Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

It's their fault every time because we are 15 months into the pandemic and they have done literally nothing to improve the system set up overnight by the states. Everything has been on the states.
This is revisionism and politicking.

Andrews wants to be in control of letting it in. I mean, he suggested that at the national cabinet meeting in March 2020 and used it as a way to promote himself as the leading destroyer of the virus in this country. Bit rich and cute to now blame X when Y agreed to be responsible for the virus.

View attachment 1150271
From the herald sun for those who need big name news outlets.
Still not sure why Brett Sutton arbitrarily restricts grandparents from visiting their daughter at her home but then allows say 50 random people at an indoor cafe or restaurant. The guy has made these inconsistent decisions throughout the past 18 months and continues to straddle the line between negligence and ineptness.

Still not sure why Brett Sutton arbitrarily restricts grandparents from visiting their daughter at her home but then allows say 50 random people at an indoor cafe or restaurant. The guy has made these inconsistent decisions throughout the past 18 months and continues to straddle the line between negligence and ineptness.

Didn’t he mention a fleeting case from a cafe?

If only Brad Roswell and his mates used their media door stops this morning to discuss this rather than going all Qanon Conspiracy theorists and one after the other demand Daniel Andrews release private information about his hospitalisation.

If only the State Liberal party were a competent opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only Brad Roswell and his mates used their media door stops this morning to discuss this rather than going all Qanon Conspiracy theorists and one after the other demand Daniel Andrews release private information about his hospitalisation.

If only the State Liberal party were a competent opposition.

Yeah that is the problem, Rosell's tweet is what they should be doing, pointing out where the Government's actions have caused harm and holding them accountable. But it comes out the same day as their incredible conspiracy bullshit about Andrews which is what gets reported on. No rational person could vote for them to run this State, even if you hate the Labour government with a passion.

Yeah that is the problem, Rosell's tweet is what they should be doing, pointing out where the Government's actions have caused harm and holding them accountable. But it comes out the same day as their incredible conspiracy bullshit about Andrews which is what gets reported on. No rational person could vote for them to run this State, even if you hate the Labour government with a passion.

Can’t believe how bad they’ve been. Who does their social media attacks? They could legit walk to the easiest win if they did things properly 🤣

Can’t believe how bad they’ve been. Who does their social media attacks? They could legit walk to the easiest win if they did things properly 🤣

Nobody, there is no coordination at all. All they really had to do was shut up for a while and let the Government damage themselves. Instead every time they say something voters are reminded that things could be worse....

The touted 25km limit on Melburnians is absolute bulltish. Just like the curfew in 2020, no health basis. Just spiteful.

On another topic, I heard an epidemiologist say this morning it will take 4-5 months to come out of this outbreak. That means no Grand Final in Melbourne. The AFL will want the game played in a full stadium and not one 1/3 or 1/2 full

The touted 25km limit on Melburnians is absolute bulltish. Just like the curfew in 2020, no health basis. Just spiteful.

On another topic, I heard an epidemiologist say this morning it will take 4-5 months to come out of this outbreak. That means no Grand Final in Melbourne. The AFL will want the game played in a full stadium and not one 1/3 or 1/2 full

The 25km limit is so you can move around Melbourne but not to regional Victoria. Do you really think that these decisions are made out of spite?

I don't know about you but I reckon restricting movement of people seems to be pretty good way to stop transmission of a communicable disease.

The 25km limit is so you can move around Melbourne but not to regional Victoria. Do you really think that these decisions are made out of spite?
Absolutely. This is a government feeling pressured to ease restrictions so having the attitude, “OK, we’ll ease them but on our strict terms”. There is no health basis whatsoever. Why 25km and not, say, 75km? Why not keep it at 5km?

I don't know about you but I reckon restricting movement of people seems to be pretty good way to stop transmission of a communicable disease.
Then why introduce 25km and not keep it at 5 or 10km? It makes no sense.

How is it that you can see no wrong in this government? You just accept every decision it makes even though we are given no explanations.

I’m sick of being treated like a mushroom

Then why introduce 25km and not keep it at 5 or 10km? It makes no sense.

How is it that you can see no wrong in this government? You just accept every decision it makes even though we are given no explanations.

I’m sick of being treated like a mushroom
The risk of coronavirus is a function of the risk of cases in the community, and the risk allowed by the restrictions.
The same overall level of risk can be taken with a lower level of risk of cases, and a higher level of risk in restrictions. There is now a lower risk of cases in the community. Not as low as we ideally want it, but we can still get away with more risk in our restrictions.

The risk of cases doesn't jump down significantly. So if we want to keep the same level of overall risk, our restrictions shouldn't jump down significantly either.

As to your second point, I've outlined a list of things I think could have been done better by Vic Gov

Absolutely. This is a government feeling pressured to ease restrictions so having the attitude, “OK, we’ll ease them but on our strict terms”. There is no health basis whatsoever. Why 25km and not, say, 75km? Why not keep it at 5km?
5 km is less risk than 25km is less risk than 75km is less risk than no limit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back