Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hawks finish bottom would love to trade for pick 1 to give us pick 1 plus Darcy.

Will cost us though. Probably Smith for starters plus our 1st rounder.

If Hawks finish bottom would love to trade for pick 1 to give us pick 1 plus Darcy.

Why would we do this?

We are in premiership window and you'd assume that Smith would be the superior player for at least 2 seasons (and that's if Horne comes on like Walsh). It would probably be more.

I rate Horne as at least equal to Smith and that's effectively what we'd be doing.

And by securing pick 1 we pretty much guarantee Darcy not bid on till pick 3 at the earliest which is an 800 point saving alone (equal pick 23).

I rate Horne as at least equal to Smith and that's effectively what we'd be doing.

And by securing pick 1 we pretty much guarantee Darcy not bid on till pick 3 at the earliest which is an 800 point saving alone (equal pick 23).

Libba, Treloar and Dunkley are all pretty injury prone though. Horne may be the better player in the long run but for certain he won't be at Smith's level for 2022 and 2023.

Smith is vital in our setup at the moment. He's the player we turn to when one of our main mids is out with injury.

Your argument would make more sense if it was a generation KPD or at the end of 2022 Hawthorn offered DGB as part of the trade. I still wouldn't do it though, we have been pretty good at getting decent KPD's on the cheap in recent years. Lake, Morris, Hamling, Adams, Keath all of whom didn't cost us a top 20 pick.

Sorry dude but this is madness

How will the club get the points for Darcy if our first draft pick is given to Hawthorn ?

That pick has to be traded to get the points particularly as we have no 2nd round pick.

Yeah that’s up there 😂, Smith and our first for pick 1? So we take Horne, who you’ve said is at least equal to Smith, and then how do we match Darcy?

So we’ve lost our first rounder to get at least the equal, but less proven and younger version of Smith?

In what world is that a good idea

Yeah that’s up there , Smith and our first for pick 1? So we take Horne, who you’ve said is at least equal to Smith, and then how do we match Darcy?

So we’ve lost our first rounder to get at least the equal, but less proven and younger version of Smith?

In what world is that a good idea

It’s only worth it for the melts of other clubs supporters….. that would be truly glorious!!!!

(OK it’s not worth it for that either but the melts would be epic!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now if we could just find a Nankervis type Ruck that is just primed to break out and just requires an opportunity. Is there any at State level that are showing anything apart from the usual suspects?
Maybe one of Ports back ups, Chol has been discussed but I feel that if he moves Suns are probably the more likely destination for him.
English needs another Ruck to allow him to be a damaging Forward/ Ruck.
Sammy your challenge is set go too work and do us proud once again 😀
Sweet's just as likely as any of them, and you risk a Dan Currie type who beats up on state leaguers, collects an AFL paycheque for 10 years, and offered nothing of AFL value across his entire career.

I seem to remember Chad Wingard having the chance to come to the Dogs when we went after him back in 2018. And he turned us down to go to the Hawks. F**k him. He made his bed and he can lay in it.

Out of contract (14): Ben Cavarra (UFA), Zaine Cordy, Taylor Duryea (UFA), Will Hayes (UFA), Lin Jong (UFA), Buku Khamis, Patrick Lipinski, Stefan Martin (UFA), Ed Richards, Anthony Scott, Roarke Smith (UFA), Jordon Sweet, Mitch Wallis (UFA), Lewis Young

Young gun Cody Weightman re-signed for two years this week, while Duryea’s consistent season is also set to deliver him another one-year deal. There is plenty of interest in how the coming months play out for Lipinski, Wallis and Richards, all of whom could be playing elsewhere next year. Young hasn’t been able to consistently win a senior spot, but Cordy has re-established himself in the senior side after starting in the VFL. The decision on whether Martin plays on is in his hands, while Cavarra and Hayes will have to hope their good VFL form will be enough. Ruckman Sweet played the first five AFL games of his career this year.

Pretty sure there was indication that we chased a number of rucks last year. Swear I saw somewhere that we were told no by both Goldstein and McEvoy

Sinclair is a good ruck but he's very injury prone
We chase rucks almost every year.
Thank god our chase of Lobbe was undone by his trip to Vietnam (couldn't complete a medical in time)

We chase rucks almost every year.
Thank god our chase of Lobbe was undone by his trip to Vietnam (couldn't complete a medical in time)
Yeah weren't we offering some stupid amount of money and a good pick for him too? Bullet dodged

Now if we could just find a Nankervis type Ruck that is just primed to break out and just requires an opportunity. Is there any at State level that are showing anything apart from the usual suspects?
Maybe one of Ports back ups, Chol has been discussed but I feel that if he moves Suns are probably the more likely destination for him.
English needs another Ruck to allow him to be a damaging Forward/ Ruck.
Sammy your challenge is set go too work and do us proud once again 😀
Lynch from Collingwood. Killing it in the VFL and nullified Gawn when Grundy was injured.

Lynch from Collingwood. Killing it in the VFL and nullified Gawn when Grundy was injured.
Don’t know much about him, what’s he like? Surely if he’s a number one ruck he gets out of there with Grundy sitting in his way for the next 6 years

I really don’t care if our ruck plays 70% TOG and can’t do anything other than ruck and sit on the bench. We can cover the rest. Imagine our midfield with a dominant ruck. We would genuinely never lose. If he could take a couple of marks around the ground well that’s a bonus but we need a first ruck whose a ruckman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back