Betstar Champions Cup OM season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It says he is stepping down at the end of this season for work reasons and he’s planning on playing at Raiders again next year.
He hopes they can find a good coach for next year in the next month.
Hearing that Jayden Neagle will coach Balranald in the Central Murray next year. They have plenty of coin to lure the brothers there as well.

I note with interest a Facebook post shown to me today of Ricky Nixon advertising the Raiders coaching position for 2022 on his public profile. Surely a club with any shred of self respect for their public image and brand would steer clear of a grub with a history of fooling around with underage women and other similar unsavoury behaviour? Might as well have Gary Glitter and Bill Cosby championing your cause…

I note with interest a Facebook post shown to me today of Ricky Nixon advertising the Raiders coaching position for 2022 on his public profile. Surely a club with any shred of self respect for their public image and brand would steer clear of a grub with a history of fooling around with underage women and other similar unsavoury behaviour? Might as well have Gary Glitter and Bill Cosby championing your cause…
Worst post of the year , everyone has a past and maybe some turn things around champ

I'm sure you still tune into the footy on channel 7 on Friday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know if the talk has ever been serious but it’s been mentioned before that Thurgoona wanted to join the O&M.
Would it be silly for Thurgoona and Nth Albury to consider a merger?
Nth Albury Under 14’s and 16’s are 7th on the ladder and their 3rds are last. Most kids are going to go to Albury or Lavington before considering Nth Albury so it would seem that it’s going to be a continual battle unless they can buy a good side.
Can anyone see another way?

I don’t know if the talk has ever been serious but it’s been mentioned before that Thurgoona wanted to join the O&M.
Would it be silly for Thurgoona and Nth Albury to consider a merger?
Nth Albury Under 14’s and 16’s are 7th on the ladder and their 3rds are last. Most kids are going to go to Albury or Lavington before considering Nth Albury so it would seem that it’s going to be a continual battle unless they can buy a good side.
Can anyone see another way?

North albury 14s haven’t lost a game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

North albury 14s haven’t lost a game

12s have only lost 1 game too. I know the club might be struggling with the seniors sides but I think they won’t be as bad as everyone think in the coming years. Some better recruiting should go along way and I know the club have already started a new approach to it. They’re also starting ground development too at end of the season with New Goalposts that have arrived, new fence, improved lighting and the club is also hopeful to get work done on canteen and toilets.

12s have only lost 1 game too. I know the club might be struggling with the seniors sides but I think they won’t be as bad as everyone think in the coming years. Some better recruiting should go along way and I know the club have already started a new approach to it. They’re also starting ground development too at end of the season with New Goalposts that have arrived, new fence, improved lighting and the club is also hopeful to get work done on canteen and toilets.

Think a lot of people forget that every side in the comp has struggled for quite a few years at different stages. Wang had multiple spoons in the 90’s but have come out the better.

been a while now though hasn’t it?

Yeah has felt like quite a while, I think they last made Finals in 2015, had 2 pretty bad years then probably should of made finals in 2018 with the talent in their team but missed by a few games. 2019 was a bit of a down year with players going and new young coach with a young playing list. 2020 they looked like they could of made a decent push for the 5 with no real players leaving and adding some VFL players but COVID happened and they found themselves with the coach going to another side with multiple players leaving and are now left with a new coach with a young list.

Wasn't north Albury the power club in the early 2000s? From memory their ones side had multiple all Australian country footy players as some played from vic country and a few played for NSW.

You never know miles could sign on as co-coach next year and then players will come in

been a while now though hasn’t it?

Yeah has felt like quite a while, I think they last made Finals in 2015, had 2 pretty bad years then probably should of made finals in 2018 with the talent in their team but missed by a few games. 2019 was a bit of a down year with players going and new young coach with a young playing list. 2020 they looked like they could of made a decent push for the 5 with no real players leaving and adding some VFL players but COVID happened and they found themselves with the coach going to another side with multiple players leaving and are now left with a new coach with a young list.

One of those VFL players that followed the coach to Raiders (Smith) is now playing twos there and hardly touching it. Doubt he'd of lifted them to the flag. North F#$ked themselves when they forced Mannagh & Taylor-Nugent out, going to be a long way back especially now with the points system and the tighter salary cap!

I’m hoping for a tigers flag this season then hopefully Miles will make his way back to north Albury in the next year or 2 as a co coach with Norman.
That’s one thing that is a shame about Nth Albury’s situation. Anthony Miles and Sam Schulz who both had AFL experience and strong ties to Nth Albury both came back to town from the AFL and went to Albury.

One of those VFL players that followed the coach to Raiders (Smith) is now playing twos there and hardly touching it. Doubt he'd of lifted them to the flag. North F#$ked themselves when they forced Mannagh & Taylor-Nugent out, going to be a long way back especially now with the points system and the tighter salary cap!

Yeah Smith didn’t really stand out at North from what I was told but I remember someone saying he has put on quite a few kgs since he went to the Raiders. The other players that left would all have been in their top 10 players. And yep you’re right with Mannagh and what happened there with Muller. Taylor-Nugent wasn’t forced out though, was offered a great opportunity for his landscaping business by Joss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back