Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay here’s something different. Say if every team is in contention for a premiership and playing great football, who has; 1) the biggest supporter base. 2) the most hostile supporters. 3) the least following.

Okay here’s something different. Say if every team is in contention for a premiership and playing great football, who has; 1) the biggest supporter base. 2) the most hostile supporters. 3) the least following.
Yarrawonga the biggest supporter base
Nth Albury the most hostile
Wodonga Bulldogs the smallest following

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies get good numbers to games but they have no heart.
Myrt supporters get realy wild at home and createa pressure cooker or the Yarra blokes at the Fevola bar get drenched and dish out some red hot biscuits.

another good round of football with an average winning marge of 15.5 if you take out the wang vs nrth game, yarra and myrt lucky to get away with wins? would like to hear some feedback of those games, love what corowa and wodonga are doing to close the game and make the comp a real even one, with this run of success could the dogs regain some former players who jumped ship before the 2020 season? could become a handy side in 2022

Was at the alb v lavi match today not a bad contest. Albury the better side, looking at north Albury’s scores
For this season, wow are they as bad as the Corowa’s and the myrltford’s from the last 10-15 years????
What does the future look like for them, merge with a Hume/tall club or continue to struggle?

Was at the alb v lavi match today not a bad contest. Albury the better side, looking at north Albury’s scores
For this season, wow are they as bad as the Corowa’s and the myrltford’s from the last 10-15 years????
What does the future look like for them, merge with a Hume/tall club or continue to struggle?
from outside looking in, it's gunna be a long struggle for them, very hard to attract players coming from this far back without a coach like cresswell or german who have massive connections and able to turn corowa and rovers around with them, nrths facilities are disgusting need to be knocked over and re built and second worse surface ground in the league, no idea about their financials can't imagine theyre any good. many clubs have struggled over the years just a matter of time until they bounce back.

from outside looking in, it's gunna be a long struggle for them, very hard to attract players coming from this far back without a coach like cresswell or german who have massive connections and able to turn corowa and rovers around with them, nrths facilities are disgusting need to be knocked over and re built and second worse surface ground in the league, no idea about their financials can't imagine theyre any good. many clubs have struggled over the years just a matter of time until they bounce back.
Their 2's kicked 1'goal, 3rds none. They are in big trouble, I said a while ago the jury was out on the coach due to the fact he didn't recruit a player. Things will be harder to attract players as stated. Their facilities are yuk. Also watched Lavingt vs Albury and the two things I took out of it were these-
Lavington don't seem hungry. Surprised Flagg played after his interview saying the coach said if he went to the races he would spend a fortnight in the 2nds. He looks very unfit. The coach isn't playing anywhere near his standard of other years either. Their role players seem to have dropped away, maybe lost depth.
Albury are gettable. They are very young and light. The current dry and fast conditions suit them. When wet weather comes and the grounds get wet and the footy physical they will come back quickly. Sides will also test them physically surely as they did to others over the years. They don't have anyone that will intimidate with Mackie, Hyde etc gone.

Their 2's kicked 1'goal, 3rds none. They are in big trouble, I said a while ago the jury was out on the coach due to the fact he didn't recruit a player. Things will be harder to attract players as stated. Their facilities are yuk. Also watched Lavingt vs Albury and the two things I took out of it were these-
Lavington don't seem hungry. Surprised Flagg played after his interview saying the coach said if he went to the races he would spend a fortnight in the 2nds. He looks very unfit. The coach isn't playing anywhere near his standard of other years either. Their role players seem to have dropped away, maybe lost depth.
Albury are gettable. They are very young and light. The current dry and fast conditions suit them. When wet weather comes and the grounds get wet and the footy physical they will come back quickly. Sides will also test them physically surely as they did to others over the years. They don't have anyone that will intimidate with Mackie, Hyde etc gone.

North are in all sorts. No players and poor facilities and coming off the back of Covid money is tight. Will be interesting to see if they can field all three sides for the remainder of the year if they continue in their current form. My mail tells me they are ringing around asking people to play and under age players to play two games on the day. The coach is doing all he can with limited resources. Quite sad to see the plight of the club.

As for Flagg he will get better. Is certainly unfit but Lavington as a whole aren't going great guns. Heard some mail that Flagg was still keen to return home to play (as he was going to do in 2020) but not sure this still has merit.

Albury are still good but there are a few ahead of them at this stage with both Wang sides and Myrtleford my picks. Finals are not played in May though...

North are in all sorts. No players and poor facilities and coming off the back of Covid money is tight. Will be interesting to see if they can field all three sides for the remainder of the year if they continue in their current form. My mail tells me they are ringing around asking people to play and under age players to play two games on the day. The coach is doing all he can with limited resources. Quite sad to see the plight of the club.

As for Flagg he will get better. Is certainly unfit but Lavington as a whole aren't going great guns. Heard some mail that Flagg was still keen to return home to play (as he was going to do in 2020) but not sure this still has merit.

Albury are still good but there are a few ahead of them at this stage with both Wang sides and Myrtleford my picks. Finals are not played in May though...
Where is flaggs home club?
I believe at this stage its a three horse race, myrtleford lack polish and depth that the other three have in albury and wang sides but those sides aren't perfect either
albury lack grunt and height but excel in speed and skill
wang lack speed and midfield depth but excel in experience and height
rovers lack team connection with side changing each week and no key forward (height wise) but excel in midfield depth and speed.
thats not to say those clubs won't be losing to all the other clubs except nrth throughout the year just consistently will be at a higher mark then the rest

Was at the North and Wang game yesterday. North started alright but they had 3 players go down in the first quarter (2 of them being KPP’s which they already lack so bad) at HT they had no bench left for the game and Wang really put the foot down and I think booting 14 goals in last quarter. Although it’s not an excuse because every club deals with them, but their constant injuries to key players has really showed their lack of depth. Think they will improve as the year goes on as hopefully they are able to get some players back. But as for now, miles behind rest of comp in terms of on field performance.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In terms of the Club they say they are in the best financial position for the last 20 years, the juniors have the best numbers they’ve had in ages but I think this year has come down to some really really poor recruiting. The Club and the players have stuck pretty tight this year, I think they all knew it was going to be a tough year and the supporters have really gotten behind the younger playing group. They haven’t had the same luxuries as the other clubs with the council doing work on the ground, but the club have been doing what they can and hopefully the council are able to get a riggle on soon too and help them out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back