News AFL - RD 15 Crowds Update

Remove this Banner Ad

I come from the SE it’s fine , suppose I don’t need to go thru city , i don’t do public transport , not since myki
The west gate is ****ed but it was more just around the ground that day.

I wrote the other day that all major events here in Melbourne should send a message to the vic government and move their events elsewhere and i'm talking Oz Open, F1 Grand Prix, all AFL finals, Boxing Day Test with the threat " we can't trust you "

I mean everything, move it all out of Victoria until this paranoid government snaps out of it.

but but but what about the beast 😂
I’m ******* moving from Melbourne next year , ******* over it .

F'kn circus!! Campaigner of a government!! Lost the plot totally.

Last weeks Geelong v Bulldogs game was capped a 7000 for Covid reasons. Then WTF cram them into half a dozen bays!!?? Surely if the numbers are limited you need to spread out around the whole stadium. Got me f'kd!
Must be all the positive transmissions from live footy games, 🙄 bunch of clowns , zero idea on managing this situation

Wow just wow!!! Just a tad conservative :rolleyes:

Crowds of 25,000 will be allowed at the MCG and Marvel Stadium this weekend, as the government baulked at the AFL’s request for 50 per cent capacity for Round 15.
Health officials will on Wednesday reveal their magic formula for the return of sporting crowds after Melbourne’s fourth lockdown, with outdoor stadiums set to be limited to 50 per cent of their capacity, with a cap set at 25,000.

It means the MCG, which can host 100,000 patrons, will be 25 per cent full, while Marvel Stadium, which has room for about 57,000 fans, will be at about 43 per cent capacity.

Indoor stadiums will be able to host up to 5000 fans, which will apply at John Cain Arena for Melbourne United’s grand final series against Perth Wildcats.

The Victorian government’s decision to unwind the stadium capacity formula will allow 50 per cent capacity at AAMI Park for Sunday’s A League decider, with 15,000 soccer fans to pile into a half-full stadium.

I wrote the other day that all major events here in Melbourne should send a message to the vic government and move their events elsewhere and i'm talking Oz Open, F1 Grand Prix, all AFL finals, Boxing Day Test with the threat " we can't trust you "

I mean everything, move it all out of Victoria until this paranoid government snaps out of it.
1624366772504.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I drive every week from the northern suburbs, leave an hour before the game and park just off swan street. Walk or tram the rest of the way.
Yeah I have done that a few times.

according to James Merlino's twitter, sporting venues going to 85% capacity from 1 July! woohoo!

View attachment 1161618

That's great news, but weird that we couldn't go 50% this week as the jump next week (July 1st) is 85%
Nonetheless im happy that we moving quickly to 85%, as come finals 100% surely will be in place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back