the last 2 weeks then it should be a cracker. Will be a tough game but not that ridiculous effort last year where we forgot to play football as well.

Giants up by under 10.
Where is our weaknes up front? Agree down back but i think you are talking ...............never mind

Will Nick Haynes be tossing the coin and refuse to shake Bonts hand again? I missed the result of the last game. But I assume it completely rattled Bont and put him off his game en route to a huge GWS win?

Should have a drink for every time the commentators mention the 2016 prelim.

I just hope Luke Darcy isn't rostered on for Friday night.

Watching the way this game is being built up by the media has the feeling of when the Charlestown Chiefs played the Syracuse Bulldogs in Slapshot.

Maybe the Dogs should sign Barry Hall, Daniel Southern and Tony Liberatore on 1 game contracts. ;)

Make no mistake with near freezing temperature the conditions will be slippery and this will be a ground ball game. Even if I was a neutral supporter I would be tipping the team with the best midfield and the dogs magnificent 7 - Bont, Macrae, Dunks, Adz, Libba, Smith and Hunter are clearly the best midfield in the comp. Dogs by 30 points.

Be more worried if GWS don't come out and try and snipe and just play footy. That'll be the only way they win.

The mess they produced last year backfired. Surely they don't repeat.

Favourite match up of the year anyway. Will be a fantastic game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Nick Haynes be tossing the coin and refuse to shake Bonts hand again? I missed the result of the last game. But I assume it completely rattled Bont and put him off his game en route to a huge GWS win?
thank god big tough guy, worst captain in the league, “All night Cognilio” won’t be out there or Id be seriously worried

Club
Avg Age
Avg Gms
Avg Gls
Avg Hgt
Avg Wgt
GWS
23.71​
59.2​
32.8​
189.2​
88.3​
W.B.
26.62​
106.5​
49.0​
188.3​
87.4​

Mumford gave the Giants a boost. Can't see them winning without him.

Bevo goes at over 80% win/loss ratio when we put a more experienced team out on the paddock.
GWS' top tier players are as good as anyone though so it will come down to our ability to snag a goal or two during redtime. We need our B midfield rotation to dominate the GWS second rotation

I know they are overhyping it but it is good to see GWS have a genuine rivalry going on with another club.

Danger game for the Dogs, GWS have been going alright lately. Dogs by 60+.
I agree that it's a danger game but if that margin is classified as a danger game I would like these every week ;)

Back