Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 12 vs. Adelaide, AO Sat 05/06 @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Kelly light years ahead of callow? From what I’ve seen I don’t think he is at all tbh. That said I’d expect take a few weeks at least to settle, learn roles etc. even a readymade player will go through the Vfl

Wouldn't be light years but there'd be a fitness base disparity between AFL clubs and feeder league clubs. That'd be the main issue for me. There's also the familiarity aspect, Kelly having trained and played with the squad.

And if his fitness levels aren't adequate for AFL and he tears his hammy of the bone and becomes Freeman MkII then that'd be okay as well I guess.

Why the urgency?
Very odd example for someone who's playing full games of SANFL football. It's not like he's been immobile for 6 months...

Kid would be choc-full of confidence. I'd love to see it.

Very odd example for someone who's playing full games of SANFL football. It's not like he's been immobile for 6 months...

Kid would be choc-full of confidence. I'd love to see it.

Freeman was coming off a full AFL preseason including intraclub games when he fronted for that preseason game down at the Catery.

Need his fleet of foot for the wing.
Dave knows every oppo players pros and cons as well as their deepest darkest fears.
He will deconstruct them and leave them in his wake.

Is Kelly light years ahead of callow? From what I’ve seen I don’t think he is at all tbh. That said I’d expect take a few weeks at least to settle, learn roles etc. even a readymade player will go through the Vfl
I don't think so either. Kelly's frame is a while off and he's injury-prone, and has also been thrown in as a defender sometimes. Callow seems to have a better footy mind and is more ready for seniors body-wise

Is there VFL in the next few weeks?

Is there VFL in the next few weeks?

Hasn't been a call on this weekends games yet afaik but with the lockdown extended for another week it's hard to imagine it'll go ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to see us winning this as a fly-in, fly-out game and we’ve then got Buckley’s chance of beating the Dees the following week without Grundy and Adams to battle Gawn and Petracca. So it looks like we’ll be 2-11 at the bye.

That should seal the fate of the current Board and probably the current coaching panel too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The crowd in Adelaide have been told to "duck and get out of the way" if the ball comes their way on Saturday.

Who's going to be the first to make the obvious jokes?

The crowd in Adelaide have been told to "duck and get out of the way" if the ball comes their way on Saturday.

Who's going to be the first to make the obvious jokes?
Adelaide listened to that advice last year

Hard to see us winning this as a fly-in, fly-out game and we’ve then got Buckley’s chance of beating the Dees the following week without Grundy and Adams to battle Gawn and Petracca. So it looks like we’ll be 2-11 at the bye.

That should seal the fate of the current Board and probably the current coaching panel too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whilst I agree, it really shouldn't be the basis of judging Buckley. You can't expect a coach to pull a miracle with a depleted list and the obstacles presented with COVID.

For me, the win/loss ratio isn't the determinative factor. I went into this year expecting it to be a down year.

What i want to see though is the mechanisms we have put into place to arrest our scoring woes over the past fortnight in particular. I want to see a more attacking brand. Treat this the way we treated the west coast game last year...which was pretty much a free hit. We took the game on, played with flare and got the result.

I don't want to see us approach Adelaide, a team who is realistically similarly placed to us in terms of development, and just go ultra conservative. Give the kids a chance to show their natural talent, and play for the win.

I say there is a Chance that our Pick #3 Tonight could play vs Crows

I think no chance. The selection committee & the coach will want to have a reasonable look at their skills, readiness & fitness before selecting them for AFL games.

I think no chance. The selection committee & the coach will want to have a reasonable look at their skills, readiness & fitness before selecting them for AFL games.

Well they would seen that in there State Leagues

OUT - Grundy, Madgen, Callum
IN - Cox, Elliot, McCreery

Mayne Roughy Maynard
Quaynor Moore Noble
Murphy Pendles Poulter
Sidey Mihocek WHE
McCreery Cox DeGoey

Cameron Crisp Daicos

Wilson, Sier, Macrae, Bianco

(DeGoey and Daicos to rotate)

Status