Game Day Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a pleasant early Sunday morning skimming the Blues' autopsy thread. I know it is unkind to point and laugh at the misfortune of others but this is Carlton. The cliff notes are:
1. Another rebuild is on as the List is deficient.
2. The coach is gone.
3. Questioning the recruitment of 4 highly paid players
4. Questioning the Cripps contract.

Sad thing is main issue is the boys club board. Needs huge change.

But you know, they are fine to perrenially be on the cusp

I'm stunned that there hasn't been a calculated effort in the post game pressers to draw attention to the consistent difference in the way the Bulldogs are umpired to others. We have seen Clarkson whinge about Papley and ever since has to be decapitated to earn a free. We have seen Hardwick whinge about our short kicking and since we have to kick 20m to be safe from a no 15 call. Why have opposition coaches not raised this?

Don't know why they're media darlings, but the fact they haven't been called out, despite the continual free kick disparity, really says something about the media.

iirc Port Melbourne walked to the boundary line during a shockingly umpired (and violent) VFA GF versus Dandenong. Am too lazy at the moment to check the details but it was our Captain Coach who directed our players in the protest.

We agreed to resume, the Umpiring improved to just being terrible and we still got done like a dinner.

If we were against terrible umpiring in the finals I'd hope horse had gils phone number on speed dial and and called him after quarter time... not on...

Losing a GF to that bullshit was painful

Tigers got spanked by the Cats today. Never looked like being in it. Have Freo at optus next week unfortunate for Freo they lost some important players due to injury today because they could definitely take them I think.

Lol... Melbourne Footy Clubs are in crisis. Seven of the Nine are now in rebuild mode. :p :)

Carlton can offer their expertise. hehehehe

Just noticed Stevie Johnson in the Giants rooms .

Our fwd line looks a heck of a lot better this year with Jarrad McVeigh in charge.

Obviously helped by our ball movement, so kudos overall to our coaching group this year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, the race for 8th spot is heating up now... not sure if this is good and bad for us.

Like Freo, I reckon Essendon will come out firing on Saturday
They sure will. Couldn't beat Giants with Coniglio, Greene & Finlayson out, opportunity lost.

They sure will. Couldn't beat Giants with Coniglio, Greene & Finlayson out, opportunity lost.
and did Essendon not kick a goal from mid 1st quarter - I heard silly Eddie commentary in the last bit of the game?

and did Essendon not kick a goal from mid 1st quarter - I heard silly Eddie commentary in the last bit of the game?
Only kicked two goals in the 2nd half. :oops: Giants ran them down and did the complete opposite than when they played us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back