Review Rd 10: Your saturday night shellacking vs the Saints and the legendary Bytel

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent performance.
Have no criticism. Even thought Hannan was great. Hope he backs up next week.

Speechless at how good we were.

Shame about Treloar. Hope it isn't as bad as feared.

I hear you. About half a dozen times last night I was gobsmacked/awestruck thinking ‘is this real?’

Does anyone know why the shield was presented in the rooms instead of on the ground?
It kinda looked like the dogs stayed on the ground waiting but the Saints just headed straight off?

If you haven't yet you should definitely watch Bevo's presser where he talks about shaking hands with Flipper the dolphin.
Do you have a link?

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the shield was presented in the rooms instead of on the ground?
It kinda looked like the dogs stayed on the ground waiting but the Saints just headed straight off?

I thought the same thing. It was such a demoralising loss that I was sort of glad they left the field.

They've done this for a while now.... used to take too long to get all organised on field and by the time the presentation happened no crowd left there to see it - was a bit embarassing.

They've done this for a while now.... used to take too long to get all organised on field and by the time the presentation happened no crowd left there to see it - was a bit embarassing.
And half us dogs fans leave in a rush to get on a train because our public transport to west of Melbourne is a shambles.

I stay around for 5 minutes tops.

Not enough love for our captains game last night. 26 and 7 scoring shots on goal. He’s hitting next level footy at the moment and it’s phenomenal to watch.

He’s on track for one of the greatest seasons by a dog player I’ve ever seen. And I’ve seen a few good ones go round.
He was amazing and has been in great touch all year. Strangely though, is he having the 3rd best season of our mids?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was amazing and has been in great touch all year. Strangely though, is he having the 3rd best season of our mids?

As good as the others are going at the moment, I think Bonts a level above. His numbers aren’t as big, but they’re big enough and he just does some things that others can’t and he seems to do them with ease.
His goals from 40+, on the run on Saturday night were effortless. He just stroked the ball through the goals running at full pace.
The way he moves through traffic and uses the ball. He’s just gone to a whole new level imo.

He had 26 and 7 scoring shots on goal. Goals on the run from 50, lead and mark goals. He almost had 2 crumbing snap goals around his body that only just missed also.
And we can’t forget the fact that he can take huge pack marks.

He’s a gun mid that can play inside or out, he could also win the Coleman if played as a permanent fwd. And he’s hitting peak performance. Let that sink in for a second.

Imagine being alive when Whitten was up and about and watching him go about it.
That’s what we’re experiencing atm.

Don’t want to take anything away from the others, but yeah, I reckon he’s got them covered. Comfortably!!

As good as the others are going at the moment, I think Bonts a level above. His numbers aren’t as big, but they’re big enough and he just does some things that others can’t and he seems to do them with ease.
His goals from 40+, on the run on Saturday night were effortless. He just stroked the ball through the goals running at full pace.
The way he moves through traffic and uses the ball. He’s just gone to a whole new level imo.

He had 26 and 7 scoring shots on goal. Goals on the run from 50, lead and mark goals. He almost had 2 crumbing snap goals around his body that only just missed also.
And we can’t forget the fact that he can take huge pack marks.

He’s a gun mid that can play inside or out, he could also win the Coleman if played as a permanent fwd. And he’s hitting peak performance. Let that sink in for a second.

Imagine being alive when Whitten was up and about and watching him go about it.
That’s what we’re experiencing atm.

Don’t want to take anything away from the others, but yeah, I reckon he’s got them covered. Comfortably!!
Yep it’s the quality of his touches not the quantity. He’s next level and we’re privileged to watch someone who will go down as an all time great of the game.

I think you have picked up on something there, I noticed the presentation in the Bulldogs rooms but did not connect the dots. Saints: bad sports into the bargain! LOL!

Yep it’s the quality of his touches not the quantity. He’s next level and we’re privileged to watch someone who will go down as an all time great of the game.
I'm quite sure he lifts the performances of the rest of the team.

If only the Dees still had Watts and that Bugg character to target Liber on social media, as they won't be able to stop him onfield. That usually works for them. After they Instagrammed JJ in 2017, Watts played another mostly forgettable 24 games before his career finally shat itself, and Bugg managed a whole 6 before he disappeared up his own rectum.

If only the Dees still had Watts and that Bugg character to target Liber on social media, as they won't be able to stop him onfield. That usually works for them. After they Instagrammed JJ in 2017, Watts played another mostly forgettable 24 games before his career finally shat itself, and Bugg managed a whole 6 before he disappeared up his own rectum.
Question, what’s the difference between Libba and Superman.
Answer, Superman has a weakness :)

Meanwhile JJ has regained his mojo

I’m one of his biggest critics, but JJ was brilliant last night. He just seemed to attack every contest, really enjoyed his game last night, best I’ve seen in years, even better than his grand final game if you ask me. Best aggression he’s ever shown on a footy field in my opinion
He does a lot of 'unrewarded running', you can see how hard he works to hold up opposition kicks which gives our defence a little more time to set up

Your timing footscray1973 is spot on with Watts

Watts would not want to be on Social Media today as there is a warrant out for his arrest for non appearance for his Court date which was today.

Also me recapping this week thinking it’d be a close game

1st off I am a massive fan of Shaquile o neal. I am an orlando magic fan.

I didnt think it was going to be a close game.

The game day thread on the main board was entertaining.

Mofra I love you! lol. I enjoyed the entertainment you provided on the Dogs vs Saints game day board on saturday night lol.

To top it off, the saints fans were blaming the umpires lol.

The dogs were a very good team on the weekend.

Freo have Port in Adelaide and then The Dogs in Perth. No looking forward to freo facing the dogs after what the dogs have already have done to North and the saints so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back