Thanks scomo, everyone knows 80% vaccinated is hard to achieve. More spin, we’ll never ‘open up’ with our current set of politicians (of all colours)

Remove this Banner Ad

What?

16+ fully vaccinated %
  • Tasmania (Coalition) = 24.4%
  • Victoria (Labor) = 19.2%
  • SA (Coalition) = 19.2%
  • NSW (Coalition) = 19.1%
  • Queensland (Labor) = 18.3%
  • WA (Labor) = 16.1%

Haven't included the territories.

‘if the rest of the country is waiting for WA to get to 70%…when it’s effectively a different country…look out

Irrelevant. My point is that 70-80% is achievable

you don’t think a slowing of the in countries approaching 70% which have previously been good news stories is relevant?

ah but scomo is quoting ‘science’ or is it a warm coat not boardshots. The guy is a menace to himself and thecountry

I think what will happen is Australia will eventually get to similar rates of vaccination as the UK/US/European countries (50%-55% both doses,
70% one dose). These crazy government "targets" will have been adjusted downwards by then. Also by that time the fully vaccinated will have been
given some freedoms/advantages/whatever you want to call them. I can see the federal LNP losing the next election (it's hard to win too many in a row
regardless of what is going on), but I can see Gladys here in NSW winning comfortably. I know there is a bunch of whingeing about her not "going hard early" or whatever that stupid slogan is but there is a lot of support for her not falling into a heap every time someone gets a sniffle as well. Also there are 35% of people in Sydney who've had at least one shot now. They know they are basically safe from the virus. A lot of people have woken up to the fact that the Covid elimination / hermit approach is not going to work in the long run. And yes, some unvaccinated people will die. But it won't be them.
In Victoria I noticed the day they came out of the last lockdown there were eight new cases and they came out anyway. Victoria's approach will start to
be more like NSW's approach. And Qld will follow suit too. No one cares what WA etc does. Nine people live there, and no one ever goes there.
The three big states will determine what Australia does. Like they always do. Anyway, that's my current prediction.

It is interesting, reading about all these people who say they are "waiting on the data" blah blah before deciding on whether to get
vaccinated or not. Here is some current data ; there are 222 people in NSW in hospital with Covid (54 are in ICU). Not one of them
is fully vaccinated. Not one.

It is interesting, reading about all these people who say they are "waiting on the data" blah blah before deciding on whether to get
vaccinated or not. Here is some current data ; there are 222 people in NSW in hospital with Covid (54 are in ICU). Not one of them

and not sure if it needs explaining, but a Two part vaccine, with 3-12 weeks between shots cannot be done overnight

Surprise surprise … who didn’t see this coming ……Vaccination or else you get no freedom … if you don’t think you are being controlled think again …. I’m not an anti vac….and am booked in … you think you are free …. Wrong … you are controlled

Surprise surprise … who didn’t see this coming ……Vaccination or else you get no freedom … if you don’t think you are being controlled think again …. I’m not an anti vac….and am booked in … you think you are free …. Wrong … you are controlled

and Aussies are supposed to be anti establishment, larrikin etc. we are like a bunch of pussies right now

and Aussies are supposed to be anti establishment, larrikin etc. we are like a bunch of pussies right now
The larrikin has been phased out … our whole she’ll be right attitude is gone and it’s a shame …and it seems if you question anything these days you’re labelled a conspiracy theorist …. The Government don’t want people that think for themselves

The larrikin has been phased out … our whole she’ll be right attitude is gone and it’s a shame …and it seems if you question anything these days you’re labelled a conspiracy theorist …. The Government don’t want people that think for themselves
It's more if you question s**t that has obvious answers available (stuff like, how do vaccines work, etc) in order to further a certain narrative you're labelled a conspiracy theorist or just plain ignorant... because that's pretty much what you are.

Hospitalised with covid or because of covid?

you don’t think a slowing of the in countries approaching 70% which have previously been good news stories is relevant?

ah but scomo is quoting ‘science’ or is it a warm coat not boardshots. The guy is a menace to himself and thecountry
Interesting to see QLD is lagging behind all states in Australia, and this hasn't been helped by the premier and CHO playing the politics game with AZ. Jeanette Young is happy to continue telling every Queenslander under 60 "Don't go near AZ", yet she is content for women of all ages to take the contraceptive pill when the risk of blood clots associated with it are twice as high as AZ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they all suddenly suffered serious injury and also happened to have a virus. You people are very tiresome.
In the UK over half the hospitalisations that are classified as covid, aren’t testing positive until they have a routine covid test done during their stay.

Now, do you want to tell me that someone is so sick with covid that they require hospitalisation but won’t have had a test done beforehand?

I think the 80%/70% thing is just the government trying to say to people they are "really serious" about Covid. They know full well it'll
never happen, but by the time the country gets to 50%/60% (around the end of the year) everyone will be so over the whole thing they'll
be more than happy that the target percentages will have been revised downwards substantially by then. By that time vaccines will have been
around for nine months and the large bulk of vaccinated people won't give a hoot that unvaccinated people are still getting sick and dying from
Covid. There's no reason to think we won't follow what is happening in the UK & US & Europe. We've been doing that for the last 250 years
or so.

In the UK over half the hospitalisations that are classified as covid, aren’t testing positive until they have a routine covid test done during their stay.

Now, do you want to tell me that someone is so sick with covid that they require hospitalisation but won’t have had a test done beforehand?

Sure, it is all a hoax and there is no pandemic. The entire world has been conspiring against those with true sight.

Apparently in Italy if you arent carrying a green vaccinated card you cant go to bars/gym/restaurants etc. Starting this week I think.

If that is proposed here the vaccinated rates should hit that 80% with the remaining 20% exerising their right to not vaccinate I suppose.

Apparently in Italy if you arent carrying a green vaccinated card you cant go to bars/gym/restaurants etc. Starting this week I think.

If that is proposed here the vaccinated rates should hit that 80% with the remaining 20% exerising their right to not vaccinate I suppose.
It strikes me as a no-brainer. The civil libertarian do-gooders will object, but public health trumps privacy (whether you are vaccinated or not).

and not sure if it needs explaining, but a Two part vaccine, with 3-12 weeks between shots cannot be done overnight

Factor in a new variant that requires a new vaccine ?

I get that people want certainty but can anyone truly predict with certainty - a date is a placebo for nervous nellies.

and schoolkids are spoofing positive tests. s**t happens

Interesting to see QLD is lagging behind all states in Australia, and this hasn't been helped by the premier and CHO playing the politics game with AZ. Jeanette Young is happy to continue telling every Queenslander under 60 "Don't go near AZ", yet she is content for women of all ages to take the contraceptive pill when the risk of blood clots associated with it are twice as high as AZ.
A clear sign that aus is not really threatened, is the sheer amount of politicking going on. It’s pathetic. Locked in like the old communist bloc (but connected people need not be troubled)

Yep, done. Now what? Wait for this pie in the sky number to be met before it means anything at all changes

We need a "80% have had the chance to vaccinate so now we open up".

We cant let people refusing to do something stop the rest of us from getting our lives back.

The essential difference between the current outbreak in NSW and Victoria last year is over 85% of nursing home residents in NSW
are fully vaccinated, and 45% of all 70+ year olds in NSW are fully vaccinated and over 80% have had one dose. The clinics and GPs
in NSW have done a good job in getting the very at risk people vaccinated. Already you can see the death toll in NSW recently is very
low compared to the Victorian outbreak last year. It's because the vaccines work. There were no vaccines last year.
On top of that medicos have an extra years of experience in treating Covid patients up their sleeve. It helps. There are 59 people in
ICU with Covid in Australia. There are 3400 ICU beds. Probably best if everyone stays calm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back