News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

This could work out in our favour as a club. Hayes may otherwise not have been given a crack this early in the year and now we really can see what he's got and also give him a couple of games to work in to it.

A glass half full guy. Great to see!

Definitely presents a huge problem coming into the game against the Bulldogs on Saturday night given their midfield clearance strengths. But I agree that if we get through that then it provides the club with an excellent chance to test ruck depth.

Don't underestimate Charlie's capacity and work rate to cover Lycett's loss either. He's (rightfully) cops a bucketing from Vic centric media based on low goal kicking returns against top sides but they discount his up the field work rate too much.

Let's see how good we really are.

Our defence even mentioning 5 weeks when Gleeson suggested 4 is a WTF moment.

Yep.

Mind you the the fact the AFL has Queen's Councils in there arguing the case for a weeks difference in suspensions for a footy game is imho utterly bizarre.

No one wins when you have a shoot out between silks in relation to on-field issues in sport.

Oouch been a horrible couple of days for Scott.All that social media business and now 4 weeks off.
Careless tackle that was worth a few weeks.And a Prison Bar punishment for Port added on to the suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Copped 3 plus a 1 game prison bar loading

as long as they are Consistent from now on

Given the last big tackle like that got 4 weeks i'd say they have been consistent with this decision

Shut the fu** up.
I hope it’s one of your precious Croms next then.

This is a bloke who had Gary Ablett and Garry Hocking ploughing a furrow through blokes who weren’t looking every other week.

I haven't read through the transcript, did we ask advice from West Coast lawyers and use the good bloke defense?

West Coasts lawyers didn't need to lift a finger. David King had already set the "he's a good Melbourne private schoolboy from a good family" tone from the very moment Gaff hit Brayshaw. Our boy never stood a chance.

West Coasts lawyers didn't need to lift a finger. David King had already set up the "he's a good Melbourne private schoolboy from a good family" tone from the very moment Gaff hit Brayshaw. Our boy never stood a chance.

Real question here, does anyone actually care about what private school players went to? I feel it's an extreme try hard to copy what America does because unlike high school, college sports is a big deal over there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back