Autopsy Round 7, 2021 vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost identical script to the same game last year, except for the bit where we didn't improve in the second half. This I find hard to fathom as even if the game is gone (which it clearly was by QT) there's still percentage to play for. That's likely to matter for teams like us that may scrape in to finals.

sixxxAW.png

Couldn’t be ****ed writing about everyone, because most just fall into the proper s**t category.

Wines - very good again and holds his head high.
Aliir - stopped a 100pt loss.
Drew - top few tonight.
Bergman - pretty good down back, his late goal took him to above the next line of players
Robbie, Jonas pass marks.
That’s about it for guys worth mentioning I reckon.

Now...

Hartlett is now nothing more than a liability to this team, every kick he tries to kick it way too hard and he generally costs us more points per game than he contributes - should be dropped.

Amon was poor tonight, been good all year so gets a mulligan.

Woodcock is a B grader at best.

Raz unsighted

Houston clearly playing injured

Mayes - Jesus we must be short if players if he’s the next man up in the squad

Marshall clearly played concussed or something - terrible

I know a win means not much more than a few cracks will be papered over - but I still want us to come out and belt * out of those pricks!

Last edited:
Pretty much everyone was awful but a couple of special memtions:

Hammer: is clinging on to a spot as is, but MUST be dropped for letting Mitch Robinson suck us in AGAIN. They would've spoke about it pre-game then within the first 5 mins he's fallen for it and cost a goal (although it was Charlie kicking so who knows) which leads me to...

Dixon: For a man Mountain he doesn't really impact games physically. He should be EMBARRASSED the amount of times Andrews has made him look second rate, to the point he should impacting contests like a raging bull, but just let's Andrews lead him to the ball time and time again.

Lycett: we are some quality midfielders down in wet conditions, we really needed our ruckman to stand up against what I consider a very ordinary opponent (McInerney) yet Lycett was unsighted all night. Had to be better then whatever crap that was he served up tonight. We need to start getting some games into Hayes.

Obviously there were probably 20 players that deserved a bake tonight but those 3 stood out for me. Oh and let's move on from Mayes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I'm going for the same unpopular opinion I had three weeks ago Charlie Dixon is a down hill skier he isn't just out of form he's not a great player his max is good not great he didn't deserve the AA jumper last year and he needs to be dropped until he gets form. Until he can get a metre on his man and take a mark on the lead he is destructive to our forward lines against teams who have strong defences. Before you all start on Marshall yes he dropped alot of sitters but the difference between him and Charlie is he worked into positions to take uncontested marks something Dixon refused to do.
dixon is a pretender
and he makes our forward line remarkably predictable.

Last edited:
We won the inside 50's 58 to 55 - let that sink in.

Like the Power of old
We get hot than cold
For we’re from Hinkley
Diet Coke is Back

We are from Hinkleyland

Review: get our group, coaches, players and all to watch the Geelong-Sydney game and feel f***ing ashamed of our dumbness tonight.

use of the ball outside the contest, and defensive dumbness was the issue. not clearance work as such. from what I heard (and read on the match day thread).

maybe rocky would have done better than Mayes? the difference on the night? NO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back