Game Day Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

It's weird the drop punt straight infront has decreased significantly in accuracy but the snaps across the border from the boundary are as good as ever.

Example more confident in Heeney doing the across the body kick rather than a straight drop punt.

Snap shot has less mental routine and less movement.

Standing still and side on, step out once or twice away from the man on mark, ball drop is steadier because its held sideways(ish).

Compare that to the standard drop punt shot of counting steps while walking, into a jog, running towards an opponent and kicking over them. The body and ball sway more because of the extra movement.

That's my theory anyway.

I'm not familiar with parish's form over the years but I recall seeing him very early in his career and he looked like a pretty special player from the start. If he was out of favour I don't think it has anything to do with his ability.

Great game, great player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About 5 weeks to AFL mid-season draft on 2 June.
I would think we would be signing up Paddy McCartin??
I would expect Collingwood, Essendon, North and St Kilda to be below us on the ladder.
Any chance they would be signing Paddy up before us?

Seven clubs – Collingwood and Melbourne (two each), Essendon, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda and Sydney – have list spots available for the mid-season draft while other clubs will be able to send players with long-term injuries to the inactive list to open up further spots for the rookie selection meeting, which is scheduled for June 2.
Like the NAB AFL Draft, the mid-season rookie draft selections are in reverse ladder order.

I have a feeling Bulldogs will comfortably win this, but Richmond are still favourites for the grannie despite losing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back