The Rugby Championship
Sat, 02/10/2021, 04:05 pm
Eden Park
South Africa--vs--New Zealand

The Rugby Championship
Sat, 02/10/2021, 08:00 pm
GIO Stadium
Argentina--vs--Australia

The best southern hemisphere rugby tournament returns to it's full glory.
Any predictions for this year?

Last edited:

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
We need to aim not to finish last, the form of South Africa is largely unknown. Argentina is really starting to come on as a test side and the quality of the All blacks is well known

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
We need to aim not to finish last, the form of South Africa is largely unknown. Argentina is really starting to come on as a test side and the quality of the All blacks is well known
Wins against South Africa and Argentina, and close matches (if not a win) against nz would be a good start. Hard to judge south Africa (for obvious reasons), same as Argentina who I saw play good football (but not easy to judge when they are playing a depleted Wales side).

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks
Wins against South Africa and Argentina, and close matches (if not a win) against nz would be a good start. Hard to judge south Africa (for obvious reasons), same as Argentina who I saw play good football (but not easy to judge when they are playing a depleted Wales side).

Springboks have preformed well against the Lions so far however the last 3 matches will truly showcase their strength give the fact that it's been only ''South Africa A'' so far, however I'm confident that they will provide us with most thrilling matches.

AB's smothered Fiji and Tonga but it's too early to tell what they're capable of this year.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Springboks have preformed well against the Lions so far however the last 3 matches will truly showcase their strength give the fact that it's been only ''South Africa A'' so far, however I'm confident that they will provide us with most thrilling matches.

AB's smothered Fiji and Tonga but it's too early to tell what they're capable of this year.
Half the Tongan side was on professional debut as they weren’t able to get the European based players across in time for the NZ test.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Bledisloe I: All Blacks v Wallabies

Eden Park, Saturday 7.05pm

All Blacks:
Damian McKenzie, Sevu Reece, Anton Lienert-Brown, David Havili, Rieko Ioane, Richie Mo’unga, Aaron Smith; Ardie Savea, Dalton Papalii, Akira Ioane, Sam Whitelock (c), Brodie Retallick, Nepo Laulala, Codie Taylor, George Bower. Reserves: Dane Coles, Karl Tu’inukuafe, Angus Ta’avao, Scott Barrett, Luke Jacobson, Brad Weber, Beauden Barrett, Jordie Barrett.

Wallabies: Tom Banks, Jordan Petaia, Len Ikitau, Hunter Paisami, Andrew Kellaway, Noah Lolesio, Tate McDermott; Harry Wilson, Michael Hooper (c), Rob Valentini, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Darcy Swain, Allan Alaalatoa, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, James Slipper. Reserves: Jordan Uelese, Angus Bell, Taniela Tupou, Matt Philip, Fraser McReight, Jake Gordon, Matt To’omua, Reece Hodge.

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks
Bledisloe I: All Blacks v Wallabies

Eden Park, Saturday 7.05pm

All Blacks:
Damian McKenzie, Sevu Reece, Anton Lienert-Brown, David Havili, Rieko Ioane, Richie Mo’unga, Aaron Smith; Ardie Savea, Dalton Papalii, Akira Ioane, Sam Whitelock (c), Brodie Retallick, Nepo Laulala, Codie Taylor, George Bower. Reserves: Dane Coles, Karl Tu’inukuafe, Angus Ta’avao, Scott Barrett, Luke Jacobson, Brad Weber, Beauden Barrett, Jordie Barrett.

Wallabies: Tom Banks, Jordan Petaia, Len Ikitau, Hunter Paisami, Andrew Kellaway, Noah Lolesio, Tate McDermott; Harry Wilson, Michael Hooper (c), Rob Valentini, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Darcy Swain, Allan Alaalatoa, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, James Slipper. Reserves: Jordan Uelese, Angus Bell, Taniela Tupou, Matt Philip, Fraser McReight, Jake Gordon, Matt To’omua, Reece Hodge.

Will be tough for the Wallabies without having Koroibete, luckily for them Petaia is starting.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lolesio's kicking game is terrible and All Blacks as always confident in their home turf.

Unfortunately for the Wallabies I just cannot see them winning the next game, Perth would be more likely as the Silverware will stay in NZ for another year.
Yeah but we have to bend over backwards to accommodate NZ lol. Until we stand our ground off the field we will never beat them on the field

Yeah but we have to bend over backwards to accommodate NZ lol. Until we stand our ground off the field we will never beat them on the field

How many ruck infringements and outside the ruck areas do they get away with?
Holding onto players trying to break through and support.

Until the All Blacks are penalised for indiscretions like every other team they will always be in front.

I'm not taking anything away from NZRU just the way their games are policed compared to others.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many ruck infringements and outside the ruck areas do they get away with?
Holding onto players trying to break through and support.

Until the All Blacks are penalised for indiscretions like every other team they will always be in front.

I'm not taking anything away from NZRU just the way their games are policed compared to others.
They conceded 18 penalties and Williams never looked to send one of them off and so many times it went unpunished. It’s a joke that 3 kiwis are doing an All Blacks game

They conceded 18 penalties and Williams never looked to send one of them off and so many times it went unpunished. It’s a joke that 3 kiwis are doing an All Blacks game

Mate it’s gotten worse the passed few years.
I remember one game years ago where one of our players was stomped on ( when you were allowed to rake in the rucks) and he retaliated and got sent off but the NZ player got the penalty.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate it’s gotten worse the passed few years.
I remember one game years ago where one of our players was stomped on ( when you were allowed to rake in the rucks) and he retaliated and got sent off but the NZ player got the penalty.
They get away with murder Richie McCaw made a career from entering from the side

Back